Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Obasanjo Was Behind My Impeachment – Ex Gov Ladoja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Was Behind My Impeachment – Ex Gov Ladoja (579 Views)

Ribadu Later Realised Obasanjo Was Using Him –soyinka / Buhari Will Not Force My Impeachment Illegally - Fayose / Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Was Behind My Impeachment – Ex Gov Ladoja by MiKenny(f): 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2010
Your Excellency, let’s go to the impeachment because it actually occurred.

Yes, the issue of the impeachment actually was the turned out of the Third Term issue.

How?

You see Chief Obasanjo, I went to see him in Ota. I told him that I was hearing about this Third Term thing. He said don’t worry yourself, it is not true. I said I would have wondered because, even the one you have now you were not qualified for it! He said what do you mean by I’m not qualified for it? Am I not a Nigerian? I said you are a Nigerian but you know Sir, in a civilian regime, presidency is reserved for the politicians. I said you are not a politician! We came to call you.

I said secondly anybody who wants to contest for presidency should have tons and tons of money on his own to start spending before other people come to join him to assist. I said you had no money!

I said Sir, thirdly, people say that charity begins at home and I said you can’t win councillorship in Abeokuta now! I said you know that.

What made you that bold?

Because he’s my friend! I have known him a long time. You see, one thing there is that, I may be naïve but at my age, what else do you expect me to do. To be telling lies? I told all that I knew and he said okay, okay, thank you very much.

But when I got home that night, Governor Gbenga Daniel called me and said: You came to Ota today, I said yes. You came to see Baba, I said yes. He asked: What did you discuss with him? I told him and he said oh, yeh, yeh, he said Oun ma so e die dun arinle (that he was going to ground you). I said okay if God gives him the power to do that.

So, the game started. Everybody knows that democracy is a game with rules. Just like you know, when I got wind of the impeachment, I made sure that they did not have two-third. Because when you are unable to have two-third, you cannot gather impeachment (laughs). So with all the efforts, just as if I was able to pick at the offset, and at the end of the day they said go and see baba (Obasanjo).

One thing that really affected my fighting spirit was the death of my people on the 30th of October, 2005 when we were coming from the burial of Stella (Obasanjo). Two people that were particularly close to me: Dr. Ladojo, who was my personal physician and …. That disrupted my fighting spirit and by the time I recovered from the shock, they had mounted it. But I said you cannot do it because you cannot have two-third.

You know that they came to invade the secretariat on the 2nd of December 2005, baba (Adedibu) led the police and all of them came to invade the secretariat and the Governor’s Office was destroyed partially, my deputy, the incumbent governor, was in his office. And I called him to ask; “Bayo, what are you doing in that office? Please get out of the place and come to the Government House that before they entered into the Government House they would know how to defend it”.

He said okay sir. That was the last time we talked before the impeachment. Even before the impeachment, during the impeachment and when we came back, that was the last time we talked.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/
Re: Obasanjo Was Behind My Impeachment – Ex Gov Ladoja by Dsense(m): 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2010
We still have to believe that this so called ''Obasanjo'' is still the nigerian president up till date.No doubt!!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Was Behind My Impeachment – Ex Gov Ladoja by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2010
If Ladoja actually said all that, then he deserved more than just a mere impeachment
Re: Obasanjo Was Behind My Impeachment – Ex Gov Ladoja by MiKenny(f): 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2010
I was surprise to read this too considering the kind of humility he showed, can he realy look into OBJ's eyes and tell him those things

(1) (Reply)

2011: Governors Who May Not Return / N9.3bn Lodgement: Poly Student Threatens To Sue Firstbank For N250m / Explosives Found On US-Bound Planes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.