Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources (22358 Views)

Top Politicians' Names In A Shrine In Zamfara Discovered By Police / Shallow Grave Where General Alkali Was Buried Discovered By Army (Photos) / Mohammed Indimi's Oriental Energy Named In UK Criminal Conviction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by googlelove: 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
gurujoe:
Any development from oil exploration in sambinsa forest by bubu

Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
Blue3k:

Source: https://nairametrics.com/2019/08/04/firm-discovers-new-oil-well-in-akwa-ibom/

L
Without stress oil discovered in South south without wasting money from NNPC. But the oligarch will always budget for drilling of non existent oil in the NE
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by Okoroawusa: 10:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
Dasuks:

EXACTLY !

Funny thing is that Indimi the owner of Oriental is from Borno.
Even he wouldn't spend his time or funds prospecting there. Why dont they, the northerners themselves, bid for inland basin blocks?

But if na Niger Delta Delta or offshore niger delta basin they will boku. How many ppl would rationally chose inland or dahomey basin over the delta ?

If these questions have a sglaring anseer then why is Buhari still wasting funds that would other wise be used for productive activities lol... Ali sheriff develops blocks in that area but on the Chad side. Why him no invest for Borno Self deceit everywhere.
NNPC has been looking for oil in the Chad Basin since 1978.

I know u r too young to know. On 14th of March 83(Shagari government),Chad seized 19 Nigerian islands that were presumed to be oil rich.Buhari was the GOC 3rd Armoured Division,Jos then.He fought n forced the Chadians back to their country across the border.

Buhari was not Nigeria's president when the decision to explore for oil in the Chad Basin was taken but since NNPC was created every Head of State n President has continued in that tradition even ur dear GEJ.

Taaa! Koro nya nya mpu si ebea pua!
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by alphaNomega: 10:38pm On Aug 08, 2019
Okoroawusa:

I know u r too young to know. On 14th of March 83(Shagari government),Chad seized 19 Nigerian islands that were presumed to be oil rich.Buhari was the GOC 3rd Armoured Division,Jos then.He fought n forced the Chadians back to their country across the border.

Buhari was not Nigeria's president when the decision to explore for oil in the Chad Basin was taken but since NNPC was created every Head of State n President has continued in that tradition even ur dear GEJ.

There are reports that state even if crude oil is discovered in Chad basin, it would not be in commercial quantities.
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by dboss12(m): 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
boys dey hungry for streets, Akwa oil ke dei, nakparawa mfo duka ndukadede.
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by Okoroawusa: 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
alphaNomega:

There are reports that state even if crude oil is discovered in Chad basin, it would not be in commercial quantities.
I don't know about that but what am trying to say by relating to that past event is that ignorance n hate r cankerworms that can eat up a person's consciousness.
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by WeRblessed(f): 11:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
PennywysCares:
Akwa Ibom isongooo

Akwa Ibom have been recognized as the highest oil and gas producing state in the Nigerian federation

Meanwhile, I have a sister who is a graduate of petroleum engineering with upper credit from the University of Port Harcourt. She graduated since 2015 till now no job for her, she is very intelligent lady. Please anyone with employment opportunity should alert me.

Intelligence will not get her a job. She needs experience in different fields.

1 Like

Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Lol there has been exploration in Niger, Sokoto etc. Chad basin exploration has gulped significantly larger amounts in explorarion over the past few years. It's gone past pet project status to a grossly uneconomical venture. A pivot to expanding the balance sheet with reserves.

And even more so why spend 40 years with no results but still spend another 300 mill USD. What corporate board would approve such a strategy ?

Like I said how many of them go for those basins. When it is their personal resources and business future on the line ? U understand ppl more when their personal interest is at stake. When sentiment is numbed for reason.
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by tempest01(m): 4:32am On Aug 09, 2019
Incompetence on the topic heading.

Discovers new oil reservoir not oil well.

You drill oil wells to get to the oil in the reservoir.
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by Maziyk: 7:28am On Aug 09, 2019
No live was lose no one was taken hostage and Jo one us killed but Jubril spent billions of dollars with lives of the zoo citizens in borno without finding even a gallon of oil,cursed nation aka zoological republic of nizooooria
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by Offpoint: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2019
PennywysCares:
Akwa Ibom isongooo

Akwa Ibom have been recognized as the highest oil and gas producing state in the Nigerian federation

Meanwhile, I have a sister who is a graduate of petroleum engineering with upper credit from the University of Port Harcourt. She graduated since 2015 till now no job for her, she is very intelligent lady. Please anyone with employment opportunity should alert me.
If she'll marry me I'll hook up with of oil company CEO.
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by Offpoint: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2019
Iamgrey5:
What is the estimated reserve
1 think our current estimated reserve is 30 billion plus
At 2 to 3 million barrels per day should be exhausted in 50 years
Oil no dey finish brogrin
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by akee01(m): 8:37am On Aug 09, 2019
Okun o Egbon
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by akee01(m): 8:40am On Aug 09, 2019
MrImole:
Owo deeeeeee
okun o Egbon

1 Like

Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 09, 2019
Wowww
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by TheAlchemist: 10:32am On Aug 09, 2019
Blue3k:

This is the second discovery I've read about this year in the state. The other one was on shore. More jobs and revenue for state in the future.

More laziness and dearth of creativity in the future
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by DateMynd44(m): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2019
megareal:

Sincerely, I don't like bearded guys. No matter how well groomed, they always look rough to me. tongue
okay so how far our land don get oil na, wetin Udom dey do with our oil money?
Make we organise revolution and start matching to Government house
Re: New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources by megareal: 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
DateMynd44:
okay so how far our land don get oil na, wetin Udom dey do with our oil money?
Make we organise revolution and start matching to Government house
OYO is your case on the revolution lol. Udom dey raise cattle na. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Feeds Igboho’s Aides With ‘Engine Oil’ Soup – Pelumi Olajengbesi, Lawyer / Osinbajo Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting / Only Five States Can Build Over 100 Km Of Electricity Transmission Lines - EMRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.