Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,020 members, 7,828,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Flooding: President Buhari Advises Nigerians, Gives Directive To NEMA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flooding: President Buhari Advises Nigerians, Gives Directive To NEMA (212 Views)

Looted Warehouse Does Not Belong To NEMA - Official / Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention / CAN Congratulates Buhari, Advises Him On Cabinet Selection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flooding: President Buhari Advises Nigerians, Gives Directive To NEMA by CGMedia: 11:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has commiserated with Nigerians who may have lost their loved ones or property to the incessant flooding across the country, Igbere TV reports.

The president also advised Nigerians to always heed to flood alert warnings from relevant agencies, saying, it is intended to secure lives and property.

“I want to appeal to Nigerians to please heed early warning flooding alerts by relevant government agencies, intended to safeguard lives and property. These alerts are well-meaning and for the good of everybody”, he said.

“My heartfelt sympathy goes to the families of all who lost their lives in recent flooding incidents, as well as those who lost property.” Buhari added.

In a tweet sighted by Igbere TV on his Twitter handle on Friday, President Buhari revealed he had directed the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to provide relief materials to affected communities.

“I have directed @nemanigeria to immediately provide relief assistance to all affected communities and persons across the country”, he said.

He, however, appealed to Nigerians to remain calm, peace loving and law abiding citizens, adding that his government was on top of flooding situations.

http://igberetvnews.com/887776/president-buhari-advises-nigerians-on-flooding-issues-read-here/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Flooding: President Buhari Advises Nigerians, Gives Directive To NEMA by BlackfireX: 12:58am On Aug 10, 2019
More 3years + to endure this archaic locomotive
Re: Flooding: President Buhari Advises Nigerians, Gives Directive To NEMA by Optional09: 3:02am On Aug 10, 2019
Increasing insecurity, compromised security
services, compromised military.

We are all in danger

Re: Flooding: President Buhari Advises Nigerians, Gives Directive To NEMA by helinues: 4:43am On Aug 10, 2019
Ok
Re: Flooding: President Buhari Advises Nigerians, Gives Directive To NEMA by emilas1979(m): 4:48am On Aug 10, 2019
With all due respect
Nema knows their job
They should know what to do

If anyone needs directive,
YOU ARE THE ONE
I DO NOT THINK YOU KNOWS WHAT YOUR JOB AS THE PRESIDENT IS

(1) (Reply)

PMT Boss Returns N2.2b Wrongly Credited To His Account By FBN / El-zakzaky Is Back To Nigeria / You Don't Have Any Access To Me Unless Through Abba Kyari—buhari Tell Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.