Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android (2271 Views)

Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded / Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by Deathtk: 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2019
WhatsApp has finally made available to fingerprint lock feature for Android beta users, after making it available to iOS users for a while now. It comes with the latest Android beta version 2.19.221, and is disabled by default. Users will need to enable it in Settings, and this feature will allow users to add a layer of protection to their app chats, keeping lurkers at bay. There's also a new ‘show content in notifications' option added allowing users to decide if they want to show or hide message and sender preview when the fingerprint lock is enabled.

As mentioned, the fingerprint lock option is enabled in the Android beta version 2.19.221 - currently the latest version. It is disabled by default, and users will have to enable it by going to WhatsApp Settings > Account > Privacy > Fingerprint lock. If you have already updated to the latest version, and don't see the feature, try backing up chat history and reinstalling the same WhatsApp version. Notably, the feature requires the phone to be running Android Marshmallow or higher, and feature a fingerprint scanner.

https://tellkis.com/2019/08/13/whatsapp-brings-fingerprint-feature-to-android/

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by Attempt: 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2019
Kind gesture from Mark Zukerberg
Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by immaculate1234(m): 6:07pm On Aug 13, 2019
This is nice very nice I just activated it on my iPhone
Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2019
Already available on Gb whatsApp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by Officialgarri: 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2019
My phone has a default lock before na.

It's actually impossible to screenshot the lock feature (the phone will reject the process) .
Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by TheMainMan: 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2019
okay
Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by Chizzyjforce: 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2019
undecided

Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by BarodyNigeriaLT: 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2019
Think this is value added for ease of navigation around WhatsApp!

Good one from the team at Facebook!! They should try and incorporate this on Messenger too

Heard it is in beta phase
Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2019
Officialgarri:
My phone has a default lock before na.

It's actually impossible to screenshot the lock feature (the phone will reject the process) .

Which do you mean ? Why can’t you screenshot it ?

Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by 1x2x3: 10:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
Lol Yowhatspp got all that and so many more features whatsapp will keep copying.
Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by Charleys: 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2019
Mark Zuckerberg needs your fingerprint grin
Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by PapaNnamdi: 11:18pm On Aug 13, 2019
Hope ppl will need my finger print before adding new to useless groups
Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 13, 2019
PapaNnamdi:
Hope ppl will need my finger print before adding new to useless groups

lol.. even Gbwhatsapp latest features enables option where u allow being added to a group.

Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by FreeMejoor1(m): 2:45am On Aug 14, 2019
Not working on my samsung s9
Re: Whatsapp Brings Fingerprint Feature To Android by Raydos: 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2019
ME: When is nairaland going to improve??

SEUN:

(1) (Reply)

TECNO Spark 4 Unboxing And First Impression / HOW TO FIND A SONG THAT IS PLAYED IN A MOVIE, TV SERIES OR YOUTUBE VIDEO / Beware Of Cellphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.