Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

See This Simple Trick To Peel Potatoes Very Easily - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See This Simple Trick To Peel Potatoes Very Easily (1179 Views)

See How I Made This Simple Sauce Using Minced Meat (pics And Vid) / How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea / What Is The Correct Way To Peel Yam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See This Simple Trick To Peel Potatoes Very Easily by lovekhian: 5:26am On Aug 10, 2019
Yesterday, I mentioned how potatoes are always very difficult to peel and cut. Especially that sweet potatoes�

Well, it doesn't have to be so bad� cos today's #tricktuesday I am going to be giving us a simple but very useful trick on how to peel and cut your potatoes easily, whether Irish potatoes or Sweet potatoes.
I have been using this trick for years and it is just a life saver� because before I got to know this trick, I hated cutting potatoes so badly that I would rather not eat than go through that struggle.
Now these 5 simple steps are:

1. Wash your potatoes very well to get rid of the dirt and sand

2. Use your knife to cut a thin line horizontally across the potatoes
3. Boil them. When they are ready, drain into a seive.
4. Get a bowl of ice water, and pour the cooked potatoes into it. Leave it for about 3-5mins.

5. Drain them out and the skin would pull out easily from the center where you have slitted it before cooking.
Then you can easily cut into your desired shape without stress.
Try this out and thank me later�� Don't learn alone, tag a friend

Follow me on Instagram @loveinthekichin for more tricks and hacks that will improve your work in the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: See This Simple Trick To Peel Potatoes Very Easily by cenaman(m): 5:55am On Aug 10, 2019
what of those who dont have ice water?

1 Like

Re: See This Simple Trick To Peel Potatoes Very Easily by lovekhian: 6:05am On Aug 10, 2019
cenaman:
what of those who dont have ice water?

Just transfer it from the hot water to ordinary water from your tap. That works too
Re: See This Simple Trick To Peel Potatoes Very Easily by lomprico(m): 9:24am On Aug 10, 2019
what if I want to fry it?
Re: See This Simple Trick To Peel Potatoes Very Easily by lovekhian: 9:42am On Aug 10, 2019
lomprico:
what if I want to fry it?

I was expecting someone to ask this. Okay so if you want to fry, you might have to peel them raw (use a potato peeler, makes it easier) and they are cutters you can use to cut them easily after peeling.
Personally, I don't like stress, so I boil the potatoes halfway, peel them then cut and fry. This is because usually I would always add water to my potatoes while frying them so I just parboil first, no need for me to add water again.
Note that this my style works only for sweet potatoes. For Irish potatoes for your French fries, peel and cut the potatoes raw. I hope this helped.
Re: See This Simple Trick To Peel Potatoes Very Easily by lomprico(m): 5:09pm On Aug 10, 2019
lovekhian:

I was expecting someone to ask this. Okay so if you want to fry, you might have to peel them raw (use a potato peeler, makes it easier) and they are cutters you can use to cut them easily after peeling.
Personally, I don't like stress, so I boil the potatoes halfway, peel them then cut and fry. This is because usually I would always add water to my potatoes while frying them so I just parboil first, no need for me to add water again.
Note that this my style works only for sweet potatoes. For Irish potatoes for your French fries, peel and cut the potatoes raw. I hope this helped.

then I will also use the potato piller if I want to boil it also. it saves time n resources.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Original Ijebu Garri For Sale In Abuja / Inside Life: 8,600 Years World's Oldest Bread, Discovered In Turkey - Archeolo / Fried Chicken Vs Cooked Chicken? Which One Do You Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.