Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,077 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue (797 Views)

APC Reverses Self, Disowns Governorship Campaign Council List / Adeleke Reverses Self On Sack Of Civil Servants, Monarchs / Twitter Writes FG Over Suspension, Seeks Dialogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by AyubHamza: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue

It’s never too late to do the right thing; I think finally, former President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo appears to understanding this as well as his role as an elder statesman.

On Saturday, he met with Fulani cattle breeders in the Southwest as well as Kogi and Kwara States in order to address the scuffle between the nomadic herders and the resident farmers.

Obasanjo told Gan Allah Fulani Development Association of Nigeria (GAFDAN) that Yorubas wanted unity, peace, harmony, wholesomeness and progress in the region, stressing that the time had come for everybody to acknowledge that “bad things are happening” in the Southwest and which have been attracting bad names to the Fulani in their midst.

This is a clear departure from Obasanjo’s reliance on writing only letters in the past. The former president appears to be putting his money where his mouth is, he finally seems to understand that actions speak louder than words. Meeting face to face with Fulani cattle breeders is completely different from writing an open letter.

If one reads the communiqué from the meeting, Baba seems to have gotten some firsthand information on the most recent shape of the farmer/herder clashes across the country and the reasons for such happening in the Southwest.

Like President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo have done in the last few weeks, Chief Obasanjo has embraced dialogue over explosive statements that could cause the country more harm. We all know that Baba loves Nigeria and that he wants peace but this can best be achieved through diplomatic channels.

A proof of this was the swift rescue of five persons abducted in Ogun state. The police force deployed geo-tagging technology and other technological know-how to track the kidnappers and arrest five culprits.

These are the kind of engagements that is required and expected of our leaders and I am happy Baba is adding his voice to this newly adopted strategy.

Copied.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by MetaPhysical: 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2019
This thread is what Elders save in their archives to wave in our face when we grieve that we are not allowed access in positions of authority. They show us a thread like this to prove youth irresponsibility and immaturity.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by saaron(m): 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2019
Fifth propaganda columnist at work. Fulani terrorist militia and their govt sponsors will pay for they lives of those slaughtered.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 07, 2019
This looks like a typical WhatsApp fake news that always end with:

'Copied';
'Forwarded as received'

You will not find the name of the writer or any link to confirm the story.

I hail you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by youngmd: 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
I need a old Facebook account to buy if u have qoute me let chat
Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by MikeTyson(m): 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
youngmd:

I need a old Facebook account to buy if u have
qoute me let chat
I get old Facebook. PM to buy
Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by Algorithims: 7:44pm On Aug 07, 2019
Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2019
grin..... Na todayyyy wey Elders dey get Reversible mind ?

Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by ItsTutsi(m): 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2019
Hahaha typical nyamuri flat.heads and chest-beating.. u have been sounding the drums of war since 3m of u guys were used for sacrifice

Na to only make mouth for social media... "first-to-comment" according to Soyinka cheesy grin
saaron:
Fifth propaganda columnist at work. Fulani terrorist militia and their govt sponsors will pay for they lives of those slaughtered.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by steveDpro: 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2019
youngmd:

qoute me let chat

I have 10yrs old
Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by valeny2k(m): 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2019
youngmd:

qoute me let chat
, I have, how many years?
Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by valeny2k(m): 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
valeny2k:
, I have, how many years?
valeny2k@gmail.com
Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by valeny2k(m): 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2019
[quote author=youngmd post=81038405]
qoute me let chat valeny2k@gmail.com contact me
Re: Obasanjo Reverses Self On Fulanization, Seeks Dialogue by GoodofNaija: 2:00am On Aug 08, 2019
Lies & Deceits are their strategies!

OP's name already gave him out- we know where he belongs- cow people!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shocking!no Zoning 2023 Presidency Afenifere Tell Nigerian / Breaking: Global Company Shuts Operations In Nigeria / Aluyi Dies At 79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.