Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,900 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Car Purchase Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Purchase Advise (1050 Views)

Help! I Need Advise On My First Car Purchase / Car Purchase Advice / Salary In Advance And A Quick Car Purchase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Purchase Advise by xristos(m): 10:39pm On Aug 10, 2019
I saw a car to buy.... Renault Laguna II
V6 24v, Wagon, 2005. Auto Transmission.

the owner (female) is frustrated n wants to sell because of auto gearbox issues....also d fact that the brand is not her expectation.

according to the owner, reseller, and mechanics around..they assured me the only issue is the gearbox. every other thing is very sound.
though i haven't tested the AC.

The negotiated price is 350.
The owner claims it's a direct Cotonou purchase.
I have seen the Engine is perfect.
Exterior is 90% good.
Interior is 75% clean
Leather seats.

i planned just replacing the gearbox straightaway, then use a while and sell...or resell.

please lemme know ur thoughts and any common issues you think this model has.
Do you think its a good bargain??
Re: Car Purchase Advise by uboma(m): 11:02pm On Aug 10, 2019
xristos:

the owner (female) is frustrated n wants to sell because of auto gearbox issues....also d fact that the brand is not her expectation.

according to the owner, reseller, and mechanics around..they assured me the only issue is the gearbox. every other thing is very sound.

Exterior is 90% good.
Interior is 75% clean
Leather seats.

i planned just replacing the gearbox straightaway, then use a while and sell...or resell.

How did you deduce that the engine is perfect?

Be informed that the gearbox may not be the only issue with the car. She may also be selling it because it does not have a good fuel economy.

And do not think that it will be easy for you to resell it after sorting out the repairs. The second hand value is poor.

Look out to be sure that it is a factory fitted left hand drive as the converted ones will be more problematic.

1 Like

Re: Car Purchase Advise by xristos(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2019
thanks for ur frank response.

please how can i source for its gearbox in Nigeria
Re: Car Purchase Advise by xristos(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2019
thanks for your candid response.
please where can i source for its gearbox
Re: Car Purchase Advise by nurey(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
xristos:
thanks for your candid response.

please where can i source for its gearbox

if the engine is a V6 you are in luck. it's the ESL 3.0 V6 fitted into Peugeot 406, 407, 605 and some citreon vehicles. I can deduce the gear should be same fitted to the Peugeot, if it's same then you definitely don't want to buy an automatic transmission but a manual transmission.

350k is way too high I can only buy a working unit not more than 250k these one nah apako too expensive for 350k my personal opinion
Re: Car Purchase Advise by Lexusgs430: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2019
xristos:

Exterior is 90% good.
Interior is 75% clean
Leather seats.

The only time to buy a Laguna is when it's brand new, use it for 3/4 years and return back to dealer............

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Has A Nissan Maxima For Sale And Is It A Good Choice Of Car / The Prototype 2021 Toyota Sienna Is A Hybrid Minivan / Tokunbo 2003 Corolla Available For Hire Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.