Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,167 members, 7,957,364 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:33 AM

Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today (30632 Views)

MURIC Director, Prof. Akintola Retires From LASU / Akintola Williams At 100: ICAN Awards Centenary Scholarship To Students / Meet Akintola Williams, The First Chartered Accountant In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by Focusmind: 11:31am On Aug 09, 2019
My role model. This man's achievements made me to jettison and dumped my first class Engineering degree for ICAN, which I qualified.

Thank you for being an inspiration!!!. I remember AkintolawilliamsDeloitte&Touch

4 Likes

Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by ekaromail: 11:35am On Aug 09, 2019
Wow! Happy birthday, sir.

Our next class starts on the 26th of August, 2019. It's going to be two separate classes running at the same time.

1. Content Creation Class for those who want to produce content regularly for their blogs and social media pages, and not run out of ideas.

2. Practical Writing Class for those who want to learn how to write or those who want to brush up their writing skills

Registration is open. Inbox me for details.
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by rosy1992(f): 11:40am On Aug 09, 2019
Happy birthday sir.
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by naptu2: 11:44am On Aug 09, 2019
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE:

NIGERIA WILL ALWAYS BE PROUD OF YOU, PRESIDENT BUHARI TELLS CHIEF AKINTOLA WILLIAMS AT 100

President @MBuhari felicitates with renowned chartered accountant, iconic leader and legendary teacher, Chief Akintola Williams, who turns a centenarian, August 9, 2019, congratulating him for many honours and pride brought to Nigeria and Africa.

Pres. Buhari commends Chief Williams for his pioneering & pacesetting roles, laying the foundation for many institutions in the country, which include Nigerian Stock Exchange & Institute of Chartered Accountants, which have long turned into strong pillars of the Nigerian economy.

The President believes Chief Williams’s prudent utilisation of time from his youth, and a proclivity for looking beyond circumstances, separated him early for global recognition, turning him into an institution that many will continue to study and draw inspiration from.

President @MBuhari extols the centenarian’s adventurous spirit of seeking and taking up challenges like music, arts and promotion of culture, underscoring his willingness to always serve the country and move it to greater heights through knowledge, wisdom and counsels to leaders.

The President joins family, friends and professional colleagues in celebrating with Oloye Williams, Africa’s first Chartered Accountant, on his 100th birthday, and for achieving the feat of inspiring the largest professional services firm in Nigeria with Deloitte & Touche.

He prayed that the almighty God will grant Chief Williams health and strength to continue serving God, the country and humanity.[/quote]

https://mobile.twitter.com/NGRPresident/status/1159773243684745216
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by Ijawwomaninoyo: 11:45am On Aug 09, 2019
tot:
Can we please keep tribalism out of this commendable post. Don't you people get tired of this petty childish behaviour?!

Some people are allergic to good news, instead of them to find out the source of their frustrations, they come to Nairaland to declare their assets in foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by Focusmind: 11:46am On Aug 09, 2019
naptu2:
Association of Investment Advisers and Potfolio Managers.

Good historical pictures - 1986!!. I like how things evolved. See Gamaliel Onosode, I guess. The movers and checkers of corporate Nigeria. Nothing is permanent.

1 Like

Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by ayopo10(m): 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2019
Happy Birthday Baba... So happy for you. Agba yin ti dale already.
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by NkemChukwudi: 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2019
PrecisionFx:

The way yorubas lie ehh, chai

If we check now, you and your extended family are living and thriving in Yoruba land.

You people are annoyingly ungrateful beings and if we ask you to return to your Igbo land your pride will leave you and you will be shedding tears like a child who has lost his sweet. Yeye shameless tribe, e dey all of una body!

Yoruba are centuries ahead of you - hinterland bush people.

1 Like

Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by Vixlot: 12:57pm On Aug 09, 2019
Happy Birthday Sir
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by tigerclaws: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2019
[s]
GeneralPula:

[/s]
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by ikorodureporta: 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2019
...but all these our old men wey no dey gree write books for others to learn from. This type suppose to don write up to 100 books
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by queenDD(f): 1:28pm On Aug 09, 2019
Happy birthday Sir, I celebrate you!
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by naptu2: 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2019
ikorodureporta:
...but all these our old men wey no dey gree write books for others to learn from. This type suppose to don write up to 100 books

He has written many books, many books have been written about him and he has contributed to many books.

1 Like

Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by piagetskinner(m): 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2019
But how did we miss it... we had so many brilliant leaders those days
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2019
NkemChukwudi:

If we check now, you and your extended family are living and thriving in Yoruba land.

You people are annoyingly ungrateful beings and if we ask you to return to your Igbo land your pride will leave you and you will be shedding tears like a child who has lost his sweet. Yeye shameless tribe, e dey all of una body!

Yoruba are centuries ahead of you - hinterland bush people.
After all these, u are using an IGBO name grin grin grin
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by fabolouz1(m): 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
Happy Birthday to the Doyen of accounting in Nigeria nay Africa. This family is full of intellectuals, His late brother Chief F.R.A Williams (Timi the Law ) was a collosus in the Legal profession.
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by victme1(m): 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2019
Wao!!! Congrats Sir! It didn't easy
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by mechanics(m): 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
He's favoured with long life.
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by Alimiyemi(m): 12:39am On Aug 10, 2019
This is the proof
PrecisionFx:

Bring any form of proof that he's the first African chartered accountant.

Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by higgs: 8:03am On Aug 10, 2019
Legend
Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2019

Re: Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today by dalass(f): 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2019
Yoruba leads, others follow

Happy centenary birthday Sir Akintola ... From an Outstanding and simply brilliant family of achievers grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Make A Living Out Of Data Analysis / I Need Your Advice / Nigerian Policeman Spotted Sleeping With His Rifle While On Duty. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.