Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? (2079 Views)

My Latest Design.what Do U Tink / Logo Design Mistakes Graphic-Artists Make / Check Out This Design, What Do You All Fink? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by smartsoft(m): 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2010
What do you think about this logo?

Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by aanuOBA: 3:59pm On Oct 20, 2010
cool man, cool
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 1:33am On Oct 21, 2010
cool, but it looks more like a web 2.o logo.
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by smartsoft(m): 11:31am On Oct 21, 2010
flagship:

cool, but it looks more like a web 2.o logo.

Then you haven't started creating logos but let me say this, when u make logos alright, you ought to have it at the back of your mind that these set of logos are gonna be representing you not just offline but online as well and the trend now on the internet is web2.0 you get me? google logo web 2.0 and why d use.
aanuOBA:

cool man, cool

Thanks boss!
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by jaeo(m): 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2010
smartsoft if you were not open to criticism and others opinion why post it
personally i fink it doesnt look a photography company.s logo it looks more lyk a web community logo
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by osasp(m): 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2010
i like it. . .altho u shud b more open to both positive nd negetive criticism
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 2:05am On Oct 22, 2010
is that right?

the trend for icons on the internet is 2.0, not the trend in logos.so you gonna update the logo when trend 3.0 evolves? you gotta think AHEAD.when doin these things. how many nigerian photography studios rely on the internet for business. why you comparing a revo;utionary compay like google with a studio. you gotta have in mind that printing of all this "glossy" logos isnt always very successful here unless one(like google) can afford the big printing companies ! cheers

smartsoft:

Then you haven't started creating logos

hmmm. i do not share your opinion, every logo i have made is both timeless and internet ready. see some for yourself

Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by osasp(m): 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2010
u have the skill no doubt but ur pride stinks from a mile off
thats something you would have to deal with if you really want to go far in this trade. . .im no genius myself let alone as good as you
but its obvious that your charater and approach towards criticism won't do you any good. chhers
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by smartsoft(m): 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2010
wait, is that you guys can't read what i wrote there or what ?i said the guy should  do some research lol geeez am open to  criticism mehn am always trying as much to be humble but i can't continue arguing with someone who don't understand the word Brand Identity. i know what am talking about do some research well pls, i looked at it well yesterday and i added something again.

@Flagship can you create RATIONALE to your logos?? your colour can u give me meanings to them? and last can u do a concise logo manual to those your logos? do you do scams before jumping into your corel to create logo?  i bet nope if am not mistaking. i don't make logos because clients want me to make a logo i follow due process when creating logo

Thanks all

Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 5:14am On Oct 23, 2010
So which pro makes logo witout due process? You think u r d only one who has done research on logos? U nust0realize that at times the designer dances to the tune of the client whoi often times are bot really design oriented. Shut up about colors and such! In truth, not evry logo has meaning in every element. Some business names r usualy not as conceptual as we mite like so we make do with what intuition tells us. I don't tink you read my previous post well. Sorry but I ddnt no typing frm a bold 2 wud be such a pain. Will get back to this later!
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 5:18am On Oct 23, 2010
I use illustrator,
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by OKX(m): 10:06am On Oct 23, 2010
guys, while all the mild rebukes on this and other threads in this forum makes for an interesting and often amusing read (atleast to me.lol)
lets not forget, its d art not the artist or his methods that is up 4 crtique.

contrary to the generally expressed sentiment, there is no 'due process' in art creation.
creativity is not restricted by 'process'. it is unbound and indeed it needs to be, 2 thrive.

all the artistic greats whose methods we study or teach 2day were naturally inspired and had different techniques to the same art.
organised knowledge/teaching merely equips a true artist with the tools to express the extraordinary or the 'untaught' within him/her.

all dat baloney about 'due process' refers to presentation NOT creation.
it doesnt matter wot great artistic meaning lies behind ur design/color choice etc. if the same meaning is not immediately apparent to the average non-artistic joe on the street- who afterall is the final consumer. unless u r not talking about commercial art (which i think is d subject)

most times, the brief may even restrict several artistic choices u, the artist may want to make.
like flagship said- in such a case, u let intuition guide u n balance between artistic, practical n wot ur client wants.

lets quit trying to prove we are pros n just talk art n learn from each other.
i know professional bickering is a constant among artists, but lets tone it down- or atleast make it constructive.

my thots, n no offense meant.

@ osasp
sori. but who was ur comment directed at?
flagship or smartsoft?
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 11:18am On Oct 23, 2010
Well said Okx. By due process, I didn't mean wot u thot. If I did my logos wudnt come out this good.

Yes, Osasp, who was the commebt directed at? Cos I don't think I was being proud.

Smartsoft, since you are so religiously concerned over logo manuals(which I had never heard of until now) and other whatnots, can you give the rationale behind the old and new dangote logo, google logo,microsoft, ubisoft and so on(am listing logos whose brand names brings no concept to mind).

Anyway, my original contention was that ur logo looks like a web icon! So again I ask, when web 3.0 comes outn are you gonna update it?
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by segevu(m): 12:13pm On Oct 23, 2010
UCHE UGO angry angry angry angry angry angry Why u dey Harrass everbody for here, c'mon everybody sabi say u good, Flagship u sef be don, Make una just stop all these fighting, Both of u are wrong, logos are the client's and should represent the company in all ways shether glossy or web 7.0 , i think you all are forgeting the whole essence of branding, it's to create an insignia that speaks a company's mind even in silence, so y'all should keep working hard and stop flexing your egos, and ugo u no fit comment on the voodoo pix wey i tag u abi, and wy did u stop tagging me on facebook i was really getting inspired, Don't make me whoop ur , boy,,,, nice bone flaship and UGO,,, u rock!!!! cool cool cool cool cool wink
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by osasp(m): 3:08am On Oct 24, 2010
was talkin to smartsoft but he already addressed it
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by smartsoft(m): 3:59am On Oct 24, 2010
Well am not been too proud never, Just saying what I UCHEUGO knows. @flagship its not about research and no designer can give a RATIONALE to logo that someone else created. You can only gv a rationale to smth you created yourself. @Seg o boy ur voodoo design was of d roof I like it buh why I don tag again cos I don't upload again buh will upload some stuff this week. @all let's just drop dis issue abeg logo na logo I don here oooo.
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by jamesjami: 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2010
Kindly design a logo for my music business. My business name is Lord of Efizzy. Let me know the cost implication if it is something I can afford. You can reach me through my official telephone line on 0816 957 6447. Thank you
Re: Another Logo Design: What Do You Think? by SKYMENZ: 8:35am On Nov 22, 2010
sample of my work.

(1) (Reply)

Rate My Corel Draw Designs / Yemi Alade In Cartoon,.. Pengasonconcept,. / Graphics Design And Print In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.