Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux (24981 Views)

The History And Evolution Of Toyota Camry / The History And Evolution Of Honda Civic / The History And Evolution Of The Nissan Pathfinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by dipseacon: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2019
So a whole Bleep boy like me go just calm down dey read this wey long pass James Hardely Chase novel?
Does Buhari know all these things? Why do you think I should know them? undecided

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by pocohantas(f): 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2019
ornicus:
My first ride. Now back again with a ford ranger

Hilux was your first ride?
You dey sell firewood? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 10, 2019
pocohantas:

Hilux was your first ride?
You dey sell firewood? cheesy

for whatever reason, i have always liked pickups

https://www.nairaland.com/107950/oybs-er-hilux-2001-project#1884041

i left my employer this year. their final gift to me [thank god for union and severance package] ,was a 2014 ford ranger. cool just thatist the basic model with manual transmission and windows. [there is no way you can look stand offish if you are rolling a window manually] angry grin

1 Like

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by dayleke: 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2019
We don't know no "Hilux" here in Baltimore,
Na only Toyota Tacoma we sabi... grin
Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by cenaman(m): 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2019
ddjay:

Oga how come the hillux we use in naija no dey ur list na,abi dey made it specially for us
ODE is that the reason you quote the whole topic?

1 Like

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by Gynecomastia: 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2019
Godspower35:
Toyota Hilux (1968 - 1972)
[img]https://1.bp..com/-1gY7_gRJ0OU/XU6AFj7mlhI/AAAAAAAACkc/8S1Ipb9g5RMN_dui9qcUAfaYxZJqZKpzACLcBGAs/s320/Toyota%2BHilux%2B1.jpg[/img]
The Hilux debuted in March 1968 as a new truck with bonnet. The engine was a 1.5-liter 70-horsepower engine (2R), which was also used in the Toyoace. The Hilux used a separate frame construction with a double wishbone / coil spring front axle and a rigid axle / leaf spring rear axle. The transmission was a 4-speed manual transmission with a column shifter. The Hilux had a passenger capacity of three and a payload of 1,000 kg with a loading area of 1,850 mm in length.

Toyota Hilux (1972 - 1978)
[img]https://1.bp..com/-sdQ9vT7ojgw/XU6ETxMDRLI/AAAAAAAACko/bOMAwLnFe4IF8ls33ySa6VgL2iTk7iUigCLcBGAs/s320/Toyota%2BHilux%2B2.jpg[/img]
The second-generation Hilux was launched in May 1972. Both the long and the short wheelbase followed the mechanical components of its predecessor, although they extended the wheelbase by 10 mm and 45 mm, respectively. The length of the deck and the maximum payload remained unchanged. In addition to the standard model with the existing 1.6-liter engine, the Highway model was introduced with a 2.0-liter 105 hp engine (18R) to facilitate driving on highways.

Toyota Hilux (1978 - 1983)
[img]https://1.bp..com/-hWiaF6aA7fA/XU6GBPssAiI/AAAAAAAACk0/1JVnmHUmJIwWLX0Zfdd43nmAUmlZFaCYACLcBGAs/s320/Toyota%2BHilux%2B3.jpg[/img]
The third-generation Hilux was launched in September 1978. It's model offered limousine-like features and ride comfort. The variants included three standard-length models and four long-body models. The new super deluxe top-of-the-range model featured an extended cabin that was 90 mm longer than a standard cabin, increasing the interior space. The 1.6-liter 12R-J engine was inherited from the previous generation. The double wishbone front suspension remained unchanged except that the coil springs were replaced by a torsion bar. The front disc brakes were standard on Deluxe and higher models.

Toyota Hilux (1983 - 1988)
[img]https://1.bp..com/-b9vdCBN9awo/XU6J5MWjX6I/AAAAAAAAClM/yTP21UsKc54Jm2pdmQ1AhVAlfyf1RJgRQCLcBGAs/s320/Toyota%2BHilux%2B4.jpg[/img]
The fourth-generation Hilux was launched in November 1983. The rear-wheel drive (RWD) models contains the Comfortable series and the Popular series. The first was the fourth generation model with a redesigned interior and exterior design, while the second was the third generation model that remained in production. All four-wheel models (4WD) received a new body. The external appearance of the fourth generation models was marked by blister-type fenders on the front and rear.

