Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days (19933 Views)

JUST-IN: FG Grants DSS Permission To Search Young Nigerians Phones / Court Grants DSS Order to Remand Nnamdi Kanu Till July 26 / Judge Denies Fg’s Request To Detain Sowore For 90 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by ednut1(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
Enjoy till 2023. Mr fake activist .
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by CarGuideNG: 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by candidbabe(f): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
H
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ogagist3:
Victor Ogunyinka The Federal High Court in Abuja High has granted the Department State Service, DSS, permission to detain publisher of Sahara Reporters, Omoyele Sowore, for 45 days.

Sowore The DSS had filed a motion to the court to detain the convener of the proposed #RevolutionNow protest for 90 days, but the court only granted 45 days.

Recall that Sowore was whisked away by members of the DSS at his resident over the weekend for what it termed ‘treasonable’ statement, for describing the proposed protest as a revolution.

Mixed reactions have trailed his arrest and that of several other demonstrators.

Source; https://maniagist.com/2019/08/08/the-federal-high-court-grants-dss-permission-to-detain-sowore-for-45-days/
Good! God bless Nigeria. When you run for Presidential Election and lost next thing is to go and qeue Not calling for Revolution
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by docadams: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
If Sowore could be treated like this I fear for the fate of his co-conspirators.
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by magicminister: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
Gbengaolowe32:
Good Good Good! God bless Nigeria. When you run for Presidential Election and lost next thing is to go and qeue Not calling for Revolution

Like I’d say, when you fight for your people, use one hand so that you can use the other hand to fight off your people cos they’ll fight you for fighting for them.

The relentless protest of the Shiites just got el Zakzaky out of jail. The govenmebt becomes afraid when they see the people are not afraid anymore.

5 Likes

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by ElsonMorali: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
Nothing must happen to that guy in your custody o ti e ba fe ru'gi oyin. sad

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by candidbabe(f): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
Nigeria is truly a zoo republic

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
Well, revolution always start with one persin.This people that think they are powerful because they are in government have forgotten that the same masses they are always against are the back bone of any governmemt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by 9jagobetta: 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
Pere?
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by Lagbaja01(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2019
So Tuface would have faced this kind treatment back then.....he who run from a fight truly stands the chance to fight another day grin
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2019
Gbengaolowe32:

Good! God bless Nigeria. When you run for Presidential Election and lost next thing is to go and qeue Not calling for Revolution

h
He was as well part if those who were clamouring for democracy 99, sowore is not a child when it comes to some things.

Always on that revolution always start with just a person..The government should thread carefully.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by ElsonMorali: 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2019
realestniggah:
In times like this you truly believe there is no hope for Nigeria

The only reason why I know in my heart that Nigeria can never be well are the comments here

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by foolbuster: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
Na inside DSS cell Sowore will grow old

Zombie
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2019
I see
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by foolbuster: 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2019
Lagbaja01:
So Tuface would have faced this kind treatment back then.....he who run from a fight truly stands the chance to fight another day grin
Coward

1 Like

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by dotunbidemi: 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2019
Simplyleo:
Infact, that 45 days is just the beginning. He must grow sense by force. Revolution ko rotation ni undecided

Sowore should start consulting his doctor for advice on which sickness to present, if not, I'm not seeing sowore out of detention in 2 yrs time. angry

Lamidi cownu and elzakzaki applied it and it worked for them.

Online noise-making urchins & piglets can't do nadda and their lame media supports have never yielded any useful results. Athifku can explain better. cheesy
#revolutionnow

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by wirinet(m): 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2019
Gbengaolowe32:

I wish sowore is in Russia. I trust Putin, he will not even bother with court process. polonium-210 or Novichok things.

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by Haywize93(m): 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
nah wa for dis naija ooo
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by ChrisLegacy007: 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
a country such as the one we find ourselves have no future..
#no more freedom of speech
#no more freedom of opinion
why should he be detained for a mere peaceful revolutionary protest? was he caught with arms?

again i weep for the future of Nigeria�

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by Gandollaar(f): 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
Simplyleo:
Infact, that 45 days is just the beginning. He must grow sense by force. Revolution ko rotation ni undecided

Sowore should start consulting his doctor for advice on which sickness to present, if not, I'm not seeing sowore out of detention in 2 yrs time. angry

Lamidi cownu and elzakzaki applied it and it worked for them.

Online noise-making urchins & piglets can't do nadda and their lame media supports have never yielded any useful results. Athifku can explain better. cheesy
Like the dullard like his online miscreants. Nigeria is fast becoming a pariah State under the clueless leadership of buhari.

Fulani herdsmen are running riot all over the country leaving sorrow tears and blood in their tracks. Not a single arrest but rather buhari wants to forcefully take our lands to firmly entrench them.
Let him build more prisons because more are coming.

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by wirinet(m): 2:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
dotunbidemi:
I use to be a Buhari supporter until seeing your comments today so you will rather watch the country burn because of your foolishness, May all your Family Members die in the hand of Herdsmen and Bokoharam #revolutionnow
Then why not protest against Herdsmen and Bokoharam as Obi Ezekwesili protested against Jonathan's handling of Chibok girls? Why is he advocating for illegal change of government?
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by namio10: 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
What did Sowore do wrong?

Northern leaders have for years taken imprisonment of southern activists as a passion, instead of restructuring the evil political structure and political process with constitution - all created by northern soldiers.
ENOUGH!!!

This man below, thank you for bringing out further the impossibility of continuation of one Nigeria .

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
[quote author=sorom4 post=81063478]Someone who sang "chop my money" in 2012 is singing "Reason With Me" in 2019.
#Buhari why?

One court of Law refused that DSS should detain him for 3 days or so; and another court of Law agreed for 45 days. How and where did we get it wrong? [/quote
Nigeria judiciary !!!
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
One Nigeria
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by mraustin11: 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2019
It Available , just DM or WhatsApp
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by nextstep(m): 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2019
Beans and water. Water and beans. Makes a man healthier, wiser, and lean.

namio10:
What did Sowore do wrong?
Northern leaders have for years taken imprisonment of southern activists as a passion, instead of restructuring the evil political structure and political process with constitution - all created by northern soldiers.
ENOUGH!!!

This man below, thank you for bringing out further the impossibility of continuation of one Nigeria .

Nah mate, the people who voted for him (including Sowore in 2015) against better judgement and past examples, are responsible. We need more people thrown in jail for talking poo about revolution or some such.

This is a good lesson for us all, so maybe then they will get sense in choosing real leaders in the future. GEJ and Atiku have their faults, so I'm hoping youths will vote for third party candidates next time, instead of the same mishmash of failures.
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by awa(m): 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
I love this so so much...When Goodluck told Nigerians about the choice we were making some people called him all sort of names.
Eventually we are there now....Welcome Sowere

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by ty4real123: 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
He wants to become a hero, u will rot in jail, useless guy.
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by Lovelive: 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
May dem keep B.H for the 1 week na. Or the F.H for 1 month.

Useless people
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by orisa37: 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
For 45 days, Buhari can eat his Cow, sit down jeje and pick his teeth.
Re: Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days by Gandollaar(f): 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
ty4real123:
He wants to become a hero, u will rot in jail, useless guy.
He's not like the rest of us here paper tigers. He's used to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Approves Drones For Border Monitoring / Electricity: National Grid Restored; Minister Of Power Abubakar Aliyu / Bishop Kukah Reacts To Femi Adesina's Comment On His Criticism Of The Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.