Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,074 members, 7,953,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:32 PM

EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law (21077 Views)

I Gave Obasanjo $140,000 From Abdullahi Babalele, Atiku’s Son-in-law - Witness / EFCC Arraigns Abdullahi Babalele, Uyiekpen Osagie-Giwa Over Money Laundering / EFCC Has Arrested Uyiekpen Giwa-Osagie, Atiku's Lawyer — Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by adaweezy(m): 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2019
Flier:
He should simply explain where he got the money from
I know it’s a witch-hunt but that doesn’t mean the lawyer should not explain where he got the money from and it’s purpose

The lawyer as no responsibility to say how he got the money, it's the law. The legal practitioners act is clear on this
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by fishbone11(m): 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2019
How about the Bullion Vans money in one man's compound? So no investigation abi? Useless government
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by AerialMapper: 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
Tinubu was not charged when 2 bullion vans were taken to his house

No investigation when a jet fully laden with cash was seen at the airport

Ganduje is still not investigated despite video evidence

Charges dropped against Goje

Magu is a joker

Buhari is a clown

The fight against corruption is selective

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by namio10: 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC has arrested two close allies of PDP Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.POLITICS NIGERIA learnt that the commission arrested Uyi Giwa-Osagie, Atiku's lawyer and his Son-in-law, Babalele Abdullah on Thursday evening. The commission is set to file charges of Money-laundering against Osagie.

Below are the charges against Osagie;

COUNT 1

That you UYIEKPEN GlWA-OSAGIE and ERHUNSE GlWA-OSAGIE, sometimes in February 2019 in Nigeria within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court conspired to commit an offence to wit: making cash payment of the sum of $2,000,000.00 (Two Million United State Dollars) without going through financial institution which sum exceeded the amount authorized by Law and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 18(a), and 1(a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2011 as amended and punishable under Section 16(2)(b) of the same Act.

COUNT 2

That you UYIEKPEN GIWA-OSAGIE on or before the 12th day of February 2019 in Nigeria within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court, procured ERHUNSE GIWAOSAGIE to make cash payment of the sum of $2,000,000.00 (Two Million United State Dollars) without going through financial institution, which sums exceeded the amount authorized by Law and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 18(c) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2011 as amended and punishable under Section 16(2)(b) of the same Act.

COUNT 3

That you ERHUNSE GlWA-OSAGIE sometimes in February 2019 In Nigeria within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court made the payment of the sum of $2,000,000.00 (Two Million United State Dollars) without going through financial institution, which sum exceeded the amount authorized by Law and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Sections 1(a). & 16(1). (d) of the Money Laundering(Prohibition) Act, 2011 (As Amended) and Punishable under section 16 of the Same Act.The arrest is coming five months after Babalele and Giwa-Osagie were detained for several days while being questioned in a multi-million dollar money-laundering probe.He was reportedly arrested after a bureau de change operative allegedly identified him as the owner of $2 million found in its possession.The commission alleged that the funds were to be used for the 2019 general elections.

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-efcc-arrests-atikus-lawyer-son-in-law/

Use state instruments to bulldoze every opposition.
That's typical way of Jihadist in control of any state.
And they don't care, don't look back, until conquest is achieved.

This man below sees himself as the representative of Othman Dan Fodio in Nigeria.

Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by perpeling22(f): 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2019
Flier:
I know it’s a witch-hunt but that doesn’t mean the lawyer should not explain where he got the money from and it’s purpose

Thank God you know. I wonder what they were waiting for concerning Tinubu's bullion van.

I'm not in support of corruption but what is good for goose is also good for the gender
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by Flier: 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2019
perpeling22:

Thank God you know. I wonder what they were waiting for concerning Tinubu's bullion van.

