Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho (26024 Views)

Any Coach That Assembles Such A Team Can Lead A Troop To War(photo) / Mourinho: Man City's 'B Team' Is Better Than Man Utd Or Chelsea! / First Team Suspended As Sporting CP Will Be Force To Field B Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by uncleklaus: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2019
Monday's ACCUMULATORS

⚽ 5 game
⚡ 10/1 odds
⏰ 12:30AM kick-off

VIEW MORE▶️

www.tetepredict.com

#MUNCHE #MondayMotivation
#TheFiend #EidAlAdha

(+18)

1 Share

Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by dotedote: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2019
Keshe50:
Mourinho is high on weed....how can man city team B win the EPL wen the first team is winning it in the last day of the season

The meaning is that the 2nd team is better than all y'all 1st teams.
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by martineverest(m): 10:25am On Aug 12, 2019
Tonymegabush1:
Noted...

Inasmuch as city, liverpool and spurs has to their advantage some level of stability no team is a push over in this league and couple with the fact its a long run till may next year......

What i saw yesterday in
Chelsea or Manchester United fan spotted
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by Angelfrost(m): 10:27am On Aug 12, 2019
He is not wrong in his estimation of City... But, his hate for his former club is quite real and childish.

Does he actually expect us to overlook his role in United's abysmal last season?... This man's arrogance is stale and will keep him unemployed for a long time to come... Till Guardiola and others overtake his achievements.

For those kids that feel Mourinho can do no wrong, I don't hate him (I'm actually one of the few who still respect his renown), just feel he lacked complete objectivity yesterday, in not giving proper due credit to his successor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by Angelfrost(m): 10:29am On Aug 12, 2019
VeteranOG:
This man is fast becoming an endangered specie with his ultra defensive tactics.... No reasonable "Big club" want him now... Before it use to be Mourinho vs Guardiola/rest of the world... Now we have Guardiola vs klopp, pochettino, Emery, solksjaer, lampard, Silva etc.. young progressive, attacking coaches...

Go back to Italy baba, you can still thrive there, or one last adventure at PSG...

Still a proud Team Mourinho tho, don't blame me, I don't like anything "Guardiola"...

Baba always in the News...

PSG won't touch that old man with a long rod... He has ceased to be PSG standard. Guardiola is who they are waiting for... Italy will be more of his spec.
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by uunwanaobong3: 10:37am On Aug 12, 2019
THIS ONE NO BE PLAY OOOO. MANCITY GET A, B AND C TEAM OOO. BOTH TEAM A AND B CAN COMFORTABLY WIN THE LEAGUE, WHILE TEAM C CAN ENTER TOP 4.

MANCITY TEAM A:

Keeper

Ederson

defence

Walker
Otamendi
Larporte
Mendy

Midfield

Rodri
Debrune
D. Silver

Attack

Benard silva
Aguero
Stirling

MANCITY B TEAM

Keeper

Bravo

defence

Cancelo
Carcia
Stone
Zinchenko

Midfield

Fernandinho
Gundoga
Foden

Attack

Mehrez
Jesus
Sane

MANCITY C TEAM

KEEPER

Scot carson

Defence

Angelino

6 Likes

Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by Cantonese: 10:46am On Aug 12, 2019
ogbiwa:
Jose Mourinho says Man City B team have more chance of winning the Premier League title than Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Jose Mourinho believes that Manchester City’s second team would stand a better chance of winning the Premier League than Manchester United.

Mourinho, who left his role as United manager last season, also ruled out any hope of his former club Chelsea toppling City as champions.

Asked who had the resources to challenge for the title this season, Mourinho told Sky Sports: “Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool and Man City B team.

When I looked at the bench [against West Ham], the players not involved, I think the [City] B team could fight for the title.”

Mourinho, who was working as a pundit for United’s 4-0 thrashing of Chelsea at Old Trafford , added: “We would love United, Chelsea and Arsenal to also be at that level, it would be something incredible.

“But we are speaking about a team that won everything in England, we are speaking about the European champion and the European runner-up.

