Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Koscielny's Bordeaux Unveiling Video Was Disrespectful- Ian Wright - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Koscielny's Bordeaux Unveiling Video Was Disrespectful- Ian Wright (450 Views)

Laurent Koscielny Dumps Arsenal For Bordeaux / Unai Emery Appoints New Captain After Fall Out With Koscielny / Arsenal Defender Koscielny Retires From France After Criticizing France Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Koscielny's Bordeaux Unveiling Video Was Disrespectful- Ian Wright by ogbiwa: 6:10am On Aug 08, 2019
Arsenal legend Ian Wright has described former Gunners captain Laurent Koscielny as "disrespectful" for the nature of his social media video unveiling at Bordeaux.

In the video, Koscielny, who left Emirates Stadium after nine years on Tuesday, pulls off an Arsenal shirt to reveal his new team's top underneath.

The 33-year-old defender had earlier refused to travel on Arsenal's pre-season tour and made it clear he wanted to leave.

Wright said Koscielny's actions "hurt".

Directly addressing former France centre-back Koscielny, ex-England striker Wright posted on social media: "You should be ashamed for the way you've left the club after nine years.

"Got what you wanted and still trying to have a dig. Hope it's worth it in the long run."

Koscielny has later posted a statement on Instagram explaining his decision to join Ligue 1 Bordeaux in a £4.6m deal.

He describes his return to his homeland as a "turning point" in his life "as a player, man and family man".

"My decision to leave has been discussed for months with my club, my team-mates, my coach.

"However, I hope you can understand, and in any case I cannot be thankful enough for these years past at Arsenal.

"I am aware of everything that the club and you supporters have brought to me. But it is time for me to go home so today my will is to join the Bordeaux."

From Arsenal fans and journalists to former players and celebrity supporters, plenty of people have been airing their thoughts on Koscielny's move on social media.

Former Gunners forward Eniola Aluko posted her agreement with Wright:

Agree! This has got to be the worst, most crass signing reveal I have ever seen. He'll cringe looking back at this

While comedian Jack Whitehall - an Arsenal fan - tweeted his own witty response
:

Also, maybe if he was revealing the Barca shirt - but you've just gone in a bargain bin clearance sale to a team that finished 14th in Ligue 1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49261253

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Koscielny's Bordeaux Unveiling Video Was Disrespectful- Ian Wright by logon599: 6:10am On Aug 08, 2019
I believe Koscielny served arsenal faithfully for 9 years so the manner in which he left was baffling. He deserved to leave on a legend status so I don't know why this . Wrighty should just let it go. Koscielny has gotten the move he wanted, whatever he choses to do there shouldn't be anyone's concern now, everyone should just move on.

Meanwhile that Whitehall guy has reached savage level 90 shocked

2 Likes

Re: Koscielny's Bordeaux Unveiling Video Was Disrespectful- Ian Wright by bhella10: 6:54am On Aug 08, 2019
logon599:
I believe Koscielny served arsenal faithfully for 9 years so the manner in which he left was baffling. He deserved to leave on a legend status so I don't know why this . Wrighty should just let it go. Koscielny has gotten the move he wanted, whatever he choses to do there shouldn't be anyone's concern now, everyone should just move on.

Meanwhile that Whitehall guy has reached savage level 90 shocked
Are you a Gunner? Otherwise just let it go.

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona 2-1 Napoli - 8th Aug 2019 - Highlights And Goals - Friendly Match / Real Betis Coach Say's He Hopes Messi Would Fall Sick Ahead Of Barcelona Clash / Icardi Permanently Sign From Inter For The Sum Of €70m To PSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.