Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Advise On Car Purchase - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Advise On Car Purchase (761 Views)

2008 Toyota Camry Now 3units On Car Stand / I Have A Budget Of 800k To 900k, Car Gurus Which Vehicle Do You Advise I Buy? / 2008 Toyota Camry now 3units on car stand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On Car Purchase by layi(m): 12:08am On Aug 07, 2019
I don't want to assume i know. Need to consult the house on 2 issues

1. How do u know the Nigerian used car you are about to buy is not stolen? Price tag isnt reliable. As per documents some people claim they cant find the originals but just d photocopies in the car.

2 How do u know that foreign used car has not been registered for a month or so and plate number removed when u go for inspection? When u go to register and it pops up, it may be too late.
Re: Advise On Car Purchase by layi(m): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2019
ok
Re: Advise On Car Purchase by greggng: 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2019
layi:
I don't want to assume i know. Need to consult the house on 2 issues

1. How do u know the Nigerian used car you are about to buy is not stolen? Price tag isnt reliable. As per documents some people claim they cant find the originals but just d photocopies in the car.

2 How do u know that foreign used car has not been registered for a month or so and plate number removed when u go for inspection? When u go to register and it pops up, it may be too late.

Do your due deligence . Don't buy any car that owner claimed original papers not available .,.even if he present photocopy. Even with original papers don't buy untill you have done due deligence. Visit the vio office with the car registration number. They will check it on their system to ascertain the full name of the owner, his address and phone number. It will also display information about the chassis number or what we call Vin number....also the insurance policy. By the time you got all this info...then demand for the original document to ascertain it corresponds with what is on the system. Ensure the chassis number is same as that on the vehicle manufacturing sticker and also that on the windscreen. Ensure no missing digit o the chassis number. If there is, pls Run....if everything is in order....call the number on the allocation of plate number document...speak with the person whose number is there to confirm if he authorised the sell of his car....with this you can make decision...still afraid ask him to accompany you to nearby station to take undertaken that he authorised the sale. For the second part of your question...vio will run a check on the car vin to ascertain if it has been registered.
Re: Advise On Car Purchase by layi(m): 8:24pm On May 14, 2020
greggng:

Do your due deligence . Don't buy any car that owner claimed original papers not available .,.even if he present photocopy. Even with original papers don't buy untill you have done due deligence. Visit the vio office with the car registration number. They will check it on their system to ascertain the full name of the owner, his address and phone number. It will also display information about the chassis number or what we call Vin number....also the insurance policy. By the time you got all this info...then demand for the original document to ascertain it corresponds with what is on the system. Ensure the chassis number is same as that on the vehicle manufacturing sticker and also that on the windscreen. Ensure no missing digit o the chassis number. If there is, pls Run....if everything is in order....call the number on the allocation of plate number document...speak with the person whose number is there to confirm if he authorised the sell of his car....with this you can make decision...still afraid ask him to accompany you to nearby station to take undertaken that he authorised the sale. For the second part of your question...vio will run a check on the car vin to ascertain if it has been registered.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

2008 HONDA Accord A.K.A Evil Spirit For Sale 2million Naira Only / Few Months Toyota Camry 2004 Model @ Benin / Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.