Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo (25644 Views)

Beninese Cook Wanted For Stealing $10,000, Jewellery In Lagos; ₦2M Bounty / Police Arrest Cultists During Meeting In Abuja (Photo) / Beninese Robbers Who Stripped Lagosian Unclad After Stealing His Prado, Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by loomer: 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2019
Roon9:

As far as the police sees money they don't want to know the source. Have seen yahoo boys using police to arrest their own guys onto pick up matters

And them dey expect the country to good

1 Like

Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by penjm: 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2019
This is not stealing, it is pure business because na tiv do tiv.
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by obembet(f): 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2019
Tell me why someone will keep almost 8million at home
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by Flier: 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2019
phardhar:
How can someone keep such huge amount of money in the house?
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by Lilkelly(m): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2019
soberdrunk:
See idiots, you stole a whole 7.9m and the first thing that came to your mind is electronics... angry

I swear de quy mumu die...
To slap am de hunqry me
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by seanjy4konji: 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2019
i don relocate with that money shartp..get residency for a country thats safe,rent an apartment for 1 year and start full time hustling...

1 Like

Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by Lilkelly(m): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2019
noble71:
shocked the cook and the Politician are all thieves. Money laundering policy says No one should hold more than $5000 in cash. So EFCC should also arrest the Politician for Money Laundry.

yu min in Nigeria...
I laff yu
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by tunary(m): 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2019
soberdrunk:
See idiots, you stole a whole 7.9m and the first thing that came to your mind is electronics... angry
Imagine this. That is why some people truly deserve to suffer because they don't even know what they want
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2019
The only issue I have with news is that he is a benenese and not a Nigerian..
politicians stealing from us since 1960 and only 22,000k taken from him, we no hear word again.. rubbish
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by nnol(m): 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
donbachi:
As him buy d goat..na so him take sell d goat.
i guess u got this from man must wak lyrics by Parley Brown.
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by colestephan86: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2019
GistMore2:
A Beninese cook identified as Samuel Tchiki has been arrested alongside his compatriots for stealing a politician's $22,000 in Abuja.

The suspects stole the safe the money was in, vandalised it before embarking on a shopping spree with the money. Other suspects arrested for the theft include Francis Kpohouede, George Akinto, Donald Tokpe, Honore Tokpe and Emmanuel Savi and the police only recovered $13,000 from them as they reportedly bought television sets, sound systems, generators and other domestic appliances with stolen money.

Tchiki has been living in Nigeria since 2008 and reportedly moved to Abuja because of poor salary after working in a hotel in Cross River State.

“When my boss, Casmir Anyanwu, travelled, I got my friends to carry the safe from his room and we took it to Mpape, where we opened it. We found $22,000, which we shared. I gave my brother $600. I spent my share on clothes and home appliances. I don’t know what got into me; I can’t say why I stole the money,” Tchiki told Punch.

FCT's Commissioner of Police Bala Ciroma, advised Nigerians to carry out background checks on domestic workers before employing them as he paraded the suspects who have all confessed to the crime.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/beninese-cook-arrested-for-stealing-politicians-22000-n7-9m-in-abuja
If a thief steals what you stole from you, it shouldn't be regarded as stealing in respect to you.
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by okeniti: 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2019
Fools, $22,000 and you think of clothes and electronics first. Even gave his brother $600. These guys could steal $20billion dollars and still die poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by kruzyempire(m): 2:59pm On Aug 09, 2019
Finally someone one said what I wanted to ask
adedayourt:
What is a man doing with such amount in the house
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by semyman: 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2019
Béninoise

WAEC why?
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by nextstep(m): 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2019
The only issue is those guys don't have friends in powerful places to protect them. The politician does, so ...
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by Okoroawusa: 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2019
This one go rot for Nigerian prison
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by martineverest(m): 6:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
Cadec007:
Good for him.... There are thousands of unemployed Nigerian cooks but he decided to trust a foreigner..... He's lucky he wasn't poisoned...
are Nigerians better?
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by naijajobx: 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by MY20thBILLION: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2019
It happened near my house at NASS Qtrs Apo.
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by kayalla(f): 8:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
these ones brain dey empty, u tif dat kni money come dey go shopping. Africa never tire dem

NDI APARI
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by azpekuliar: 6:02am On Aug 10, 2019
thesicilian:
It is unnatural for a goat to see a tuber of yam and not eat it, so the best way to protect your yam is to prevent the goat from ever having access to it.

..from Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s the Goat and the Yam Theory. cheesy
Re: Beninese Cook Arrested For Stealing Politician’s $22,000 (N7.9m) In Abuja (Photo by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2019
GistMore2:
A Beninese cook identified as Samuel Tchiki has been arrested alongside his compatriots for stealing a politician's $22,000 in Abuja.

The suspects stole the safe the money was in, vandalised it before embarking on a shopping spree with the money. Other suspects arrested for the theft include Francis Kpohouede, George Akinto, Donald Tokpe, Honore Tokpe and Emmanuel Savi and the police only recovered $13,000 from them as they reportedly bought television sets, sound systems, generators and other domestic appliances with stolen money.

Tchiki has been living in Nigeria since 2008 and reportedly moved to Abuja because of poor salary after working in a hotel in Cross River State.

“When my boss, Casmir Anyanwu, travelled, I got my friends to carry the safe from his room and we took it to Mpape, where we opened it. We found $22,000, which we shared. I gave my brother $600. I spent my share on clothes and home appliances. I don’t know what got into me; I can’t say why I stole the money,” Tchiki told Punch.

FCT's Commissioner of Police Bala Ciroma, advised Nigerians to carry out background checks on domestic workers before employing them as he paraded the suspects who have all confessed to the crime.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/beninese-cook-arrested-for-stealing-politicians-22000-n7-9m-in-abuja
the poor and their penchant for clothes and sound system be like 5&6 when they sight money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blessing Ayeni: Woman & Her 8-Month-Old Baby Missing In Ogun (Photos) / Man Lynched For Snatching A Motorcycle In Benue. Graphic Photo / Ekiti Begins Naming And Shaming Of Sex Offenders, Exposes Rev. Asateru Gabriel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.