Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,329 members, 7,954,334 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:53 PM

U.k Advice Urgent - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.k Advice Urgent (889 Views)

U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent / U.k Embassy Contact. / Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.k Advice Urgent by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
pls need ur advice am a govt work and earn around 80k and have like 2 million to either invest in the completion of my building which will generate like 300 k per annum but i have gotten an admission for msc computer sci via a pg cert from the university of wolverhampton d programe is design aevwith a practical in any computer related industry totalling 2.5 year i can also apply for study leave and i applied for visa in 2007 but was refuse because my date of birth on my passport and waec differ i corrected the passport and appeal and still lost .guy is there job propect for msc computersci graduate in d u.k need you advice before i plunder my 2 million and bank loan am about to take or just finish my house and collect my 600 k rent
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by UKman37(m): 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2010
I strongly advise you to remain in Nigeria for the time being, there are going to be huge job losses here and the biggest hit will be IT as a lot of the work goes to India.

Secondly University fees are going to increase largely in the UK after a decision not to cap the fees

I hope this helps
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by funkybaby(f): 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
finish your house and start collecting your house rent.

after that, if another financial door opens for you, you can decide to go ahead with your masters degree.
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by collinsfbi(m): 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
I strongly advise you to remain in Nigeria for the time being, there are going to be huge job losses here and the biggest hit will be IT as a lot of the work goes to India.

Secondly University fees are going to increase largely in the UK after a decision not to cap the fees

I hope this helps

after that, if another financial door opens for you, you can decide to go ahead with your masters degree.
Best advice you could get anywhere from reasonable beings.
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by travelcare: 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2010
You've already said it all. maybe you did the right feasibility study and the options were well weighed. Dont waste your money traveling, you have a reasonable amount of money to start something and continue working. 80k in govt work is a big earning. Keep your job, invest your money wisely and forget about traveling for study for now. You can always travel for pleasure. Goodluck!
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by notjustok: 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2010
I hope he listens cause u knw say we dey always like to learn from experience, even if u wanna run no be UK ok

funkybaby:

make so much sense but i rather he applies to the US instead
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by funkybaby(f): 8:48pm On Oct 19, 2010
notjustok:

make so much sense but i rather he applies to the US instead

true.

US might be an option if he can afford it.
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by collinsfbi(m): 9:25am On Oct 20, 2010
US might be an option if he can afford it.
U.S or Canada if you have their requirements
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2010
thanks guy will just remain here in nijia was just curious of this jand stuff over the years and all the swagger in i.t firms in jand ,the street,and d career but am staying in nijia thank for ur advice
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by gestapo(f): 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2010
Spin them (the uni) some story that something urgent came up and formally write to them for permission to defer your entry by a year or tw, to buy time to make up your mind cool

As for coming to UK to study IT for your postgraduate, which swag are you talking about, the IT hype died about 8 years ago alongside with those Oracle DBA courses, so abeg bone that side if you don't have an IT related first degree, even then sef, years of hands on experience counts more than degree with IT,than professional qualifications cool cool
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by justwise(m): 12:12am On Oct 21, 2010
gestapo:

Spin them (the uni) some story that something urgent came up and formally write to them for permission to defer your entry by a year or tw, to buy time to make up your mind cool

As for coming to UK to study IT for your postgraduate, which swag are you talking about, the IT hype died about 8 years ago alongside with those Oracle DBA courses, so abeg bone that side[b] if you don't have an IT related first degree[/b], even then sef, years of hands on experience counts more than degree with IT,than professional qualifications cool cool

Are you sure about that?
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by waslag: 9:59am On Oct 21, 2010
hey i we advice you to still stay in Nigeria because UK is about to council the post study work now that mean anybody if have finished his/her study in UK we no more eligible for work permit. i live in LONDON I KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO WORK FOR THEIR CITIZEN TO OF OUTSIDER
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by justwise(m): 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2010
waslag:

hey i we advice you to still stay in Nigeria[b] because UK is about to council the post study work n[/b]ow that mean anybody if have finished his/her study in UK we no more eligible for work permit. i live in LONDON I KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO WORK FOR THEIR CITIZEN TO OF OUTSIDER

Source?
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by funkybaby(f): 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2010
waslag:

hey i we advice you to still stay in Nigeria because UK is about to council the post study work now that mean anybody if have finished his/her study in UK we no more eligible for work permit. i live in LONDON I KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO WORK FOR THEIR CITIZEN TO OF OUTSIDER

dunce !!
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 21, 2010
actually my first degree is in chemistry and i develop interest in the i.t stuff may somebody that has expirence with an msc computer sci from the university of wolverhampton will inform us of the prospect and the career path job prospect(30000 pounds)salary and life generally after graduation cos out of my 10 ptdf scholar friends only one secure a job with cisco after school
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by gestapo(f): 4:15am On Oct 22, 2010
Alikote:

actually my first degree is in chemistry and i develop interest in the i.t stuff may somebody that has expirence with an msc computer sci from the university of wolverhampton will inform us of the prospect and the career path job prospect(30000 pounds)salary and life generally after graduation cos out of my 10 ptdf scholar friends only one secure a job with cisco after school

Why don't you google websites like prospects, etc, to find out if this £30k claims are true

justwise:

Are you sure about?

You wanna counter the argument/statement, the floor's open, feel free to spill undecided undecided
Re: U.k Advice Urgent by justwise(m): 7:11am On Oct 22, 2010
gestapo:

Why don't you google websites like prospects, etc, to find out if this £30k claims are true

You wanna counter the argument/statement, the floor's open, feel free to spill undecided undecided

In some MSC IT courses u don't need to have IT related 1st degree to be accepted.

(1) (Reply)

Teir 2 Dependant Visa / Studying, Immigrating And Visiting Canada / Study Cheap In Europe:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.