Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

SCAM ALERT: Nigerian Girls Are Falling Victim To Romance Scams - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SCAM ALERT: Nigerian Girls Are Falling Victim To Romance Scams (504 Views)

Nigerian Arrested For Online Romance Scams In Cambodia / Man Cries Out After Rushing An unknown hit-and-run victim to hospital (Photos) / How My N150,000 "Turned To Paper" & How I Fell Victim To "One Chance" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SCAM ALERT: Nigerian Girls Are Falling Victim To Romance Scams by iykbethany(m): 5:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
Many 9ja girls are scammed everyday with different stories or formats. I want to highlight some of the stories and formats here to enlighten those that don't already know...
And if you have been scammed or nearly duped pls share your experience let others learn.

FORMAT 1. A fine bobo adds u on social media especially Facebook and claims he lives overseas, mostly USA. He starts professing love and within some days or weeks he wants to marry you and his mom will start calling you on phone, begging you to marry her son otherwise she wil kill herself. You might agree bc maybe he is handsome, rich or bc he is in obodo OYibo or maybe you are desperate for marriage.
Few weeks later he calls to inform you that robbers attacked his mom in the village and she's been hospitalized, he will beg you to send money to the doctors that he will pay back first thing tomorrow morning since banks are closed in his America lol. Don't send money to the idiot, he is scam.
A. Why would you even send money to a man, a total stranger you haven't met in person? You are a woman and if a man loves you he should rather be the one to send you money.
B. One Facebook friend said bros I have his pictures please help me track him down lol. So you think a scammer will use his real picture? They steal people's pics to scam people.
C. If you want to be sure he is the one in those pics please call him on video for few minutes to be sure. If he claims to love you and wanna marry you but cannot show his face on video then he is not real. SEVEN OF MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS HAVE BEEN SCAMMED WITH THIS STORY SINCE THIS YEAR, 2 ARE FROM MY VILLAGE. The most recent one happened yesterday which prompted me to do this.

FORMAT 2. This is similar to the above format except that this one is based in Nigeria. If you are based in the east he wil claim to be based in lagos, Abuja, Ph etc and if you are in lagos he wil claim to be based in the east or any other state far from lagos. He loves you too much, his mom will always call you and even threaten to also commit suicide if you don't marry her only son.
One day the mugu will claim he is coming to your location to see you and meet your parents so he can marry you lol. Early momo he will call you from the bus station as a way of proving that he is really coming to see your parents lol. Within few hours a road safety officer will call and claim that your husband is involved in a serious accident in Benin or whatever, that the idiot saved your number as his wife lol. They are rushing him to the hospital for urgent medical attention. Within few hours a doctor or nurse will call and claim they need 50k deposit or 200k deposit. As you pay the deposit they will keep asking for more money til you wake up from sleep. My friends sister recently sent 900k to these criminals.

Some Nigerians will claim its juju but it's not juju. If you tell this story to 100 rich girls over 40% go fall, especially those that are ripe for marriage. They use marriage as a tool that is why many girls are falling for these tricks. Their story or format is too many, let me stop here for now. I will share more when I get a chance.

PS: If you know any more format pls share with us. Share this story with your friends and family members especially girls so they can be more vigilant... Christmas is fast approaching and boys are not smiling.

FINALLY, the old woman that claims to be his mom is either his wife or girlfriend, not their mother. Some of them use free software to change their voice to that of an old man, old woman etc. So be smart like the serpent, be vigilant and don't trust too easily. Shalom
Re: SCAM ALERT: Nigerian Girls Are Falling Victim To Romance Scams by upower123(m): 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2019
Marriage scam... It work 50% all the time
Re: SCAM ALERT: Nigerian Girls Are Falling Victim To Romance Scams by dangoteinlaw: 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2019
Lol I was laughing all through while reading, Nigeria girls getting a dose of their own scam formats..... I have one neighbor who is a girl and this is how she tricks guys into sending her money and recharge cards lol
Re: SCAM ALERT: Nigerian Girls Are Falling Victim To Romance Scams by iykbethany(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2019
I posted this on my Facebook wall and some girls say these are old tricks, that there are more recent and bad ass ones. I’m waiting for them to send them to me so I can share to educate others.
If you know other tricks or formats pls share with us

(1) (Reply)

We're Been Deceived Ooooh / EFCC Arrests 48 Internet Fraudsters In Benue / EFCC Grills 58 Suspected Oil Thieves In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.