I'm not in support of corruption but what is good for goose is also good for the gender
Tinubu won’t be charged till PDP returns to power in 2023 so it’s a waste of time talking about him
And I even doubt Pdp will charge him because they only cares about looting not corrupt opposition members

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by oziamaka: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2019
Flier:
the e last time I checked no one has been arrested with regard to the bullion van that we saw at the tinubu's house on the eve of presidential election.
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by reuben79: 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2019
SETTINGZ0000000:
EFCC
the only functioning sector in this regime
to hell with u for dat statement...where is d case of oshomole,ganduje and liar Muhammad?till u die don't ever say dat again.thank u
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by SaintLucia: 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
sonnie10:
Is this how APC intend to win at the tribunal? By intimidating Atiku’s lawyer?
The funniest thing be say neither Atiku nor Buhari knows you. I dey sure say u still dey live with your parent.
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by iamjavadem(m): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2019
Tribunal that is not going there way? PDP just wasting people’s time.
sonnie10:
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by sonnie10: 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2019
SaintLucia:
The funniest thing be say neither Atiku nor Buhari knows you. I dey sure say u still dey live with your parent.
May Buhari know you.
Say Amen
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by Emmanuel226(m): 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2019
Shalommy:
. Wetin u sabi?
o boy bleep off my comment or else
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by akinonigbinde: 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2019
When efcc is through with Atuku's money laundering, they will come and address Bola Tinubu Bourdilon Bullion van money spray of which Mr. Asiwaju formally invited the efcc but efcc is still busy.
[
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by LANDLORD72: 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
It has started Stolen mandate witch hunt
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by Legendguru: 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2019
hmmm
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by Emmannn101(m): 6:50pm On Aug 09, 2019
LillyVal:
If you start feeling weird after a drink and think it’s been drugged ask the bartender for SALTY water it’ll make you throw up and cleanse your stomach if you’ve been drugged.

Can this work for poison as well?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by Emmannn101(m): 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2019
Everyone will be scared of Buhari now including Tinubu if he fumbled.......

Good work Efcc, though it looked witch hunt but we need to know what Atiku used 2 billion dollars close to a trillion naira

Nawa o and people are suffering in this country o
Nigeria is cursed
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by kuuljay(m): 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
When atiku approach any lawyer to represent him
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by Ziggylady(f): 7:05pm On Aug 09, 2019
Flier:

It is enablers like you that has encouraged buhari to pollute this country with his garbage in the name of Governance..

Later you will troop to the streets deceiving yourselves with Revolution' while you are hunted down like rats by his Security forces..

Make una continue
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2019
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Emmannn101:

Can this work for poison as well?
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by sapele914(m): 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2019
sonnie10:
Muu, his defense lawyer is different from his money laundering lawyer.
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by CoolAmbience(m): 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2019
Flier:

What is a witch-hunt?

So, he shouldn't be investigated for breach of the law because he is connected to Atiku?

Mtchewww.
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by Shalommy(f): 7:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
Emmanuel226:
o boy bleep off my comment or else
. Else keee u dia.
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by Emmanuel226(m): 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2019
Shalommy:
. Else keee u dia.
foolishness kill u dia grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by Shalommy(f): 7:54pm On Aug 09, 2019
Emmanuel226:
foolishness kill u dia grin
. MUMU kee u dia.
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by Emmanuel226(m): 7:56pm On Aug 09, 2019
Shalommy:
. MUMU kee u dia.
trouble finish u there cool
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by OVikkytan49: 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2019
I'm not bias! APC is ready to do anything that would break atiku's wings.
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by OVikkytan49: 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2019
I'm not bias! APC is ready to do anything that would break atiku's wings.
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by SaintLucia: 8:59pm On Aug 09, 2019
sonnie10:
May Buhari know you. Say Amen
Big amen. Next?
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by 86651978IJ: 11:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
ghen ghen, e don ddey happen
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by ebakhaiyhe(m): 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
When are you going to arrest the man that ordered two bullion van into his house. Is that one not called money laundering or is it APC laundry
Re: EFCC Arrests Uyi Giwa-Osagie & Babalele Abdullah, Atiku's Laywer, In-law by alphaNomega: 6:29am On Aug 10, 2019
LillyVal:
If you start feeling weird after a drink and think it’s been drugged ask the bartender for SALTY water it’ll make you throw up and cleanse your stomach if you’ve been drugged.

This is new

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hoodlums Open Fire On NDLEA Operatives In Edo, Three Officers Injured / Amaechi, Ayade, Ita-Giwa March For 'Plant-A-Tree' Event At Calabar Carnival / Minimum Wage: NLC To Embark On Nationwide Protest On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.