Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC (19159 Views)

Abia Secondary School Teachers Lament Over 70 Percent Pay Cut As Few Of 18months / Paid Salaries: Disagreement With FG Not Over, ASUU President Tells Members / In Abia, Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by dimusky: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2019
Abia state is cursed with bad leaders. Good State with wicked rulers and miserable pot bellied supporters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Okoroawusa: 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2019
veesion:

Who join you dey suffer
You just displayed sheer ignorance here and
You even get mouth to mention the word sense lol
Like I said before rigging and high profile bribery was institutionalized by obj, we had Orji uzor but by the time the people realized their errors orji rigged his chief of staff in against the people's choice,the weak institutions of the day could not help the masses,and that is the case all over the country ,some states were lucky to have gotten better governors along the line ,but Abia hasn't as a matter of fact
Tell me who deserves to suffer if not you and your people that voted the world wide embarrassment we have today in Aso Rock,the evil you sowed will always come back to you bitter soul,shebi they have infiltrated your highways and forests.
Una don recorver?...I didn't see any of you at the beginning of the thread

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by damade16(m): 9:55pm On Aug 10, 2019
selingel:
The Abia State Chairman of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Uchenna Obigwe, says the organised labour in the state had issued a seven-day ultimatum to the state government ahead of an imminent strike over the unpaid arrears of workers’ salaries and allowances in the state.

The ultimatum was contained in a statement jointly issued in Umuahia on Friday by the NLC, Joint Negotiating Council and Trade Union Congress. The group said that the ultimatum was a prelude to an impending strike.

It warned that labour should not be held responsible “for any breach of industrial peace and harmony in the state,” should government fail to address their concerns at the expiration of the ultimatum.

“A labourer deserves his wages,” it stated, adding that the organised labour was not satisfied with the “sectoral pattern of payment of workers’ salaries in the state since the inception of the present administration.”
It also stated that the unwholesome development “has placed an average worker in the state in a beggarly position economically.”

According to a list of the arrears released by the group, primary school teachers were owed three months, while secondary school teachers were last paid in October 2018.

Others include Hospital Management Board (11 months); Abia State Universal Basic Education Board (four months); Abia State University Teaching Hospital, Aba (13 months) and Abia State Polytechnic, Aba, last paid in April 2018, plus partial payment in May, the same year.

The organised labour said that while the senior staff of the College of Health Science, Aba, were owed nine months, their junior counterparts were owed eight months.

Also, Abia College of Education (Technical), Arochukwu were owed 18 months, Abia State University, Uturu (four months); local government workers last paid in March, plus half salary in October 2018.

The rest were State Education Management Board (SEMB) (eight months); Agricultural Development Programme (14 months), Ministries of Agriculture and Lands, Survey and Urban Planning, one month, respectively.

Labour also said that some agencies of government, including the state Library Board, secondary school teachers, SEMB and Abia Council for Arts and Culture were owed arrears of the N18,000 minimum wage, ranging from 10 to 14 months.

It regretted that while the 2017 leave allowances were partially paid, the 2018 and 2019 allowances had yet to be paid.

It further expressed concern over the government’s failure to pay pensions as and when due, adding that only a few pensioners were paid in November 2017.
It also said that retired civil servants were last paid gratuity in 1999, saying that the development was tantamount to “mercy killing.”

The group further sought explanations on how
Governor Okezie Ikpeazu ’s administration implemented the third and last tranches of the Paris Club refund to the state.

“We are worried over the non-implementation of this directive for the benefit of the workers in the state,” it said. (NAN).

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/345885-in-abia-secondary-school-teachers-were-last-paid-salaries-october-2018-nlc.html
Where are dis IPOB Zombies? As far as it is PDP, It's a welcome development

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by texas1990(m): 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2019
midolian:
That is the problem with all these abOki states..

If it were in the S/East now, we know how to deal with our leaders.
walai nobody fit take this in South east, it can only happen in north or in South west, we too much here in East, mumu set of people's calling themselves zoobiafran.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by texas1990(m): 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2019
damade16:
are u minding them, let this happen in other region like north or south west come see talk them go open their can of worms they called mouth to they talk rubbish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by texas1990(m): 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2019
abeg where is these useless IPOB and rebbles leaders called themselves zoobiafrans? if this kind things happen in another region now like north or south west come see talk,
anyway na tinubu Cox am if not tinubu that embezzle their more they would have paid their workers, yeye people's mumu. come open that ur dirty mouth talk about afonja's here, stupid people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Exodora: 10:15pm On Aug 10, 2019
ednut1:
Yet they voted him for 2nd term. I served there ochendo too used to owe.got second term and senate. Cursed state

Am currently serving there , am seeing hell already , and when my cousin that is serving in Akwa Ibo tells me about the enjoyment he is enjoying I feel like maybe my own service is different from other corps member own. The state is cursed indeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Brugo(m): 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2019
veesion:

How can one expect love from an ignorant bitter soul living in SHIIT HOLE country

E dakun! What is this thing quoting me? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Lionofdjungle: 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2019
midolian:

Is Abia not a South East state? If you don't know, it is an Igbo state carved out of Imo state. A primary school pupil knows that. embarassed
Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by bencynthgreat: 10:39pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ojiofor:

