Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

The 109 Senators And The Mentorship Role - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 109 Senators And The Mentorship Role (479 Views)

Talk To Your Senators, Below Are The Contact Details Of The 109 Senators / RECORD: Contact Details OF All The 109 Senators In Federal Republic Of Nigeria / Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 109 Senators And The Mentorship Role by starstaz(m): 7:54am On Aug 08, 2019
This new conversation is influenced by the thinking and thought of one of Nigeria's writer, anchor, journalist and emeritus presidential spokesman, even though he didn't flourished so well in the last capacity, Dr Reuben Abati. A great man any day any time. In the gloomy pictures of how pathetic our nation has evolved I still believe there is a ray of hope in not too far distance to evacuate us to the promise Land- just like the Israelis in the days of yore. Many a big man scholars of our era strongly posited that two or 3 generations behind had been a wasted ventures to quote the laureate prof. Wole Soyinka. In a 360 degree turn of twist I do strongly believe we can achieve positive energy both in development and lost ground coverage and a in so doing provide leadership to the common black race.
Re: The 109 Senators And The Mentorship Role by starstaz(m): 8:06am On Aug 08, 2019
Let me digress and stray away for a while. The Senegalese football experience has re inbuilt in me the cliche of Never give up. What do I mean, I shall explain with this illustrations. My forays in African football took a firm root in 1992: An afcon event entitled Dakar Ninety- two. The Senegalese national team emerge has a fringe teams in that tournament in my own reckoning. And it took the likes of Late Mercurial leadership of Steven keshi and Late dangling striker ( Black jewel in front of goals) Rashidi yekini aka "Yeking" to slay or slaughter the Senegalese team on their home soil without much sweat. My perception of Senegalese team did not captured their Swot statistics of 1990 event in Algiers. This is because I wasn't aware they participated and was only edged out in the semifinals by the eventual winners Algerian National teams. Had I knew before hand in 1992, my perception of them will have not been the same. Moving on...
Re: The 109 Senators And The Mentorship Role by starstaz(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2019
Moving on the Senegalese sojourn on miserably on African continent like an orphan and create a spectacular glimpse of what the future holds in stock for them in year 2000. The 2000 afcon was co hosted my Nigeria and Ghana - as an experimental process prelude similar gesture for global audience in Japan - Korean world cup to be held in 2002. It was a quarter final clash between the returning African football giant, Nigeria and the Senegalese. The first third of the match has produced a shocking goal to the visitor in the presence of FIFA president, caf president and the chief host Nigeria Vice president ( Josef Sepp Blatter,Issa Hayatou , Atiku Abubakar) in Lagos. The Senegalese were so beautiful and crafty and sordid in their approach and provided long moments of heart-ache and suffering to Nigerian football fans all over the world. The agony was so much that viewers can feel the heart beat of our players on the Television screen. In all honesty, Our come back had to be relied on a controversial setting goal process: that look dubiously manufactured both by the centred refree and the teeming home fans and football politics. If it were to be in this days of VAR, The day event will have been even more dramatic. This is not to take the shine and prowess away from the success- seeking goal poacher of that era:: The wonderful Julius Aghahowa who had earlier brace into the fray from his classical display at a world youth event hosted by Nigeria in 1999( Under twenty world cup). Mr Aghahowa produced a penalty at the 89 Minutes and also a dramatic winner two minutes later to shot out the emerging golden football national of Senegal . This match saw impending boycott, fan embarrassment and both Caf and FIFA fine for fan unruly, at the expense of Nigeria.
Re: The 109 Senators And The Mentorship Role by starstaz(m): 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
Never you underestimate your enemy or arch-rival. In year 2002, Afcon came again hosted in Bamako and there was a clash again between the Senegalese Lions and the Super Eagles of Nigeria. A semi final clash. The stakes were so high simply because there was a world cup tournament down the line in five to Six months later in the year. As a matter of facts the odds favoured the super eagles. The Senegalese have potentials but they were orphaned in football parlance, nobody cares about them , nobody gave them a fxck of cup. All football fans across the continents were painstakingly waiting for a repeat of afcon 2000 final between Nigeria and Cameroon. The only exception to this rule were those who had been closely monitoring both the developmental and the trajectories of Senegalese football rise. The great super eagles of that era that paraded African best like sad jay jay okocha, Papilo Kanu Nwankwo, Finidi George, Oliseh, Tijani Babangida, Ike Shorunmu and Pastor Taribo West and other co great Class of that era), were resoundingly beaten blue and black by the Triumphant Senegalese under the amiable leadership maestro of Young talented Hadji Diouf. That day in history was a disaster to the Nigeria football fraternities all over the world and friends of Nigeria football. It was a sort of Tsunami. It was an end to the golden parades of African stars from Nigerian football. The consequence of that loss leads to 1) the disbandment of the national teams
2) the sacking of the trio of keshi-Erico- Amodu
3) the death of the minister of sport in a plane crash however not exclusively related
4) the disarray of policies on national football and the beginning of the end of Nigeria football dominance for the next decade.