Then we are talking about United sixth, and playing Europa League and Arsenal fifth and Europa League too.”

Mourinho said that a realistic ambition for United this campaign would be to emulate his achievement with them of winning Europe’s second-tier club competition. “As a start you need to win the Europa League,” he said. “When you go to a competition like that, you have to win. If they finish in the top four [in the league], it is a good season.”

He was optimistic about his former player Frank Lampard’s hopes of succeeding as Chelsea manager, despite defeat in his first competitive game in charge.

“What Frank was as a player – does this give him a capital of trust, especially in a relationship with the fans?” Mourinho said. “Yes, it does. By having Frank in place now, they didn’t buy players, but they bought time. I think he will get the time that other managers may not have.”

On the other title contenders, Mourinho said: “I don’t see also Arsenal to [last] a title race, but I think Tottenham has to join it.”

Fellow Sky pundit Gary Neville agreed regarding his former club United, blaming frequent changes of philosophy for their problems. “I don’t see United winning the title,” he said. “As a United fan all, I want them to do is to create a strategy and stick to it.

“They sacked David Moyes, then LVG [Louis van Gaal] came in, a lot of technical possession players to fit his model. Then they sacked him.

“Jose came in, signed [Eric] Bailly, [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic – very physical – gave him a new contract, then cut that path short. Then [Ole Gunnar] Solskjaer has come in with British players. Four different strategies. Don’t keep changing all the time. ”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/11/jose-mourinho-says-man-city-b-team-have-chance-winning-title/

Carry your yeye analysis Mr. Mourinho. In fact now you are a B team coach. Arsenal year bro.
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by sssoulw(m): 10:52am On Aug 12, 2019
fact!
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by Tammynator(m): 11:40am On Aug 12, 2019
This man could not even hide his hate! Too bad, he will end up hurting himself.
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by Tammynator(m): 11:43am On Aug 12, 2019
Angelfrost:
He is not wrong in his estimation of City... But, his hate for his former club is quite real and childish.

Does he actually expect us to overlook his role in United's abysmal last season?... This man's arrogance is stale and will keep him unemployed for a long time to come... Till Guardiola and others overtake his achievements.

For those kids that feel Mourinho can do no wrong, I don't hate him (I'm actually one of the few who still respect his renown), just feel he lacked complete objectivity yesterday, in not giving proper due credit to his successor.
Sir, Guardiola has already overtaken that garrulous man.

1 Like

Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by Angelfrost(m): 11:47am On Aug 12, 2019
Tammynator:

That's sweet to know. I hope other young coaches do the same... Let him keep believing his own stale hype.
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by Jokerman(m): 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
Tammynator:

Which just 1 trophy??
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by henryhemon(m): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
If Arsenal get their first team together, they will definitely compete. But man city and liverpool for the title.
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by henryhemon(m): 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
uunwanaobong3:
THIS ONE NO BE PLAY OOOO. MANCITY GET A, B AND C TEAM OOO. BOTH TEAM A AND B CAN COMFORTABLY WIN THE LEAGUE, WHILE TEAM C CAN ENTER TOP 4.

MANCITY TEAM A:

Keeper

Ederson

defence

Walker
Otamendi
Larporte
Mendy

Midfield

Rodri
Debrune
D. Silver

Attack

Benard silva
Aguero
Stirling

MANCITY B TEAM

Keeper

Bravo

defence

Cancelo
Carcia
Stone
Zinchenko

Midfield

Fernandinho
Gundoga
Foden

Attack

Mehrez
Jesus
Sane

MANCITY C TEAM

KEEPER

Scot carson

Defence

Angelino

Cancelo is in the first team. Mendy can never be ahead of him. Cancelo is a baller no left back in England comes close to him. You won't believe he is defender when he attacks.
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by Blabbermouth: 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
Jokerman:

Which just 1 trophy??
Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
martineverest:
Chelsea or Manchester United fan spotted

The #Or in ur statement means u are not even sure of ur self if i tell u say wolves fit win this league wud u believe me
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by PapaAdanna: 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2019
Loud mouthed mofo
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by laycon77: 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
He spoke the truth...That team is complete

