Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings (42609 Views)

5 Tie Colours That Can Enhance A Man’s Suit / See The Wedding Dress A Nigerian Designer Reportedly Collected N1.8m To Make / Bride Rocks Revealing Wedding Dress And People Are Talking About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by ICCtestimony(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
Meaning that white is for virgins and black is opposite right
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by kolafolabi(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
paddyofboss:
So u expect the great Nwamaikpe to comment on this trash.
Jupiter's Co.rk

I am OK once commented. We have best brains here so we should rather focus on others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
I dare not open my mouth and tell my mother I want to use Black on my wedding day ,d kind of slap I will receive ehn
Pls op this choices are for Western countries not Nigeria o ,cos in Nigeria it's not only the bride and groom getting married o ,every single family member is also getting married .
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by sisisioge: 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
The ivory rocks...groovy!

1 Like

Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by capitalzero: 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
sagytariustm:
cheesy
White gowns mean you got married as a virgin; while non-white means you got married disvirgined. lipsrsealed

By the way I'm looking for a wife material, 100yards. if you are, kindly slide in.

it is not true.
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by Ayoslimzy(m): 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
kaziblake:
I like the champagne colour.. Hubby take note
ok
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by RexTramadol1: 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
kaziblake:

I'm thinking about it jare
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by gabsmilez(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
hitng1:
When you think about a wedding gown, you probably imagine a pristine white dress. However, other wedding dress colours like blue and pink are also very popular among brides around the world.

But what does each wedding dress colour mean? Check out the meaning behind common wedding gown colours!

1. White
White wedding dresses were popularized by Queen Victoria and her followers. The brilliant white colour used to symbolize purity and the once-in-a-life time occasion that a wedding is supposed to be. Today, however, white in wedding gowns has nearly lost its original meaning and is now simply a popular and traditional colour.

[img]https://hitng.files./2019/08/wedding-dress-1.jpg[/img]

2. Ivory
These days, ivory wedding dresses can rightfully compete in popularity with white gowns. More and more designers skip the traditional diamond white and opt for ivory in their collections. For many centuries, ivory wedding gowns symbolized elegance and noble origins.

[img]https://hitng.files./2019/08/wedding-dress-2.jpg[/img]

3. Champagne
Champagne-coloured wedding gowns are slightly similar to ivory dresses but have a noticeably deeper shade. A champagne wedding gown is a great option if you are dreaming of a vintage-inspired wedding. It’s also a rather conservative choice that is often preferred by the nobility.

[img]https://hitng.files./2019/08/wedding-dress-3.jpg[/img]

4. Black
As a total opposite of classic white wedding dresses, a black wedding gown is the best option for a bride with a strong and unusual taste. A black gown will certainly make you stand out, so it’s a good idea to choose a striking design and make your accessories pop against the black background.

[img]https://hitng.files./2019/08/wedding-dress-4.jpg[/img]

5. Blush Pink
Blush pink wedding dresses look simply adorable. They are a fantastic option if you cherish the early stages of your relationship and want to keep those delicate and slightly native memories in your heart for a long time.

[img]https://hitng.files./2019/08/wedding-dress-5.jpg[/img]

6. Green
No matter which shade of green you pick for your wedding dress, your choice will reveal you as a modern, forward-thinking, and nature-loving individual. Green wedding gowns work particularly well with various floral designs, which are very popular at many weddings.

[img]https://hitng.files./2019/08/wedding-dress-6.jpg[/img]

7. Dark Blue
Wearing a royal blue or sapphire blue wedding dress is an easy way to tell everyone that you have traditional views on family, marriage, and life. Dark blue gowns are often the preferred option for brides who are fascinated with the past and feel like they should have been born in another era.

[img]https://hitng.files./2019/08/wedding-dress-7.jpg[/img]

8. Silver
You may think that a silver wedding gown is a great option if you want to stand out at your own wedding, but the truth is that a silver dress can help you achieve much more. It’s a sophisticated colour that tells everyone you have an expensive taste but prefer not to flaunt it.

[img]https://hitng.files./2019/08/wedding-dress-8.jpg[/img]

9. Gold
Gold, on the other hand, is the best way of telling everyone you can afford a lot and not afraid to show it. Gold wedding gowns give you a warm glow, but they also evoke tradition and a vintage feel in a way that few other wedding dress colours can.

[img]https://hitng.files./2019/08/wedding-dress-9.jpg[/img]

10. Red
When you wear a red gown to your own wedding, you instantly tell everyone that your relationship is filled with passion and desire. Deep shades of red demonstrate your independent character, while lighter, coral red shades make it clear that you have a free spirit and love fashion trends.

