Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,286 members, 7,957,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:38 PM

Kenyan Lawmakers Abandon Plenary Over Fart (mess),Order For Air-Freshners. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenyan Lawmakers Abandon Plenary Over Fart (mess),Order For Air-Freshners. (326 Views)

Mandela's Grandchildren Abandon His Home Over Unpaid Electricity Bills / Belarus 'To Join Ukraine ilInvasion' And Preparing For Air Assault On Kyiv / Zambian Minister Suspended For Slapping Lawmaker During Plenary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Lawmakers Abandon Plenary Over Fart (mess),Order For Air-Freshners. by Handsomecole(m): 3:02pm On Aug 10, 2019
A Kenyan regional assembly was forced to adjourn its debate when a whiffy fart was let loose during the plenary.

The fart prompted accusations and counter-accusations at the Homa Bay County assembly on Wednesday.

“Honourable Speaker, one of us has polluted the air and I know who it is,” a lawmaker Julius Gaya told Homa Bay county assembly, accord to BBC.

The lawmaker that was accused of farting immediately denied being responsible.

“I am not the one. I cannot do such a thing in front of my colleagues.”

Wanting to clear the air, reports say the speaker of the assembly Edwin Kakach requested for air freshener to be brought in and asked the lawmakers to take a break.

“Get whatever flavour you will find in any office, whether it’s vanilla or strawberry,” Kakach reportedly said.

“We cannot continue sitting in an environment that smells bad.”

The assembly continued its debate after the smell subsided.

https://m.guardian.ng/life/kenyan-regional-assembly-suspends-debate-over-fart/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://twitter.com/iamkennethcole/status/1160185024299319296?s=08

Re: Kenyan Lawmakers Abandon Plenary Over Fart (mess),Order For Air-Freshners. by Badmanlalajoshi(m): 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2019
Chaiii Africa my Africa
Re: Kenyan Lawmakers Abandon Plenary Over Fart (mess),Order For Air-Freshners. by helinues: 3:14pm On Aug 10, 2019
Too much of githeri causes such fart
Re: Kenyan Lawmakers Abandon Plenary Over Fart (mess),Order For Air-Freshners. by princeade86(m): 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2019
orisirisi.
Re: Kenyan Lawmakers Abandon Plenary Over Fart (mess),Order For Air-Freshners. by festacman(m): 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2019

(1) (Reply)

South African Truck Drivers Barred From Driving Through African Countries.videos / What Does Trump's Impeachment Mean, And What Happens Next? / Who Is The Terrorist , The US Or Iran ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.