Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. (3253 Views)

Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota / Which Car Should I Buy Between Highlander 2005 And Rx 330 2005 / Please Advice Needed On Getting A BMW E60 530i 2005 And A Toyota Camry 2009 Mode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by Smithwesson7: 11:08am On Aug 08, 2019
Yes both cars are Hondas and one is a compact sedan but i am torn between these two.
I know the civic has better fuel performance and a more recent model but it looked cramped( tight) and the body tends to age quickly ( my observation).
On the other hand, the accord seem more luxurious and better styled. I am just worried about the transmission -ish and the legs( though my review on users opinion on the edmund page no one mentioned legs as an issue).
Please i need help from users, experts and mechanic

It will be just for running around town in the southern part of the country. I rarely travel so long distance journey might be an occasional thing.
I appreciate kind response from everyone
Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by Smithwesson7: 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2019
Abeg permit me to call some people name that are generally mentioned here., dipoortivo, disloman. Luvinhubby. Nurey. Captain king. Obekefutodiamond(sorry if i got it wrong)
Abeg help a bro
Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by nurey(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
Smithwesson7:
Abeg permit me to call some people name that are generally mentioned here.,
Abeg help a bro

Both cars are reliable and readily available parts. though the Civic has higher ground clearance than the Accord. which ever you buy you are covered

2 Likes

Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by Smithwesson7: 9:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
nurey:

Both cars are reliable and readily available parts. though the Civic has higher ground clearance than the Accord. which ever you buy you are covered
Thanks boss. But what about the famed leg pull and transmission issue of the accord?
Which would you have preferred if u were in my shoes
Thanks for your time. I appreciate
Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by seanfer(m): 9:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
Smithwesson7:

Thanks boss. But what about the famed leg pull and transmission issue of the accord?

Go for the Civic. You won’t regret it.
Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by nurey(m): 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
Smithwesson7:

I would have prefer the 2002 to 05 Civic because

1. It is more fuel efficient than the Accord

2. Doesn't experience leg pull syndrome

3. can seat 3 at the back and still have a good ground clearance than the Accord with same load.

4. More recent means more parts both as brand-new or tokunbo readily available in Nigerian market.

5. more appealing in out Ward appearance in basic form, sports form or luxurious form (Acura EL)

6. Engine and gear is cheaper than the Accord V6 and close in 4cylinder ACCORD.

7. It doesn't deshape or rust if both vehicles were subjected to same condition Civic would come out tops than the Accord (baby boy)

8. Resale value the Civic still holds it better and would sell faster than the Accord due to Uber demand.

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by Smithwesson7: 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2019
nurey:

3. can seat 3 at the back and still have a good ground clearance than the Accord with same load.

4. More recent means more parts both as brand-new or tokunbo readily available in Nigerian market.

5. more appealing in out Ward appearance in basic form, sports form or luxurious form (Acura EL)

7. It doesn't deshape or rust if both vehicles were subjected to same condition Civic would come out tops than the Accord (baby boy)

8. Resale value the Civic still holds it better and would sell faster than the Accord due to Uber demand.

Wow. This is a beautiful case by case analysis. Thank you
Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by Smithwesson7: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
seanfer:

Go for the Civic. You won’t regret it.
OK.
Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by luvinhubby(m): 8:41am On Aug 09, 2019
Smithwesson7:
Abeg permit me to call some people name that are generally mentioned here., dipoortivo, disloman. Luvinhubby. Nurey. Captain king. Obekefutodiamond(sorry if i got it wrong)
Abeg help a bro

Go for the Civic, make sure it's not the grossly abused one.

1 Like

Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by sketcherJ(m): 4:33pm On May 13, 2022
nurey:

Hi bro were you supporting civic or accord here
Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by sketcherJ(m): 4:33pm On May 13, 2022
Smithwesson7:

Wow. This is a beautiful case by case analysis. Thank you
so what did you go for?
Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by nurey(m): 6:13pm On May 13, 2022
sketcherJ:

I was supporting the 2005 civic over the 2002 accord (baby boy)
Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by skywalker240(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2022
Na civic na, i 2 lak dat moto aswear

2019 thread sef undecided
Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by fineboynl(m): 3:12pm On May 15, 2022
The 2005 Cuvic Is different from 2006 model. From 2006 to 2012 is another generation and more flashing.

Is the 2006 to 2012 better and reliable like the 2002-2005?
Re: Please Kindly Suggest: Between A Honda Civic 2005 And A Honda Accord 2002. by Iamfavored: 8:52am On May 23, 2022
sketcherJ:

Civic

(1) (Reply)

MTN Car Tracking Installation Process .help. / My Honda/steering Vibrates From 100kmph / Coolant Reservoir Overflows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.