[img]https://hitng.files./2019/08/wedding-dress-10.jpg[/img]

https://www.hitng.info/2019/08/wedding-dress-colours-and-their-meanings.html

i will shoot my ex if i see her on white gown cus i dont dig that place tire
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
kaziblake:
He has surely taken note now dearie.
Keep up your beauty beautiful Angel.
kiss
Hubby will surely come at the right time.
You deserve the best!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
I'll go for d ivory, silver or blue.
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by sagytariustm: 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
capitalzero:

it is not true.
That's the truth bro. Ask momma.
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by paddyofboss(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
kolafolabi:

I am OK once commented. We have best brains here so we should rather focus on others.
That dead suya meat guy. But y
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by shumuel(m): 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2019
This thread should had graced FP on a saturday.

All my ladies, Check my signature Biko

Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by GeneralPula: 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2019
Accountantgener:
A nairalander who claims to sell data,he is a scammer I just sent the sum of 5,000naira to him today and he gave me a non existing code to use in checking my data balance which is *131*65*2*1*2# and that code does not actually exist,his real names are AGU KENECHUKWU,ACCESS BANK, A/C NOS IS 0761393797 and his phone number is 09065287121 Pls share this message across to everyone until the whole world gets it to help a neighbour avoid been scammed online.

The moment you see this, you’re suppose to turn AT&T....Rethink!
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by ngadaAwo: 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
GeneralPula:

The moment you see this, you’re suppose to turn AT&T....Rethink!
[/s]
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by Howellz(m): 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2019
The Colour does not matter to me... What's most important is a fruitful and happy life after the wedding...
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by Nmezor(f): 6:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
Black sure pass, just kidding.... its beautiful tho
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by Strawman: 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
Accountantgener:
A nairalander who claims to sell data,he is a scammer I just sent the sum of 5,000naira to him today and he gave me a non existing code to use in checking my data balance which is *131*65*2*1*2# and that code does not actually exist,his real names are AGU KENECHUKWU,ACCESS BANK, A/C NOS IS 0761393797 and his phone number is 09065287121 Pls share this message across to everyone until the whole world gets it to help a neighbour avoid been scammed online.

Report this to his bank with his account details. If available, give them any evidence that he did what you claim he did.
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by Lugianostar(m): 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
Beautiful cataloque of wedding gowns for women perusal.

Ladies dreams!!!
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by upower123(m): 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
Accountantgener:
this are the people spoiling the name of Nigeria.... If it is a foreign forum now they will say Nigerians are scammer... be careful next time...
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by capitalzero: 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
sagytariustm:
That's the truth bro. Ask momma.

it is not true. Queen Victoria of England popularized you use of white gown for wedding. it has nothing to do with virginity. it is British culture . evidence of virginity in our culture is blood-tainted white handkerchief that husband will show his in-law following day.
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by Legendguru: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
hmmm
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by ibdavidson: 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
angry grin ;Dbaba u get mouth. Very funny
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Just as the post says, white wedding gown signifies purity especially for the bride with an unbroken kpekus.

Unfortunately most Nigerian girls only deserve to wear a black wedding gown as a result of the dilapidated, wrecked, and sorry state of the kpekus they are bringing to the table.

It is deceptive for a bride to wear white on her wedding having lost count of the numbers of dickson that has marked the attendance register
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by citruslimited(m): 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
Just for wedding.

Its not about the colour its about the married life
And how they can live in peace and harmony with each other !
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by Advancedman(m): 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
Me mixture of all
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by churchkilo(m): 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
I THINK I LIKE THE BLUE COLOUR
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by kaziblake(f): 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
post=81190169:

He has surely taken note now dearie.
Keep up your beauty beautiful Angel.
kiss
Hubby will surely come at the right time.
You deserve the best!
Awwn thanks so much smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by Shalommy(f): 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ivory is cool.
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by Lamasta(m): 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
At the end LOVE IS ALL THAT MATTERS not the wedding gown colour
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by frozen70(f): 9:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Just as the post says, white wedding gown signifies purity especially for the bride with an unbroken kpekus.

[sup][/su
Unfortunately most Nigerian girls only deserve to wear a black wedding gown as a result of the dilapidated, wrecked, and sorry state of the kpekus they are bringing to the table.

It is deceptive for a bride to wear white on her wedding having lost count of the numbers of dickson that has marked the attendance register

Who released you from your shakels ❓
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by noble2faith(m): 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
kaziblake:

noted
Re: Wedding Dress Colours And Their Meanings by noble2faith(m): 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
gabsmilez:
i will shoot my ex if i see her on white gown cus i dont dig that place tire

You quoted the whole article just because you wanted to say the bolded?

Something must be wrong with you!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander Wore A Dress Made With Newspapers (hit Or Miss) Pic / Can You Rock These Ankara Ball Dresses For Your Events / Mireia Lalaguna, Crowned Miss World 2015 Contest Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.