Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Please Help!! Toxic Fume From Bakery Posing A Threat To My Neighborhood - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help!! Toxic Fume From Bakery Posing A Threat To My Neighborhood (354 Views)

Generator Fume Kills 4 Family Members In Kwara (Photo) / Generator fume kills 4 children in Bayelsa (Graphic Photos) / Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!! Toxic Fume From Bakery Posing A Threat To My Neighborhood by joecooper(m): 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2019
Greetings guys, Is there a way I can involve the government in this issue...I am a resident at Alimosho Iyana ipaja. I want to make a complaint of air pollution from a bakery behind my house. Anytime this facility starts baking there is a huge fume coming from their chimney which the air virtually pushes the fume into our flats from the windows and doors. This has been on for years and they seem not to be bothered about every other person in the neighborhood. I have an Infant in my care so are my neighbors. We have made this complaint before and we got no response from LASEPA. Please is there any other means we can get the environmental agencies to act fast so as avoid us taking actions into our own hands as this is has posed grievous danger to our health.
Re: Please Help!! Toxic Fume From Bakery Posing A Threat To My Neighborhood by joecooper(m): 2:15pm On Aug 10, 2019
lipsrsealed

Re: Please Help!! Toxic Fume From Bakery Posing A Threat To My Neighborhood by Kingosytex(m): 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2019
You have reported to LASEPA without getting a response, It might be possible that the owner or manager of the bakery is paying huge sums to the LASEPA's "oga" at the top. I suggest you report again to the authorities and if nothing happens then you resign yourself to fate. This is Nigeria, most times evil rule over good.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Toxic Fume From Bakery Posing A Threat To My Neighborhood by joecooper(m): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2019
Kingosytex:
You have reported to LASEPA without getting a response, It might be possible that the owner or manager of the bakery is paying huge sums to the LASEPA's "oga" at the top. I suggest you report again to the authorities and if nothing happens then you resign yourself to fate. This is Nigeria, most times evil rule over good.
done that already
Re: Please Help!! Toxic Fume From Bakery Posing A Threat To My Neighborhood by SendAbroad: 12:38am On Aug 11, 2019
joecooper:
done that already

Have you met the owners of the bakery to request they channel the smoke in another direction?

(1) (Reply)

How I Permanently Cure My Grandma 30+ Years Of Suffering From Stomach Ulcer Pain / Kayaker, 22, Chose To Have Her Right Leg Amputated After An Accident In The Wate / 3,891 Persons Tested Positive To HIV In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.