Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,423 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Lawmaker Kicked Out Of The Parliament For Coming With A Baby In Kenya (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawmaker Kicked Out Of The Parliament For Coming With A Baby In Kenya (video) (229 Views)

Enugu Rerun: Voters Beat INEC Staff For Coming With Pre-filled Result Sheets / Umahi Orders Soldiers To Flog Civil Servants In Ebonyi For Coming Late (Video) / Wike: We Have Kicked Out Godfatherism In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Lawmaker Kicked Out Of The Parliament For Coming With A Baby In Kenya (video) by Goodwills: 11:53am On Aug 07, 2019
A Kenyan lawmaker, Kwale woman Representative, Zulekha Hassan was on Wednesday ordered out of the National Assembly for disrupting a parliamentary session.

The legislator was kicked out of the chambers after she walked in with a baby.

Speaker of the National Assembly Hon. Chris Omulele, MP Luanda termed move as unprecedented.

The Kwale Woman Rep said she had an emergency that’s why she came to parliament with the baby and suggested that a mother’s room be put in place to curb such situations.

“I have tried really hard not to come with the baby, but today I had an emergency; what was I supposed to do? … If there was a room, a thresh or a nursery room, I’d be able to then put my baby,” said Zulekha.

She said, “Today, I had an emergency, what was I supposed to do? Miss parliament? That’s why I just came with her. I knew I would be staying here just for a while and later when my situation is better, I would go. But if there was a room or a creche or nursery, I would then be able to put my baby there.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO: https://odinceblog.com/lawmaker-kicked-out-of-the-parliament-for-coming-with-a-baby-in-kenya-video/

Re: Lawmaker Kicked Out Of The Parliament For Coming With A Baby In Kenya (video) by Blackblunt: 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
Kenya and their news
Re: Lawmaker Kicked Out Of The Parliament For Coming With A Baby In Kenya (video) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2019
This is so bad. Not baby friendly at all. Organisations are encouraged to promote breast feeding in the work place. Breastfeeding has immeasurable benefits to the mother, the child and the society.
Re: Lawmaker Kicked Out Of The Parliament For Coming With A Baby In Kenya (video) by Mynd44: 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2019

(1)

Army Salutes Gov Akeredolu On Infrastructural Support / Soyinka Hails Akeredolu's Infrastructural Strides / Osinbajo Should Retrace His Steps. Corruption In SIP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.