2 Likes

Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by emmy4life02(m): 3:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
sexyking1:
E go red for his eyes! A coach that can't secure a job after 1year of sack dat one Na coach?
That one no be coach n he won 3 trophy for ur pitiable club. The most trophy won be a manager since Ferguson
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by sexyking1: 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
emmy4life02:

That one no be coach n he won 3 trophy for ur pitiable club. The most trophy won be a manager since Ferguson
E pain am tongue tongue tongue
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by taf4u4me(m): 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
ogbiwa:
Jose Mourinho says Man City B team have more chance of winning the Premier League title than Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Jose Mourinho believes that Manchester City’s second team would stand a better chance of winning the Premier League than Manchester United.

Mourinho, who left his role as United manager last season, also ruled out any hope of his former club Chelsea toppling City as champions.

Asked who had the resources to challenge for the title this season, Mourinho told Sky Sports: “Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool and Man City B team.

When I looked at the bench [against West Ham], the players not involved, I think the [City] B team could fight for the title.”

Mourinho, who was working as a pundit for United’s 4-0 thrashing of Chelsea at Old Trafford , added: “We would love United, Chelsea and Arsenal to also be at that level, it would be something incredible.

“But we are speaking about a team that won everything in England, we are speaking about the European champion and the European runner-up.

Then we are talking about United sixth, and playing Europa League and Arsenal fifth and Europa League too.”

Mourinho said that a realistic ambition for United this campaign would be to emulate his achievement with them of winning Europe’s second-tier club competition. “As a start you need to win the Europa League,” he said. “When you go to a competition like that, you have to win. If they finish in the top four [in the league], it is a good season.”

He was optimistic about his former player Frank Lampard’s hopes of succeeding as Chelsea manager, despite defeat in his first competitive game in charge.

“What Frank was as a player – does this give him a capital of trust, especially in a relationship with the fans?” Mourinho said. “Yes, it does. By having Frank in place now, they didn’t buy players, but they bought time. I think he will get the time that other managers may not have.”

On the other title contenders, Mourinho said: “I don’t see also Arsenal to [last] a title race, but I think Tottenham has to join it.”

Fellow Sky pundit Gary Neville agreed regarding his former club United, blaming frequent changes of philosophy for their problems. “I don’t see United winning the title,” he said. “As a United fan all, I want them to do is to create a strategy and stick to it.

“They sacked David Moyes, then LVG [Louis van Gaal] came in, a lot of technical possession players to fit his model. Then they sacked him.

“Jose came in, signed [Eric] Bailly, [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic – very physical – gave him a new contract, then cut that path short. Then [Ole Gunnar] Solskjaer has come in with British players. Four different strategies. Don’t keep changing all the time. ”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/11/jose-mourinho-says-man-city-b-team-have-chance-winning-title/

thunder fire you there... Were you able to win the EPL for them when you were there... Hypocrite
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by taf4u4me(m): 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
ogbiwa:

thunder kill you there... Were you able to win the so called tittle for them when you were there... Hypocrite
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by yungolumix112(m): 10:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
Jose don get high
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 12, 2019
sexyking1:

Who tell u dat one? And u forgot when he said he can't wait to return to coaching? Dude is seriously searching for job even in his hometown portugal grin
Shebi you get Google?
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by encryptjay(m): 3:30am On Aug 13, 2019
When I saw the dangerous players on city's bench against West Ham, me sef off.
Mou is a savage sha grin
Can United fans shut up already?
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by prof12(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2019
What is this man smoking?
Or may be he is talking about premier league B
Re: Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho by jaybee(f): 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2019
ogbiwa:

Unfortunately the telegraph UK did not catch the drift here. Mourinho was referring to Man-U when he said "mancity team B"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Win Daily By Single Bet(1.3 - 2 Odds) / Asisat Oshoala Named African Footballer Of The Year For A Record 5th Time. / Nigerian Players To Have Won CAF Champions League Title With Non-nigerian Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.