Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,278 members, 7,826,081 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC (25185 Views)

See The Corpses Of Alex Badeh And His Driver (graphic Photos) / Nigerians React To The Assassination Of Alex Badeh / Alex Badeh's Assassination: Airforce Releases Statement On Death Of Ex Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by vc6hg: 7:23am On Aug 09, 2019
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by sandland: 7:23am On Aug 09, 2019
Yes you see how some people, you understand why corruption is endemic in our society.
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by Galaxydon1(m): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2019
Jamesbally:
President Buhari is working. We Igbo's are highly pleased with the policies of this Government.

Mr President, we Igbo's Celebrate you today. grin
idiotu, amu ewu.
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by aroundtheworld(f): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2019
Hmmm hmmm
Wonder shall never end
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by throwaway: 7:25am On Aug 09, 2019
[s]
Kingosytex:

Magu's EFCC though has it flaws but I must confess that it is the most functional part of APC.
[/s]
The EFCC deserve no praise whatsoever; until they convict the likes of Tinubu. Common Alison Madueke dey can't put behind bars.... how long is it gonna take? All they do is ruffle the feathers f those the government is at displeasure with and recover the loot of dead men.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by frozen70(f): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2019
edo3:
So sad d man is dead and buried,, if not magu wouldn't av tried that.. Now I believe the yoruba adage that says "eniku ni tie gbe"

Even if he is alive, that's efcc for you, he is not the only one thsu have done that to

Most of those buildings are built with government money and they have decided to return it back to government

The issue now will be how to maintain it
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by Akinleris(m): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2019
That's good
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by sandland: 7:26am On Aug 09, 2019
Any action against corruption is witch-hunt. And yet we know that we are truly corrupt.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by Mcreloaded(m): 7:30am On Aug 09, 2019
Opened a similar thread before it was closed and now the same thread appears here.

Can someone please tell me why.

Note this is not the first time my thread is closed and immediately reopened.

Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by Wettoid123: 7:31am On Aug 09, 2019
Who is not corrupt in this country am still searching.....
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:34am On Aug 09, 2019
Alex Badeh, the sacrificial lamb undecided
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by Awaja(m): 7:42am On Aug 09, 2019
Weather sectional or comprehensive,if ICPC can join EFCC in terms of been actively involved in the anti corruption crusade,then we would’ve been a bit relieved of this menace.
Kudos to magu & EFCC.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by Luckybelt: 7:45am On Aug 09, 2019
edo3:
So sad d man is dead and buried,, if not magu wouldn't av tried that.. Now I believe the yoruba adage that says "eniku ni tie gbe"
Who said? The house in wuse was given VoN right before Bade s nose. It’s beside my office. Efcc also gave my office a building yet the corrupt man who had it is still alive.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by seanjy4konji: 7:52am On Aug 09, 2019
so efcc as a body now can determine who he wants to give stolen moneysmall small they have started giving it to thier families in power also...

we kukuma no see account...na paper we see.d account he deh we no know.
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by ibkgab001: 8:01am On Aug 09, 2019
All the seized laptops from yahoo boys should be used as a computer laboratory equipment in any of the government institution

But they should first clear the devil spirit on those lapi
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by dikeke: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2019
Very correct
ClassicMG:
I think this directive should come from the office of the president since the property was forfeited to federal government, I don't like the idea of efcc spending what he recovered from looters
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by wink2015(m): 8:09am On Aug 09, 2019
mmb:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Thursday handed over a 13-bedroom, one-storey building and a basement, forfeited by the late Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh, to the management of North East Development Commission in Abuja.

The property was forfeited on the order of the court, following prosecution of the late Badeh for money laundering and corruption by the EFCC.

The mansion located at No. 6, Ogun River Street, Maitama, Abuja, was handed over to NEDC management by the EFCC Director of Operations, Muhammed Umar, who represented the acting Chairman of the Commission, Ibrahim Magu.

The EFCC had last month donated a building in Wuse, Abuja, seized from the late former CDS to the Voice of Nigeria as its corporate headquarters.

Magu in his remarks, congratulated NEDC staff and management over the structure, urging them to maximize the usage for the benefit of the NEDC and the country.