Bencynthgreat here is your performing governor.
U are not even updated asked questions how the salaries are been paid now. it is one month from old one plus the current month. My brother is a civil servant and since June that is how they are been paid. This is d reason why I keep saying other tribes will keep hating on Igbos because when u come and masturbate over ur sister state because u feel ur state is doing better forgetting it is same igbo land. be updated and stop bringing news that has long past
Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by ngadaAwo: 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2019
[s]
Brugo:

E dakun! What is this thing quoting me? undecided
[/s]
Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by bencynthgreat: 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ojiofor:

Bencynthgreat here is your performing governor.
This was before their strike around may. U should have asked if there was an improvement since then instead of bringing news that happened since may

1 Like

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Ojiofor: 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2019
bencynthgreat:

U are not even updated asked questions how the salaries are been paid now. it is one month from old one plus the current month. My brother is a civil servant and since June that is how they are been paid. This is d reason why I keep saying other tribes will keep hating on Igbos because when u come and masturbate over ur sister state because u feel ur state is doing better forgetting it is same igbo land. be updated and stop bringing news that has long past

Can you listen to yourself?
You are one the problems we have in Abia state,If you are comfortable with backwardess and the rot going on in Abia state I am not.
Did you even read the article?The news said Ikpeazu hasn't paid secondary school teachers since october last year by NLC Abia state chapter.
Are you ccurrent more than NLC?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by EmmyDJourno: 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2019
How did the Bastard win a second term

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by bencynthgreat: 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ojiofor:

Can you listen to yourself?
You are one the problems we have in Abia state,If you are comfortable with backwardess and the rot going on in Abia state I am not.
Did you even read the article?The news said Ikpeazu hasn't paid secondary school teachers since october last year by NLC Abia state chapter.
Are you ccurrent more than NLC?
Oga or madam that news was from May before the labour strike. Ask people if he is settling and paying the current month or not. u are d one that is backwards for bringing news that happened since may. See I live here and no one can tell me how things are done. Is he owing? yes but has he started settling the salaries yes. I believe this was not d main issue but u brought this just to sell to people to score cheap. thanks u did well
Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Ojiofor: 11:27pm On Aug 10, 2019
bencynthgreat:

Oga or madam that news was from May before the labour strike. Ask people if he is settling and paying the current month or not. u are d one that is backwards for bringing news that happened since may. See I live here and no one can tell me how things are done. Is he owing? yes but has he started settling the salaries yes. I believe this was not d main issue but u brought this just to sell to people to score cheap. thanks u did well

Bros you are a shameless lier.This is yesterday news and you are here saying its something that happened since may.
Continue to burry your head in the sand like Ostrich.The whole world knows that Ikpeazu is an incompetent thieving fat ugly fool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Unlimitk(m): 11:28pm On Aug 10, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Ogun state since 2015
Hmm

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by deji17: 11:29pm On Aug 10, 2019
veesion:

No place is working in Nigeria don't deceive yourself young man
If you are used to irregularities every body is not try and travel small even if it is Ghana so your brains can open,
TRUMP LUMPED ALL YOUR ASSES UP AND CALLED YOU ALL SHIT HOLES
Your opinion which I don’t share. As for travelling, you have no idea.
Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by TundeBricklayer: 12:05am On Aug 11, 2019
damade16:
Ogun since 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by soso22(m): 12:08am On Aug 11, 2019
They said he go go again my worry is not that he rigged himself in the problem is that his brothers from ngwa extraction are bussy backing him.they dont have road oooooo if you ask them they will say Ikpeazu is working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Sojicool(m): 1:25am On Aug 11, 2019
APC are better some times

3 Likes

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by babeosisi: 4:14am On Aug 11, 2019
Their governor is called Ikpeazu and true to his name he is boarding last

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by McBenedict(f): 4:30am On Aug 11, 2019
And He was voted in again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by juman(m): 4:42am On Aug 11, 2019
Worst governors, you find in south east.
Yiigbo are confused people.
Their biafra would be worst country in africa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Osnuf34(m): 6:17am On Aug 11, 2019
Better late than never
Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Osnuf34(m): 6:19am On Aug 11, 2019
oluxy:
And NLC is just saying it now, imagine.
Better late than never
Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Commentor: 6:28am On Aug 11, 2019
EmmyDJourno:
How did the Bastard win a second term
He's loved in Abia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Commentor: 6:29am On Aug 11, 2019
Sojicool:
APC are better some times

All the time.

1 Like

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by dheilaw1(m): 7:16am On Aug 11, 2019
veesion:

Bitterness kills fast
It has gotten you irredeemably

slowpoke, if it were to be in the west or a nothern state, a foolish you would have started wailing and drinking Cownus urine. Useless tribe to the core

1 Like

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by TundeBricklayer: 8:01am On Aug 11, 2019
Commentor:

He's loved in Abia.
Ogun state is owing 31 months to college workers salary, 52 months for workers arrears grin

1 Like

Re: Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC by Mrbaz1: 8:30am On Aug 11, 2019
midolian:

lol please what are you trying to say

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ICPC Arrests Okoi Obono-Obla / Court Declares Sowore's 2019 Arrest Illegal, Awards Damages Against DSS / Nigeria Struggling To Find Oil Buyers For 30 Cargoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.