The sole winner here is the Senegalese football. The rise of another empire in African football.
Re: The 109 Senators And The Mentorship Role by starstaz(m): 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
The Flukes: The Senegalese took the world football by storm in 2002 when they disappointed FIFA by disgracing the defending champion on the opening day of 2002 world cup co hosted by Japan and south Korea. They prove again to the world their new fame and rising trajectory after all is not a fluke. They almost penetrated into the top four of the world cup that is the semi final if not for their inexperience. The consequence of the defeat suffered by France, who are the defending champion and also paraded the reigning world best player in Zinedine zidane leads to:
1) the disbandment of French national teams
2) the retirement of the great class of france 98 winning team: Zidane, Thiery, Blanc or blank . just to mention few casualties
3)Unconfirmed street riots in France
4)Not forgetting psychological trauma cum emotional trauma suffered by the french
Re: The 109 Senators And The Mentorship Role by starstaz(m): 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
From 2002 to 2019, it has been meteoric rise and glory for Senegalese football. A fringe team in the past albeit put their potential to test and are now commanding excellent reviews from football reporters all over the world. The Idiots Senegalese in football is now a damsel and a real giants on Africa football Scene. End!

Now that I have woken up: Back to my write up with our supposedly 109 idioits. The idiot is an idiomatic perception of our leadership across the world.
Re: The 109 Senators And The Mentorship Role by starstaz(m): 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
These109 idiots have failed their generation but can learn a lesson from the Senegalese football example by implementing a mentoring scheme to youth in the university with specialty in political science and giving them the necessary exposure to learn from them both their good and bad with a view of providing exposure to politicking at the highest level and with the hope of grooming our future leader under their tutelage. This feat can be achieved if every senator is mandated to pick 5 political science student in their state university and nurtured them for a year and who says we can't make it a yearly rituals, with a guarantee that those that will be picked will not be their children or turning it to another form of familial political dynasty.

The consequences of these move will be harvested in no distance future with plethora of politicians with cerebral acumen in policy derivation and implementation. Breeders who can now envisioned national goals and pride. New breeds who can now generate national ideologies and interest within interest of both African affairs and world relations. Breeders who are championing school of thoughts in a scientific and measured manners.
Re: The 109 Senators And The Mentorship Role by starstaz(m): 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
We would have turn around our messy state of affairs into a glorious one and we can now come up raise our heads and shoulder so high and claim our rightful place in the committee of nations as African giant, pace setters and the pride of the black world. Our idiocy would have turned to pride and can generates ideas that better our lifes and create policies that unite us and push us to see into futures not the one that will ruga us all into confusion and despair. I rest on the Breast for now.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Katsina For Sallah, Official Visit / 186 Doctors From Seven Countries Write Buhari Over El-zakzaky. See Lists / Why Nigerians Are Not Enjoying Stable Electricity – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.