Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:03 AM

A New Reality Show For Teachers Is Running As We Speak - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A New Reality Show For Teachers Is Running As We Speak (551 Views)

The Ai-enabled Teachers Free Training For Teachers Is Here! / The World Is Running Out Of Sand And The Repercussions Are Drastic (Photos) / Kaduna Teachers----is The Examiner (marker) Competent To Mark???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Reality Show For Teachers Is Running As We Speak by Sunsets: 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
Culled from their website:
www.teachersrealitytvshow.com.ng

"This Reality TV Show tends to bring out all about the life of a teacher. Our aim is the create a paradigm shift in the way teachers are perceived in the country. We want teachers to be first class citizens just like in the developed countries of the world. Teachers make other profession possible, why can’t they be given the right recognition and supported. This reality TV show tends to correct that."

My take:
For those of us who have cursed, rued and cried that a show such as BigBrother Nigeria is running against a more 'cerebral' endeavour, this is an opportunity for you to pour the energy reserved for BBN vituperation into promoting this well thought out reality TV show. Visit their website; watch them on Silverbird TV by 8:30pm. Just watched it this Sunday, not sure it runs daily.

Now to the big corporations: this programme has no sponsor yet. Go and sponsor it.

To the moderators:
Push this to front page as tour contribution to education in Nigeria and help to relegate BBN to the background.

I don't want to see any one condemn BBN on a BBN thread; please redirect that energy to TRTS.

Finally, no society has developed beyond the level of their education. No activity has engineered development the way education does it. Why then pay lip service to education. Voting less than six percent of our GDP to education versus the twenty-six percent recommended by the UN doesn't cut it.

Below are the contestants.

1 Share

Re: A New Reality Show For Teachers Is Running As We Speak by Sunsets: 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
Other contestants
Sunsets:
Culled from their website:
www.teachersrealitytvshow.com.ng

"This Reality TV Show tends to bring out all about the life of a teacher. Our aim is the create a paradigm shift in the way teachers are perceived in the country. We want teachers to be first class citizens just like in the developed countries of the world. Teachers make other profession possible, why can’t they be given the right recognition and supported. This reality TV show tends to correct that."

My take:
For those of us who have cursed, rued and cried that a show such as BigBrother Nigeria is running against a more 'cerebral' endeavour, this is an opportunity for you to pour the energy reserved for BBN vituperation into promoting this well thought out reality TV show. Visit their website; watch them on Silverbird TV by 8:30pm. Just watched it this Sunday, not sure it runs daily.

Now to the big corporations: this programme has no sponsor yet. Go and sponsor it.

To the moderators:
Push this to front page as tour contribution to education in Nigeria and help to relegate BBN to the background.

I don't want to see any one condemn BBN on a BBN thread; please redirect that energy to TRTS.

Finally, no society has developed beyond the level of their education. No activity has engineered development the way education does it. Why then pay lip service to education. Voting less than six percent of our GDP to education versus the twenty-six percent recommended by the UN doesn't cut it.

Below are the contestants.

Re: A New Reality Show For Teachers Is Running As We Speak by Sunsets: 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2019
There are fifteen contestants. More...The convener deserves support. The programme deserves support.
Sunsets:
Other contestants

Re: A New Reality Show For Teachers Is Running As We Speak by Sunsets: 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2019
Let me add that some contestants are already under probation and are facing possible eviction this week. Vote to keep your favourite housemate in the house. Selah
Sunsets:
There are fifteen contestants. More...The convener deserves support. The programme deserves support.
Re: A New Reality Show For Teachers Is Running As We Speak by tck2000(m): 10:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
Wow,i love this.
Re: A New Reality Show For Teachers Is Running As We Speak by jaymee0(m): 11:40pm On Aug 11, 2019
Nice concept... We should all support this.
Re: A New Reality Show For Teachers Is Running As We Speak by sirqeeboi(m): 8:47am On Aug 12, 2019
Dis is Good.
Re: A New Reality Show For Teachers Is Running As We Speak by MsFaith: 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
This is good............
Re: A New Reality Show For Teachers Is Running As We Speak by vbest(m): 8:18am On Aug 19, 2019
Press Release
An evictee's Vision of a Reality Show

I came, I saw, I was too hot to handle.

So I was among the "privileged" 15 Nigerian Teachers' who were voted in, at massive costs, into the first Teachers'Reality TV Show in Nigeria. I stayed in the house for five days before being evicted on grounds that are not too clear and I am a sore loser.

It was an exciting 5 days which proved to be an immense and exciting experience.

I appreciate the intention behind the show; celebrating teachers! However in the course of celebrating teachers we are reinforcing archaic stereotypes of the teaching profession.

For teachers to be more respected we need to unshackle our minds from the thought that they must dress or act in a certain old fashioned way.

There is a need to acknowledge a new generation of thinkers and teachers who believe teachers should not be boring and that being fun and creative is not synonymous with stupidity or inefficiency. On the flip side, being hard and mean is also not synonymous with being intelligent or efficient.

The organizers of the show need to do more in-depth research and be more innovative in their quest to make Teachers'Reality TV Show something we all look forward to.

I thank all those who invested their hard earned resources to vote for me and make me top of the contenders. It was not in vain, the judges had the veto power.

I wish all house mates success in the rest of the show.

Steve Ogah

Media and Communication Manager
For Namse Peter Udosen

(1) (Reply)

Admission Seekers Asked Not To Use JAMB CAPS Mobile Apps For Checking Details. / Fayemi Appoints New Provost For College Of Education / Tuition Fees Increment In University Of Maiduguri A Threat To National Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.