Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Advice Needed - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advice Needed (536 Views)

Expert Advice Needed: Between Getting Land To Build Or Buying A House In Abuja / Advice Needed: He Wants To Buy Land In Abuja. / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by galaxi(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
I need advice from matured minds.

Few years ago i constructed the below four(4) bedrooms bungalow and due to the fact that i was a very young man i never thought about a duplex then.

Recently,I decided to build a security house/guest house and majority of my family members and friends started saying that the guest house would have been more befitting for a duplex compared to my bungalow.

Honestly,i gave it a thought and it have been giving me sleepless nights.
please i seek for advice,is it right to proceed and upgrade the bungalow to a duplex?

I already decked the kitchen,front and back veranda for security reasons during construction.

I have contacted an architect already but will stick to the advice i will get in this forum,i do not want to make mistakes.

Re: Advice Needed by galaxi(m): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
this is also the image of the second building.

Re: Advice Needed by tevanso(m): 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2019
Yes u can covert it to a duplex but alot of structure works have to be done before u can raise it. U have to redesign it from scratch.
Re: Advice Needed by galaxi(m): 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
yes,i have already contacted an architect to redesign it,but still very confused whether to proceed.

tevanso:
Yes u can covert it to a duplex but alot of structure works have to be done before u can raise it. U have to redesign it from scratch.
Re: Advice Needed by topsy23: 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
Nice structure but converting the security/
guest house to duplex will require a lot of modifications and demolition.. God will help you in achieving all these..

Our major service is Electrical Design and installations.. You can contact us on
08033643191, 08051750560
Whatsapp no. 08033643191
Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
My kind advice is stick to what you have. Duplex isn't as sweet as you see it. Just stick to what you want and do live your life to please people. Trust me it get to a point in life you will find it difficult to even go through the stress of climbing the stairs.
Re: Advice Needed by galaxi(m): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
Thank you for your advice.

justjeff:
My kind advice is stick to what you have. Duplex isn't as sweet as you see it. Just stick to what you want and do live your life to please people. Trust me it get to a point in life you will find it difficult to even go through the stress of climbing the stairs.
Re: Advice Needed by MrMcJay(m): 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
Instead of duplex, you can make it a penthouse bungalow.

Something like thesw

Nb: These designs was gotten here on Nairaland

(1) (Reply)

Cheap 7 Bedroom Duplex For Sale In Abakiliki, Ebonyi State Capital / For Sale In Lekki Ph. 1 Massion - 7bedrooms Fully Detached House + 4rooms / This Is A 4bedroom Bungalow Design For A 8.5m Estimate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.