Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

IG Special Squad Hits South West In Two Weeks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IG Special Squad Hits South West In Two Weeks (290 Views)

IG Special Squad Hits South-west In Two Weeks- Adamu / Operatives Of IGP Special Squad Arrest Man In Delta, Extort N300K From Him. Pics / IGP Deploys Special Squad As IPOB Descends On Police In Abia …soldiers Leave Bat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IG Special Squad Hits South West In Two Weeks by Sanromeo(m): 7:12am On Aug 08, 2019
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, is to deploy a special squad in the South-West in the next two weeks to tackle kidnapping and other criminal activities in the area.

The Deputy Inspector-General of Police (Operations), Abdulmajid Ali, said this during a courtesy visit to Ondo State Governor Rotimi Akeredolu in Akure on Wednesday.

Ali, who was accompanied by the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 11, Mr Leye Oyebade, and Ondo State Commissioner of Police, Mr Undie Adie, stated that the special squad had been training in Abuja.

According to him, the main assignment of the squad is to curb crimes in the region.

He said the police were keen on making the country safe for everyone.

The police chief said, “I was sent by the Inspector- General of Police not only to Ondo State, but to other South-West states to see the security architecture on the ground and to see how to redesign the security apparatus.

“I decided to start from Ondo before going to Ekiti and Osun states, because Ondo, being one of the focus states in recent times, I believe we need to sit down with my officers here and see how we can move ahead.

“I want to let you know that the IG is mindful of what has been happening, particularly along the roads as well as the miscreants disturbing the peace of the people.

“I also want you to know that security is one of the first pillars of any government. If security is not provided, there won’t be peace in that area and the governor too will find it difficult to operate.”

Akeredolu, who was represented by his deputy, Agboola Ajayi, expressed concern over the security issues in the state and other South-West states.

He urged the police to arrest the killers of Mrs Funke Olakunri, daughter of the leader of pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation Afenifere, Pa Reuben Fasoranti, saying it was a task that must be done by the force.

He said, “The police must also engage the community. This is very important. Even if you have 200,000 policemen in a community, you need the cooperation of the people in that community for you to be able to carry out your job effectively.”

https://punchng.com/ig-special-squad-hits-swest-in-two-weeks/

Re: IG Special Squad Hits South West In Two Weeks by oluwadabira111(m): 7:18am On Aug 08, 2019
Are u sure they are coming to only keep peace,or to start problem,because in this buhari gorvenment we dont know what to expect
Re: IG Special Squad Hits South West In Two Weeks by BigBelleControl(m): 7:19am On Aug 08, 2019
I still wonder why our security agencies lack intelligence. In those days, you hear about CID doing undercover investigation but it seems those things are now lacking.

It's not just about [/b]hitting the south west,[b] it's about gathering enough intelligence to foil future attacks.
Re: IG Special Squad Hits South West In Two Weeks by oluwadabira111(m): 7:21am On Aug 08, 2019
And imagine they are still telling them to arrest the murderer of mrs fasoranti las las nigeria security forces na joke
Re: IG Special Squad Hits South West In Two Weeks by solmusdesigns: 7:26am On Aug 08, 2019
angry

why not domesticate the IGP squad in each state command, and equip them with mobile phone tracer

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths Now Take Processed Urine To Feel High – NDLEA / Kenya Deports Nigerian National Dibia Obinna Linked With Drugs, Human Traffickin / Journey To Europe Through Sahara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.