Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

RCCG Sunday School Students Manual , Sunday 11th August, 2019 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Sunday School Students Manual , Sunday 11th August, 2019 (438 Views)

The Alarming Rate At Which Secondary School Students Have Sex Today / Prophet TB Joshua's Funeral Service Updates (July 5th - Sunday 11th July, 2021) / Rccg Sunday School Student's Manual(03/09/2017) Praise God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Sunday School Students Manual , Sunday 11th August, 2019 by femoint007(m): 10:59am On Aug 10, 2019
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT'S MANUAL
LESSON FIFTY
SUNDAY 11TH AUGUST 2019

TOPIC: REWARDS

*SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN*

*1.* O Sunday School, on the Lord's
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.

*2.* O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.

*3.* O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.

*4.* O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.

*5.* O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I'll be in Sunday School.

*6.* O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?

MEMORY VERSE: "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;" -- 2Corinthians 4:17

BIBLE PASSAGE: 1Corinthians 9:16-19, 24-27

1 Corinthians:9.16
For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!
1 Corinthians:9.17
For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship.
1 Corinthians:9.18
What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel.
1 Corinthians:9.19
For though I am free from all [men,] I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more;

1 Corinthians:9.24
Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain [it.]
1 Corinthians:9.25
And everyone who competes [for the prize] is temperate in all things. Now they [do it] to obtain a perishable crown, but we [for] an imperishable [crown.]
1 Corinthians:9.26
Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as [one who] beats the air.
1 Corinthians:9.27
But I discipline my body and bring [it] into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

INTRODUCTION:
The scriptures make it clear that believers will be rewarded for their labour of love to God (Revelations 22:12). The momentary light affliction, which is descriptive of this world of sorrow, pain, tears and problems will end the moment we cross to the other side (2Corinthians 4:17). The moment of affliction will be exchanged for an exceeding and eternal weight of glory.

LESSON OUTLINES
1. What glories are believers to expect?
2. What crowns may believers win?

WHAT GLORIES ARE BELIEVERS TO EXPECT?

Every born again child of God, living a holy life and walking in the Spirit of God should expect:

1. To be with Christ on the last day (John 14:3). Everyone is happy to be in the presence of the King of kings.

2. To behold his face (Psalms 17:15). What a glory it will be just to be able to gaze at that wonderful face. (Revelations 22:4).

3. To behold the glory of Christ (John 17:24). We shall not only behold His face but also His glory. The disciples saw a glimpse of this glory on the mount of transfiguration. We shall see in full when we get to heaven.

4. To be glorified with Christ (Romans 8:17-18). We are not just to behold his glory but we are to be glorified too. We do not know this means actually means but it is surely going to be marvelously wonderful.

5. To reign with Christ (Romans 8:17-18). We shall reign with the King of kings. In Matt. 25:20-23; in the parable of the talents, the faithful ones were made rulers over many things.

6. To inherit all things (Revelations 21:7). Not some things but all things.

7. To shine as the stars (Daniel 12:3). As believers, we should increase the rate at which we are winning souls for Christ.

WHAT CROWNS MAY BELIEVERS WIN?

It is possible for believers to win several crowns. For example there are crowns for runners (1Corinthians 9:24-25). It is incorruptible crown. An eternal one. It is for those who patiently run the race to heaven and are temperate in all things (Hebrews 12:1)

1. Crowns for soul winners (1Thessalonians 2:19). It is called the crown of rejoicing

2. Crowns for anticipators, that is, those who are expecting the Lord's return (2Timothy 4:cool. This is called the crown of righteousness. Every believer should watch out for Christ second coming to win this crown.

3. Crowns for the faithful ones (James 1:12). This is called the crown of life. The conditions for winning this crown include: Enduring temptation, love for God and faithfulness unto death. (Revelations 2:10)

4. Crowns for the true shepherd (1Peter 5:1-4). This is called the crown of glory. It is for elders, pastors, missionaries and teachers who perform their duties faithfully.

CONCLUSION
It is possible to earn a crown and then lose it again (Revelations 3:11). Would that not be a terrible tragedy? May God grant that it will not happen to us.

QUESTIONS
1. What are the future glories for believers?
2. Mention at least 4 crowns that a believer could win and and the conditions attached.

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't People Pray In Plane Before Takeoff? / Native Doctor Visits Church Orphanage Home, Donates Gifts – In Delta (photos) / LADIES; 7 Key Things You Must Know Before Marrying A Pastor - Rev. Akinola Tunde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.