“I wish to congratulate the management and staff of the NEDC on taking ownership of this beautiful edifice. I equally want to implore the Commission to put the property into maximum use for the benefit of the staff of the Commission and the country at large,” Magu stated.

The acting EFCC spokesman, Tony Orilade, said in a statement that Magu explained that the Commission was unwaveringly committed to its mandate of riding the country of corruption through diligent investigation and prosecution.

He stated that the agency would not rest on its oars in tracing and recovering all looted funds and property procured with proceeds of crime.

Responding, the NEDC Chairman, Maj. Gen. Paul Tarfa, (retd.), appreciated the gesture and promised to cooperate with the EFCC and the Federal Government in the fight against corruption.

“We are grateful to the Federal Government and EFCC for allowing us to use this place permanently as office here in Abuja. We appreciate this gesture, because we understand that ministries and other departments and agencies have been trying to get this place but because of the importance government attaches to NEDC, we are glad that we have been considered for this,” he said.

https://punchng.com/efcc-hands-over-another-badehs-forfeited-mansion-to-nedc/

WHY NORTH EAST DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION.

If the property was built in Lagos Nko !
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by agabusta: 8:09am On Aug 09, 2019
anyimontana:
Why dint they demolish it..lol

Abi was he not a criminal?

Demolish it the same way u demolish kidnappers den na

Why? when it can be put to use.
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by CodeTemplar: 8:17am On Aug 09, 2019
Let same pattern be repeated for core-northerner. I doubt it would have happened exactly like this if Boko-Haram didn't turn on muslims and began killing them around 2014.
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by Moventist: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2019
EFFC are only fighting Christians, former Plateau state governor , Joshua Dariyeand his Taraba counterpart Jolly Nyame have been convicted serving in Prison while Danjuma goje of Gombe has been freed from all allegations .
All the convictions so far are 99.9% Christians . Don't border adding Dasuki, it was a long time riff between Buhari and him
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by agabusta: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2019
ClassicMG:
I think this directive should come from the office of the president since the property was forfeited to federal government, I don't like the idea of efcc spending what he recovered from looters

They must have gotten approval from the presidency. EFCC cannot be dashing out confiscated property by fiat.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by COMPAQ(m): 8:22am On Aug 09, 2019
Don't be surprised that after a while the head of the NEDC will convert it to his official residence.
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by Femeto: 8:35am On Aug 09, 2019
EFFC too na thief. We need another body to checkmate their actions. They apply politics in their operations.
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by DJInfluence: 8:50am On Aug 09, 2019
At the end of the day, they will sell that house at a give away price to someone that knows someone that knows someone. Just like dem do NEPA.

How many people remember the part of Abacha loot that were recovered and sent back to Nigeria... Where is it today?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by AngelicBeing: 8:50am On Aug 09, 2019
ornicus:
May Badeh burn in hell. That building should be used as a hostel for idps or a barracks for the families of fallen soldiers. That is literally a blood money building.
l concur
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by redbottles(m): 8:54am On Aug 09, 2019
Free unlimited Neflix account available. Watch your latest 2019 movies and TV series all for free and unlimited downloads. If interested Check my signature for contact.
Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by 1759ademola(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2019
A working EFCC and Tax is enough to discourage those slowpoke from stealing our money.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by 1759ademola(m): 9:03am On Aug 09, 2019
Femeto:
EFFC too na thief. We need another body to checkmate their actions. They apply politics in their operations.
Call it witchunt or whatever. We are only concerned about the output.
What is a five-man family doing with a 13 bedroom duplex.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by shogsman(m): 9:08am On Aug 09, 2019
Mcreloaded:
Opened a similar thread before it was closed and now the same thread appears here.

Can someone please tell me why.

Note this is not the first time my thread is closed and immediately reopened.

Corruption

1 Like

Re: EFCC Hands Over Badeh’s Forfeited Mansion To NEDC by Born2Breed(f): 9:11am On Aug 09, 2019
Looking forward to those mansions they will seize from burukutu sorry burutai.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo APC Passes A Vote Of No Confidence On Oshiomhole / 2023: Dino Melaye Dumps Saraki For Atiku, Gives Reason / Lagos Commences Distribution Of Palliatives To Citizens

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.