Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Beware Of Mtn - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Beware Of Mtn (667 Views)

1GB Of MTN Data For N1,400 / The Best Of Mtn Browser / Price Of Mtn 3.5g Modems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Mtn by Brownteeth(m): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2010
I started using the new MTN 100MB/month package and I discovered that they speed up the consumption rate of your data size. When I activated the 100MB package, I did a few minor things online for some few minutes and discovered I have already used up 8MB out of the 100MB. I was alarmed because I have been using etisalat 100MB/month, and that 8MB consumed on MTN would have been about 2MB on etisalat for that short browsing period. I went further using the MTN to be sure of my discovery and I fully confirmed that MTN configured their system to use up your data size at a faster rate. You can try it for yourself and see. I think its wise to try all the networks and compare peformance so you can know when you are being cheated.
Re: Beware Of Mtn by yazz09(m): 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
my brother you are 100% correct in your observation. I noticed that when i subscribed to the 10mb daily plan. Just google, nairaland and 1 other website that opened and it stopped browsing. When i checked my bundle balance i was told it has finished. Meanwhile i turned of all the updates in my system. Can you imagine that daylight robbery
Re: Beware Of Mtn by Dolemite(f): 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2010
You can't really measure these things, pictures too could add to it.
Re: Beware Of Mtn by lifestyle1(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2010
The package is meant for phone not for PC,   If u are using your phone it will last long,  I hardly pay to browse lipsrsealed
Re: Beware Of Mtn by samoks(m): 11:28am On Oct 20, 2010
A word is enough for the wise, MTN has the backing of the National Assembly, I got this info from one of their workers, they bribe our law makers with trips abroad and other goodies, that is why our law makers cannot challenge them to reduce all their charges as it obtains in other countries.
Re: Beware Of Mtn by bhsadmin: 7:50pm On Oct 20, 2010
hmm this complain about network providers. i think they are all thieves. we are helpless in this issue.

how can one win 1million Naira by sending win to 555. with just N100?

na wao
Re: Beware Of Mtn by Bonchux(m): 9:49am On Oct 21, 2010
I believe that one day etisalat will drive them out of the market .
Re: Beware Of Mtn by iamsaeed(m): 11:15pm On Oct 21, 2010
Bon, i'm with u on this. Etisalat is now winning the hearts of Nigerians. Although all the gsm operators r exploiting people by that download limit of theirs, Nigerians need broadband connections that r unlimited. Starcomms i like very much coz you buy time with unlimited download. and thats how it's supposed to be.
Re: Beware Of Mtn by Georgelolu(m): 11:46pm On Oct 21, 2010
My country people MTN na thief ooooo, beware .
Re: Beware Of Mtn by COMPAQ(m): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2010
Bonchux:

I believe that one day etisalat will drive them out of the market .

Etisalat's internet is still way too slow for PC use. Guess it's ok for phone browsing though.
Brownteeth:

I started using the new MTN 100MB/month package and I discovered that they speed up the consumption rate of your data size. When I activated the 100MB package, I did a few minor things online for some few minutes and discovered I have already used up 8MB out of the 100MB. I was alarmed because I have been using etisalat 100MB/month, and that 8MB consumed on MTN would have been about 2MB on etisalat for that short browsing period. I went further using the MTN to be sure of my discovery and I fully confirmed that MTN configured their system to use up your data size at a faster rate. You can try it for yourself and see. I think its wise to try all the networks and compare peformance so you can know when you are being cheated.

You are very correct though, in the past i've also complained about this. I once subscribed to the N500 daily plan, then it was 50Mb and you won't believe , but it got finished in about 19minutes!!!!!!! And all I did was open yahoo, soccernet and fb! On the other hand I also use Glo on the same laptop and their 150Mb barely gets to 100Mb before the 24 hours is up, so what's going on? ON THE SAME LAPTOP, WITH OBVIOUSLY THE SAME SETTINGS!! MTN is a fraud!! angry

(1) (Reply)

Want To Learn Wireless And Wired Network Configurations? / Check This, Is All About You: Cash And Carry / If Ur Using Hp5500,hp4500,hp2600,hp4700 Printer U Can Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.