Toyota Hilux (1988 - 1997)
[img]https://1.bp..com/-LmpWVWLTk2U/XU6HvwIbo1I/AAAAAAAAClA/mirKYbrKYUU1kthKxW0YFnwjneI2yLWiwCLcBGAs/s320/Toyota%2BHilux%2B5.jpg[/img]
The fifth-generation Hilux, launched in September 1988, embodied the three basic concepts of power, robustness and comfort. In order to improve the functionality as a multi-purpose vehicle (known in Japan as a motor-home or recreational vehicle), the interior has been further improved. The body variants have been reduced to one with press doors and integrated sashes. A major difference between rear-wheel-drive (RWD) and four-wheel drive (4WD) models was in the wheel arch extensions: the RWD models had no-fender fenders, while the 4WD models had fender flares with a sturdy look. For this reason, the width of 4WD models became 1,690 mm or 40 mm wider than that of RWD models. The design of the dashboard and other interior fittings was even more like a sedan than before.

Toyota Hilux (1997 - 2004)
[img]https://1.bp..com/-luevADID75E/XU6LAMAIuVI/AAAAAAAAClU/W3KuFrz90X0FyFZha6jYwVIkz3IRRe9OwCLcBGAs/s320/Toyota%2BHilux%2B6.jpg[/img]
The sixth-generation Hilux, launched in September 1997, consisted of a business truck line and a sports pickup line for personal use. The latter have been supplied with equipment and devices suitable for a multi-purpose vehicle, which are characterized by a longer cabin height and length as well as an improved low noise level. The model presented in November with an additional cab and a 100 mm extended body was an open multi-purpose vehicle with a sufficiently long cargo bed and two additional seats in the back of the cabin.

Toyota Hilux (2004 - 2015)
[img]https://1.bp..com/-S5jGCevZ7bI/XU6NCvSeuUI/AAAAAAAAClg/jXHsdLOmefI3JMLaTysUNa_zhXdhmNRMgCLcBGAs/s320/Toyota%2BHilux%2B7.jpeg[/img]
The seventh generation Hilux was launched in August 2004 as a new vans for sale in more than 140 countries worldwide. Inspired by the rugged design of the sixth-generation model, it offered 21st-century customers a high level of durability and comfort, plenty of interior space, enhanced comfort, and the ride comfort of a passenger car as well as the comfort of an SUV.

As part of the Innovative International Multi-purpose Vehicle (IMV) project, Toyota developed five new models on one platform: three pickup models (Hilux), a minivan model (Innova) and a sports utility vehicle model (Fortuner).

In order to offer its customers around the world more attractive products at a lower price and at the same time bring it to the market, the company has also developed optimal production and supply systems worldwide.

Toyota Hilux (2015 - Present)
[img]https://1.bp..com/-r_dJ3xhyDsE/XU6OxZu3F9I/AAAAAAAACls/B4mQ86B-HIQS_26w7i0djRK7QzgzCg2EwCLcBGAs/s320/Toyota%2BHilux%2B8.jpg[/img]
The eighth Hilux generation was launched in May 2015. To truly understand what customers expect and what challenges they face on a daily basis, the development teams traveled the world, collecting direct feedback from customers, and driving across a variety of streets, feeling different operating conditions.

The entire development concept for the eighth generation Hilux focused on the redefinition of tenacity to make the new Hilux "harder" based on a much wider interpretation of that word. The Hilux design of the eighth generation was not only harder, but also reduced the stress as much as possible. In addition to the conventional concept of toughness, it was characterized by ride comfort that made long, hard trips less strenuous, a quiet cabin that enabled communication in all conditions, and improved range thanks to improved fuel efficiency. You can also count on it to deliver the legendary ruggedness, performance, responsiveness and safety expected of the model.

Toyota has been known for its standard features, whats your say??

Please don't forget to Like,comment and Share.....................
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/08/the-history-and-evolution-of-toyota.html

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by pocohantas(f): 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2019
ornicus:

for whatever reason, i have always liked pickups

https://www.nairaland.com/107950/oybs-er-hilux-2001-project#1884041

i left my employer this year. their final gift to me [thank god for union and severance package] ,was a 2014 ford ranger. cool just thatist the basic model with manual transmission and windows. [there is no way you can look stand offish if you are rolling a window manually] angry grin

That's some nice upgrade o.
No be today you open eye...

I like the colour you went for? You still have the truck? cheesy

Never been a fan of trucks and SUVs. I find them too bulky. After driving one for some time (recently), I got to realise it is what we need in Nigeria.
Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by TGMISKY(m): 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2019
What an evolution. Especially in the 6th and 7th generations

1 Like

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by MrMakaveli20(m): 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2019
YungTemy:
Nigeria police official Hilux.

