Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach (1664 Views)

Swap**drop Your Nokia C3 With Cash And Collect Black Bold 5.call 08038940607 / Nokia Dstv Receiver. Nokia Su 33w Dvb-h device. watch DSTV on your Nokia Phones / Enjoy Your browsing on your Nokia Fones, Blackberry, Laptops 4 FREE NOW!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by Metalzoa: 3:29am On Oct 19, 2010

Price and related info on the website cheesy

http://www.mizbeach.com

(ps. free delivery for those pre-ordering from outside Lagos)
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by Metalzoa: 9:13pm On Oct 19, 2010
What do you guys think of the site? Helpful? Room for improvement?
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by NCP: 3:14am On Oct 20, 2010
Your product gallary needs improvement. Repeating same products in over three pages drives me nuts and try placing them into categories.
Take a clue from slotsystems.biz
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by NCP: 3:14am On Oct 20, 2010
Your product gallary needs improvement. Repeating same products in over three pages drives me nuts and try placing them into categories.
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by Metalzoa: 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2010
Products are not repeated over 3 pages. The gallery is randomized so you get an opportunity to see other phones every time you visit. The results are organized properly, it is just set to display randomly so people get to see their results displayed in an organic manner.

There are categories for manufacturers as well as for sorting phones by features, such as touch screen, android operating system, wifi and whatnot.

Perhaps you should try using the site objectively instead of assuming features aren't in place and recommending we should be more like our competitors. What advantage to the customer does it bring if all retailers followed the same approach to problems?

Variety is the spice of life.
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by texazzpete(m): 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2010
Metalzoa:

Products are not repeated over 3 pages. The gallery is randomized so you get an opportunity to see other phones every time you visit. The results are organized properly, it is just set to display randomly so people get to see their results displayed in an organic manner.

There are categories for manufacturers as well as for sorting phones by features, such as touch screen, android operating system, wifi and whatnot.

Perhaps you should try using the site objectively instead of assuming features aren't in place and recommending we should be more like our competitors. What advantage to the customer does it bring if all retailers followed the same approach to problems?

Variety is the spice of life.

You asked for opinions and you got one. Why the heck are you being so defensive for?

Not all your customers are going to think like YOU. many will think like HIM. Try and take another look at the site, see if there's any validity in his comments and move on. Being all antsy because his comments aren't all positive isn't good.
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by Metalzoa: 10:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
Thanks for the feedback.

Not being antsy, but what he addressed is something i get tons of emails about, stating the opposite. Had he said he preferred Slot's then that's a different issue from there being no sorting at all.

My objective is to explain why I disagree with his verdict. It is an opinion and he is entitled to one, but misinformation is not justified simply because it is in form of an opinion. I pointed out why I disagree with his verdict and my suggestions/rationale behind my decision.

However this appears to be to defensive for some, so I'll avoid responding to any critique. I'll remain neutral and continue to promote the Preorder, as originally intended.
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by DualCore1: 3:57am On Oct 22, 2010
Don't ask for something you can't take.

On the gallery, once you start viewing by criteria you can't get back to All Products with a click. There's no link taking you back to All Products and you can't just click on the "Product Gallery" page as it is seen as the page you're on already and link disabled. You'd first have to go outta that page by clicking the Home or some other link and go back into the Product Gallery.

What's a phone gallery without a Search feature? Don't get me wrong, there's a difference between viewing items by a predefined search criteria (tags) and viewing items based on the exact keyword you want. If I want the Nokia N97 please get me there as fast as possible, don't make me pass through a series of "Next Page"s before I see it.

The user experience just somewhere near average.
Usability is good.
Aesthetics is good.

