Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:21 AM

MHWUN In Danger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MHWUN In Danger (211 Views)

President Threatens MHWUN Unity / Bridget Austin Okai: My Husband's Life Is In Danger - Wife Of Atiku's Aide / New Nigerian Army Uniform To Send Signals When A Soldier Is In Danger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MHWUN In Danger by Johnog: 7:05am On Aug 13, 2019
Some days ago, I beheld a post on Nairaland.com titled PRESIDENT THREATENS THE UNITY OF MHWUN, which hovers around the President's notoriety in relation to imposition of electoral candidates, and it stirred up certain sentiments reminiscent of those of the health workers who joined forces to float the post on the internet.

There's no gainsaying the fact that Comrade Ayuba Wabba left a united union for him but here in the South-South, there are different court cases against the President of the union signifying dissatisfaction and dearth of oneness. I wonder if there's any court case against him in the north where it might be difficult for him to impose candidates. Under his watch, the Primary Healthcare Association was birthed at the expense of Medical and Health Workers' Union of Nigeria (MHWUN) - partly due to imposition - and it is gaining more ground.

Right from when the protracted perpetuation of Comrade Beatrice Itubo as our State Medical and Health Workers' Union of Nigeria (MHWUN) Chairman ensued, I have been trying to figure out the reason behind it with no success. Apart from letting her continue in office long after retirement against our will, she was illegally allowed to remain as a co-opted member at the national level of the union from 2016 when she was retired till this year when national elections were held.

It might interest you to note that due to the President's affinity for planting people in positions to suit himself without due recourse to the union in general, the Ex-Secretary of Bayelsa State Chapter who we learnt was very vibrant and productive and was due for transfer to my state was unfortunately transferred to Akwa Ibom instead, and we couldn't take it, considering the fact that the Comrade Beatrice Itubo factor was still fresh in our memory, so we took him to court.

One thing is certain: the unity of MHWUN is headed for doom if selfish imposition of candidates is not jettisoned. Therefore I call on all stakeholders to ensure that the President is dissuaded from perpetuating retirees in office against the wish of members, and anyone who does not accept to be harmonised out should be allowed to contest in any MHWUN election. The MHWUN elections are fast approaching.

John Ogwe

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Poll: After Declaring Support For Gov Bello, Igala Monarch Claims Neutralit / Biafra Matters / Spot The Difference Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.