Any time ekpoma boys see this white Hilux from a distance. Omo na to Japa. Weather you carry exhibit or not, na to discharge. Because if that Hilux near you, and you be guy man, them must pick you.
Even for Benin, e get one dreaded SARS squad wey dey use one dead red hilux like the one in the picture, Baba if those men catch you, just forget it. you must hail
Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by MrMakaveli20(m): 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2019
MarkudiRITA:
No wonder Nigerian Army, ISIS, Alqaida, ISWAP, Taliban, Houtti Rebels, BokoHaram, Alshabab etc.. love the truck
you are very correct. even Boko Haram sef, the Hilux is their preferred truck.

2 Likes

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by incogni2o: 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2019
Dottore:

Tundra, Hilux and Tacoma are from the same manufacturer for different purposes so no need to compare.

Please what are the purposes/specific purposes

I thought they are all utility cars?
Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by Ntefre(m): 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2019
No wonder!
Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by stonemasonn: 4:29pm On Aug 10, 2019
Why is not sold in the US? Only Tacoma and Tundra.
Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by ChristineC: 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2019
incogni2o:
Best utility car.

If this thing has overtaken your Car on the express.

Raise your hand.

Strong, Durable,Flexible

I still prefer it 100x to Tundra.

Tundra - Share
Hilux - Like
why will you compare Tundra to Hilux? they don't even have the same market.

1 Like

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by jesse8048(m): 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2019
Kenoxman:

Na MTN freebasics u dey use?

Free basics for Nairaland, pls carry your frustration to the next person I'm jus too busy right now.
Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by duality(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2019
Toyota cars and confusion I've see too many different designs of Toyota corolla yet they claimed to be of same model. I've seen more then 5 different 2001 corolla designs.

Love hilux sha
Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by kingreign(m): 4:44pm On Aug 10, 2019
incogni2o:
Best utility car.

If this thing has overtaken your Car on the express.

Raise your hand.

Strong, Durable,Flexible

I still prefer it 100x to Tundra.

Tundra - Share
Hilux - Like

Lol. Ignorance at its peak. A tundra is way better built. A Tacoma is way better built.
Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by ddjay: 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2019
cenaman:
ODE is that the reason you quote the whole topic?
Amembo and an idiot 4 that matter, who ask you
Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by adedamola777: 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2019
In an interview, Osama Bin Laden said Toyota is good for JIHAD �

MarkudiRITA:
No wonder Nigerian Army, ISIS, Alqaida, ISWAP, Taliban, Houtti Rebels etc.. love the truck

1 Like

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by Sniper101(m): 11:23pm On Aug 10, 2019
YungTemy:

Any time ekpoma boys see this white Hilux from a distance. Omo na to Japa. Weather you carry exhibit or not, na to discharge. Because if that Hilux near you, and you be guy man, them must pick you.

I swear down.

{them fools picked me up one certain time, threw me inside the back seat of their Hilux & then demanded to go through my iPhone. WHY?
...only because I was well dressed & with blings around my neck}
Lol

1 Like

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by nicepoker101(m): 12:25am On Aug 11, 2019
yinkus6750:
You would have done well to show the rapid growth on prices too.
No doubt, Toyota Hilux is the master of pick up .
How about Ford Ranger.
Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by piagetskinner(m): 12:49am On Aug 11, 2019
I remember when my dad was given the 2008 model as brand new official vehicle Mehn... the ac cold like mad... speeds like no mans business..covered a journey of 6hrs in 4 hrs

2 Likes

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by wethebest(m): 8:04am On Aug 11, 2019
YungTemy:

This one off me. Hw time flies. Even on top of bike for ekp, dem go still catch u. As u see dem, jst tell d bike to enta anoda street.

2 Likes

Re: The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux by alphaNomega: 9:53am On Dec 15, 2019
daddytime:
Na the third one we take dey cross Sahara desert for 4 whole days....strong akpuruka moto

When Buzu go load over 30 people like sardine put inside...you go cry your mama and papa till maybe you go end up for the world beyond when truck kaput for the middle of nowhere in temperatures over 60-70 degrees.

Still very much in service till date....old soja never die

There's one funny name it's called. I'm trying to remember

(1) (2) (Reply)

Water Or Coolant For Radiator / Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features / Rolls-Royce Sold A Record 5,152 Cars In 2019, The Highest Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.