Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,168 members, 7,957,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

Osimhen Beats Mbappe To Ligue 1 Player Of The Week Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osimhen Beats Mbappe To Ligue 1 Player Of The Week Award (314 Views)

See Nominees For Ligue 1 Player, Coach Of The Season: Messi, Pochettino Missing / Messi Ranked No 1 Player On FIFA21 / Victor Osimhen Reacts After Winning Ligue 1 Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osimhen Beats Mbappe To Ligue 1 Player Of The Week Award by reportminds: 11:53am On Aug 13, 2019
Osimhen’s Ligue 1 debut goals set twitter on fire
Super Eagles forward, Victor Osimhen has been rewarded for his blistering start to the French Ligue 1 after he was named in the opening day team of the week by statistical giants SofaScore

The 20-year-old, who recently arrived the French League from Belgian outfit Charleroi, scored in either half of the game to propel last season’s runners up, Lille, to a 2-1 victory over FC Nantes, to begin their season on a blistering note.

The 2015 FIFA U-17 golden boot winner leads the front line in a 3-4-3 formation alongside PSG Kylian Mbappe, who scored once and assisted another in PSG’s 3-0 win over Nimes, whilst Reims Boulaye Dia completed the front line pairing.

Osimhen, however, lost the player of the week rating to goalkeeper Romain Salin who finished with a rating of 8.6 compared to Osimhen’s 8.2, with the Nigerian, however, walking home with the man-of-the-match award.

Osimhen made 26 touches of the ball and scored from his two shots on target whilst also completing 73 percent of his passes.

Talking to the media after the encounter, Osimhen disclosed that his desire not to let scoring chances pass him by gives him an edge in front of goal.

“When I have opportunities, I don’t want to miss them. I’m not yet 100 percent, but I’m training hard and I know that with time I’ll be in top shape physically,” the Lille star said.

Meanwhile, Osimhen has said he wants to do more to the glory of his ailing father.

“It’s an unforgettable moment for me and I’m really happy.”

The 20-year-old striker added: “The goals have given me more confidence. I was so pleased to see the crowd chanting my name. This will spur me to do more.”

Source https://www.reportminds.com/2019/08/osimhen-beats-mbappe-to-ligue-1-player.html

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Beats Mbappe To Ligue 1 Player Of The Week Award by thesicilian: 11:58am On Aug 13, 2019
Nice start. I hope he keeps up the hardwork

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Beats Mbappe To Ligue 1 Player Of The Week Award by oloriooko(m): 11:58am On Aug 13, 2019
reportminds:
Osimhen’s Ligue 1 debut goals set twitter on fire
Super Eagles forward, Victor Osimhen has been rewarded for his blistering start to the French Ligue 1 after he was named in the opening day team of the week by statistical giants SofaScore

The 20-year-old, who recently arrived the French League from Belgian outfit Charleroi, scored in either half of the game to propel last season’s runners up, Lille, to a 2-1 victory over FC Nantes, to begin their season on a blistering note.

The 2015 FIFA U-17 golden boot winner leads the front line in a 3-4-3 formation alongside PSG Kylian Mbappe, who scored once and assisted another in PSG’s 3-0 win over Nimes, whilst Reims Boulaye Dia completed the front line pairing.

Osimhen, however, lost the player of the week rating to goalkeeper Romain Salin who finished with a rating of 8.6 compared to Osimhen’s 8.2, with the Nigerian, however, walking home with the man-of-the-match award.

Osimhen made 26 touches of the ball and scored from his two shots on target whilst also completing 73 percent of his passes.

Talking to the media after the encounter, Osimhen disclosed that his desire not to let scoring chances pass him by gives him an edge in front of goal.

“When I have opportunities, I don’t want to miss them. I’m not yet 100 percent, but I’m training hard and I know that with time I’ll be in top shape physically,” the Lille star said.

Meanwhile, Osimhen has said he wants to do more to the glory of his ailing father.

“It’s an unforgettable moment for me and I’m really happy.”

The 20-year-old striker added: “The goals have given me more confidence. I was so pleased to see the crowd chanting my name. This will spur me to do more.”

Source https://www.reportminds.com/2019/08/osimhen-beats-mbappe-to-ligue-1-player.html

Nigerians don come again ooooo
Overhyping Osi cuz he scored a brace in the first game of 38 grin grin grin
Now the comparison has started with Mbappe, very soon it will be Messi and Ronaldo. Plz stop the day dream and face reality, Osi has a very very very long way to go before he can start smelling Mbappe azz grin grin grin
Re: Osimhen Beats Mbappe To Ligue 1 Player Of The Week Award by MrOfficer(m): 11:58am On Aug 13, 2019
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Football Prediction UEFA Champions League 21 August 2019 / Manchester United Draws Again! / Claudio Ranieri Shortlisted To Become New Guinea Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.