Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Software To Learn For Electrical Student - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Software To Learn For Electrical Student (384 Views)

Is Fashion Designing Advisable To Learn For A Male Undergraduate / A Thread For Electrical Engineering Students / 11 Best Places To Learn For Free Online (& Get A Certificate Of Completion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Software To Learn For Electrical Student by jimrealf(m): 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2019
I am an electrical and electronics student. I need advice from professionals in the field. Based on your experience what software or programming language should i learn before i graduate that will help my journey in electronics and control world?
Thanks in advance
Re: Software To Learn For Electrical Student by donpedro11(m): 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2019
jimrealf:
I am an electrical and electronics student. I need advice from professionals in the field. Based on your experience what software or programming language should i learn before i graduate that will help my journey in electronics and control world?
Thanks in advance

Advice or guidance and if possible tutoring?
Re: Software To Learn For Electrical Student by jimrealf(m): 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2019
donpedro11:

Advice or guidance and if possible tutoring?
Advice or guidance. No need for tutoring
Re: Software To Learn For Electrical Student by eeewise(m): 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2019
Nigeria is a bit complicated and there aren't much jobs
But as a student I will advice you learn AutoCAD for designs but don't limit yourself to electrical engineering

Just learn how to design building plans inclusive of electrical house wiring , civil, structural and all

If possible dive a bit into architecture.
Re: Software To Learn For Electrical Student by jimrealf(m): 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2019
Thanks
eeewise:
Nigeria is a bit complicated and there aren't much jobs
But as a student I will advice you learn AutoCAD for designs but don't limit yourself to electrical engineering

Just learn how to design building plans inclusive of electrical house wiring , civil, structural and all

If possible dive a bit into architecture.

Re: Software To Learn For Electrical Student by slimiyke(m): 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2019
Nice question and request ....From my practical experience
I will advise you train yourself on CAD related programmes, Dialux evo, more importantly ABB DOC for real simulation on power distribution

1 Like

Re: Software To Learn For Electrical Student by eeewise(m): 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2019
D reality in Nigerias engineering world is that

It isn't really about your degree ot what u studied but what u can do

D people handling the contracts, doing the jobs aren't even engineers but peeps that stumbled upon or learnt one way or the other

You can google job vacancy for experienced engineers in electrical and see the requirements

That will be a pioneer to d direction you can take
Re: Software To Learn For Electrical Student by slimiyke(m): 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2019
[quote author=slimiyke post=81135316]Nice question and request ....From my practical experience
I will advise you train yourself on CAD related programmes, Dialux evo, more importantly ABB DOC for real simulation on power distribution
If you've seen the new judges quarters built here in rivers state by Gov Nyesom Wike then you will understand how powerful Abb doc is, this is also what I use in doing most of the industrial electrical jobs here Oil&Gas free zone Onne port.

1 Like

Re: Software To Learn For Electrical Student by jimrealf(m): 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2019
slimiyke:
Nice question and request ....From my practical experience

Thanks
Re: Software To Learn For Electrical Student by jimrealf(m): 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2019
[quote author=slimiyke post=81135616][/quote]

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Beginners’ Guide To Graphics Design – All You Need To Know To Get Started / Please Wish Me Well And Encourage Me / Why My Neighbor Thinks I'm A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.