Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,045 members, 7,828,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad (729 Views)

Pa Adebanjo: At 94 I May Not Be Alive. U're The One To Suffer If You Vote Tinubu / Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now / PDP Won't Suffer If You Leave, Bode George Tells Governor Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad by Odinceblog1: 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2019
According to reports, Dr Ahmad Abubakar Mahmud Gumi, a popular Islamic scholar has warned against a possible disintegration of Nigeria which will leave the north at a disadvantaged spot.

The Islamic scholar noted that there will chaos in the North if the disintegration goes on while the South-West and South-East will be stable.

“I see chaos and probably Nigeria can even disintegrate. And disintegration will be bad for Nigeria,”Gumi told Sun.

“Let me tell you about the North if there is disintegration. The worst thing any country will like is to have an unstable country as a neighbour.

“So, Southwest will be relatively stable; Southeast will be stable, but the North will be volatile. How can we contain Boko Haram in the Northeast? No way. How can we contain the problem of the herdsmen in the North? We cannot contain them.

“In fact, the little weight the Southwest and Southeast are adding to fight them is what is suppressing them, but if you go and leave us with them we will just eat ourselves and you have a very volatile North and I do not think we will have peace there because the borders are not barbed-wires and there are so many inter-marriages.

“In fact, Nigeria will just be like another Lebanon or Yemen. Nobody can control the North because nobody has monopoly of power in the North.

Also Read: Lawmaker beats woman and forces her to go Naked in Akwa-Ibom (Photos)

“The herdsmen, if they have any iota of political acumen, even if they are evil since your man is in power what do you do? You lie low to allow him to have the power.

“You don’t become so virulent that you end up destroying the northern power by attacking people everywhere not caring who is there. Let me tell you this.

“Nobody is in control of the North now. No northern politician has that clout to embrace everybody in the North.

“Everybody in the North is with his clique and that is a very dangerous situation for the country. The Southwest is divided into two equal house and nobody is in control there too, but generally, the people there are not violent.

“They can negotiate and stay in peace. The people of the Southeast seem to understand each other because their own is business.

CONTINUE READING}: https://odinceblog.com/northerners-will-suffer-if-nigeria-breaks-up-dr-ahmad/

Re: Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad by Swegzfreak: 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2019
ok
Re: Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad by Glorymax: 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2019
We can remain one country but let us go regional, develops at ur pace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad by warripekin(m): 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2019
Nigeria was amalgamated as one in 1914. who were the Nigerians there that signed for the north and south to be one. We must discuss Nigeria and at the least go back to regional government or breakup. it's inivitable.
Re: Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad by drips8(m): 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2019
It's a known fact, the region has contributed nothing to nigeria

1 Like

Re: Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad by allcomage: 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2019
The North is already like Afghanistan and Yemen within Nigeria, you can then imagine what it will look like if biafra goes.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad by oluwadabira111(m): 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2019
This man is very educated and what is he said is true.
Re: Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad by Noneroone(m): 12:20am On Aug 12, 2019
Glorymax:
We can remain one country but let us go regional, develops at ur pace
You can remain in Nigeria when others leave.
Re: Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad by dikenelson: 12:31am On Aug 12, 2019
well said but I think the south is tired of staying with people that prefer sending their future to almajiri than a proper school
Re: Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad by nwafor1(m): 12:40am On Aug 12, 2019
grin grin grin grin

Take it or leave it,Odogwu aburokwanu onye afo bear maka n'ana enwe obodo enwe cool cool cool

United nation for the first time referred to us as people from Biafra region. A lot is happening on the background and Nigeria is under serious pressure that's why Osinbajo and Atiku are pleading that Nigeria should not break, before the year runs off you'll hear it.
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu
RBL~10/08/2019

Re: Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad by IGBOSON1: 1:50am On Aug 12, 2019
Noneroone:
You can remain in Nigeria when others leave.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

When the day finally arrives, he would be there shouting 'one Nigeria'! And wondering why he can only hear one other voice besides his own, he looks around only to discover to his horror that everyone has left the hall, leaving only him and the Fulani to continue with Lugards' pipe dream! On sighting an open window, he sees his window of opportunity to escape and makes a dash for it that would impress even Usain Bolt! The Fulani asks him, 'o boy, where you dey run go now?', and with one leg already out the window, he turns round, looks the Fulani dead in the face and says, 'omo, i no do again....you dey craze if you think say na only me and you go dey do 'one Nigeria' wey be say you fit dagger me for nothing and nobody go no say i don kpeme for here! He then lifts the other leg out the window and jumps down to freedom! Running towards the Igbo, Efik, Ijaw, etc, who are already walking out the gate, he waves frantically towards them and shouts, 'make una wait for me oh.....one Nigeria no sweet me again.....wait for me abeg'! shocked

1 Like

Re: Northerners Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Up – Dr. Ahmad by Mynd44: 2:07am On Aug 12, 2019

(1)

El-zakzaky Cries Out, Indian Hospital Condition Worse Than Prison / Open Letter To SARS And EFCC / Maina’s Name Disappears From Watch List, N2bn Case Dropped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.