NCP:

I don't understand your point as per categories when this is there:
Select a brand to browse their catalog

* Categories
o Apple
o Blackberry
o HTC
o LG
o Nokia
o Samsung
o Sony Ericsson

Or you can sort our inventory by specific features
Android Bluetooth Browser Camera DSTV Dual Sim Email Flashlight GPS Memory Card MP3 QWERTY Radio Touchscreen TV Walkman Wifi

I'm guessing that wasn't there at the time of your writing.
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by Metalzoa: 9:56am On Oct 22, 2010
I don't mind criticism. I ask for the harshest possible because its the most direct way to get to problems people intuitively feel.

My only problem was that I didn't understand if he actually visited the site or just wanted to push slot's website.
As you have correctly noted, the points about the categories and sorting made absolutely no sense unless he didn't see the page at all, which is hard to believe since he would have to see it to critique it right? The whole thing was getting too confusing and it was looking like I came for a fight so I dropped it.

Excellent usability points brought up.

1. I hadn't really thought people would want to return to the all phones view,  until I found I wanted to do it quite a few times on the site but it became a small issue in comparison to most other things wrong at the time and I never went back to review it. To be honest I just got so used to going into a phone's single-view page then hitting the product gallery button to go back instead. Should be a one click solution on the original product gallery though, as you've correctly noted.

2. Search is the being worked in. This is my first major project so it was a big learning process. Site is doing a bit well for 3 months under its belt, and im getting more tips and tricks to add to the arsenal. Hopefully will soon mount a search bar because its unfair to make them manually scroll through multiple pages to find what they are looking for. I'm sorry for making you hit next so many times sad

I appreciate your direct feedback. You have a very clear understanding of how to deliver objective criticism. I wouldn't even care if you referenced examples from other sites or slot's, as long as you were making a logical point, like you've displayed.

Please keep them coming, Dual Core. I really appreciate it. What was the loading speed like? Where did the site face the most slow-downs? Areas of improvement, major and minor would be appreciated as well cheesy
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by Metalzoa: 7:30am On Oct 23, 2010
b u m p
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by Metalzoa: 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2010
Still running smiley
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by spacefreak: 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2010
wats the delivery date?
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by Metalzoa: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2010
We're not sure yet, to be honest. Nokia is realizing their preorder system through QuickTeller is not working properly and they're trying to organize it better.
As soon as they release a date, I'll get it across.
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by Metalzoa: 9:32pm On Oct 28, 2010
So they are letting people register at the retailers now, instead of the QuickTeller website.

Still haven't announced a date but they have made it easier to secure a device though cheesy
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by Pelpelly(m): 5:22am On Dec 10, 2010
@Metalzoa

We are looking for corporations (or individual) who can order 300+ units of the Blackberry Torch (9800) and Bold 2 (9700) which we are supplying from the United States.  We can supply any amount needed but minimum must be 300 units.  Units are 100% original from RIM (not Chinese versions), unbranded, unopened, and unlocked.  We have all necessary documents and contacts to verify our legitimacy and have been procuring goods for businesses and individuals in Nigeria for over a decade.  If you have any questions, please ask and we will quickly respond.  I don't know if you can find a better deal on original Blackberry's anywhere in Nigeria. 

sales@amanaservices.com
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by dvd(f): 6:37am On Dec 10, 2010
@pelpelly, seen ur prices,we have beta deals for even lesser qtys like 5pcs going for 350 usd. sorry u may nt knw 9ja so well.
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by Pelpelly(m): 6:40am On Dec 10, 2010
Well I guess only time will tell who knows 9ja well. You may want to check your product instead of scrutinizing my prices. I know my product is 100% original not China made and I can stand by that. Best luck to you sista.
Re: Preorder Your Nokia N8 @ Mizbeach by dvd(f): 9:04am On Dec 10, 2010
blackberries r nt made jst in the us n yes i knw abt china, we get original n neva had cmplains 4 years, keep searchn,u may find sm1 who wants 300pcs,

(1) (Reply)

Internet-vsat Solution And Netwoking Installation Proposal For U&ur Company / Nokia E75 4 Sale 17k / Request For Proposal On Internet Service Provider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.