Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,347 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment (9094 Views)

How Nigerian Banks Helped Maina To Steal Pensioner's ₦2 Billion / Ebele Obiano N1m Gucci Eyeglasses Got People Talking (Photos) / "Akpabio Is A Political Pensioner" - Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by dre11(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
by SHITTU SHOLA

The chairman of Nigeria Union of Pensioners, Bauchi State chapter, Habu Gar, has advised Bauchi state government to monitor strictly, the ongoing payment of gratuities of retirees, just as he said a retiree was overpaid by 500 percent.

The chairman told the News Agency of Nigeria in Bauchi on Wednesday that the pensioner was entitled to N200,000 as balance of payment of his gratuity, but was issued a cheque of N1.2m.

“On Tuesday, I happened to be at the payment center of state pension; I discovered that a retiree was issued a cheque of N1.2 million, as against N200,000 he is entitled to.

“When the affected retiree went to a bank to cash the cheque, he was paid N1.2 million, and being sincere, he quickly returned N1 million to the government.

“This retiree, I personally paid him N1 million out of his N1.2 million in January, when former governor Muhammed Abubakar released N2 billion to pay part of the debt,” he said.

Mr Gar said that but for the honesty of the retiree involved, N1million would not have been accounted for after the exercise.

He therefore urged the state government to put in place, mechanisms that would ensure that no fraudulent acts took place during the exercise.

Commenting on the issue, Special Adviser to the governor on Civil Service Matter, Abdon Dall-Gin, said the overpayment of the retiree was not a deliberate act.

Mr Dall-Gin explained that it might be a human error on the part of the committee due to the short time given to it to prepare for the exercise.

“It was just over the weekend that the Head of Service directed the committee to work round the clock to produce the list for the commencement of the exercise.

“I think they just rushed over it and so this is human error; we will want to rule out the issue of fraud as it is just a human error.

“I do not want to believe that there was a foul play, but we will investigate and see,” he insisted.

NAN

https://dailynigerian.com/bauchi-pensioner-returns-n1m-over-payment/
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by Simplyleo: 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2019
Cool cool

The only snag here is that the 1m is not going back to the states treasury. It is going straight into the "other account". angry

With this in mind, I think the pensioner is actually wrong. undecided

Though, this might as well be a deliberate mistake from the pension board, if you know what I mean. wink

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by kally32(m): 1:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
nice one
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by TheAngry1: 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by philip0906(m): 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
Simplyleo:
Cool cool

The only snag here is that the 1m is not going back to the states treasury. It is going straight into the "other account". angry

When you do good, you do good...When you do the right thing, you do the right thing

You don't do good or do the right thing with any clauses attached.

7 Likes

Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by Ekakamba: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
He was over-joy. grin tongue
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by TheAngry1: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
Simplyleo:
Cool cool

Right is right.
Wrong is wrong.
It doesn't matter the context.

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
Goof for him
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by Adebambo966g: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
cool
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
God, Abeg pick up my call

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by Abikeade9967: 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
Na so
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by superlanny(m): 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
kiss

Lalasticlala come and see o, in this day and age where integrity and honesty is scarce, i doubt if an average imam, pastor or rev father will do likewise, everybody eyes dey schuk.
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by ibkgab001: 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
Faithful stewards
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by anonyxx40079: 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by uuzba(m): 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
Computer don dey crash be that.
Their accounting software is miscalculating and issuing out wrong figures.
The next stage after this month is zero payment.
The same man will run back to the bank again to speak another English.
They won't write that one on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by cooleo(m): 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2019
Suffer no de taya this one?

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by cedar3: 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2019
Am a realist.

I won't return the money if it were me.

Some good things are not 'good'.

Argue with your dead phone.

7 Likes

Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by Getintouch2004(m): 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
I'll also let the money be in my account for six months. If its still there after those month of grace, then its mine. National Cake things

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by kayusely70(m): 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ogun state government should pay the outstanding gratuities of pensioners since 2012 which former governor amosun didnt pay.
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by Timagex(m): 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
cooleo:
Suffer no de taya this one?
e no dey taya dem o.. cool
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by Jabioro: 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
Deal gone wrong
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by Legendguru: 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
It pays to be honest. The reward might not be immediate but you would surely reap it later on

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
sincere people are so many in the north

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by Jellyberry(m): 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
simply integrity ,honesty and dignity value
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by verifiablefacts: 7:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
UDOKABESTLUV:
God, Abeg pick up my call
you don dial am?
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
verifiablefacts:

you don dial am?
Bro, I'm A Professional Blogger ooooo
Re: Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment by verifiablefacts: 7:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
UDOKABESTLUV:
Bro, I'm A Professional Blogger ooooo
so?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo INEC Fire: 5,000 Smart Card Readers Destroyed / Available Power Generation Capacity Plunges By 3,000MW To 6,000MW – Gencos / Zamfara, Benue, 7 States, FCT Failed To Generate Revenue From LGAs In 2022 -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.