Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division (481 Views)

Policeman Shoots At Unarmed Man In Abuloma, Rivers State (Video) / My Encounter With SARS Changed My Mentality - Fattkay / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by cidieschat(m): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2019
Please I would like to ask those of us who are Lawyers in the house in such a case, what are my rights... I'd appreciate your responses God bless you...

In the afternoon hours of today, I was at my home in Odili Road, being a small estate, we have 4 houses and a clinic on same street, so it's easier to spot a stranger when we see one.
I came out and I noticed a young man on the phone in front of the health facility, and he excused me and ask for the name of the street, so I told him that the houses here don't have numbers, and the street is just identified off Peter Odili Road, so I asked him if there was a problem, he said a guy was rushed into the clinic and they want to get to the family, and the sister is on her way, but cant locate here.. I walked into the clinic and asked to see the patient and I was allowed to see him, I asked him how he feels, he spoke and asked if the little phone belonged to him. He said yes
Re: My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by cidieschat(m): 11:00pm On Aug 13, 2019
So I took the phone out to locate the incoming family member, also called her with my phone to bring her to the clinic. She described her dress and I was able to meet her at the roundabout.. Immediately I identified myself I saw two men walked to me and held me by my waist identifying themselves as policemen, I wouldn't had been bothered except for the aggressive approach. So I asked the woman what's wrong, she said she has not seen her brother for 3 days, Then she showed me pieces of passports, which I could identify with, I told her that's the admitted guy I saw... When we went to the clinic, luckily the guy was even laying on the bed.. The sister was saying u, where have u been, so I asked her is he a kidnapper she said no, did he kill, or rape, she said no. She said her brother Was to pay nepa bill of N10, 000. But he has eaten the money and ran away... I was so upset.
Re: My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by cidieschat(m): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2019
So I asked the police, is this why I am under arrest? For bringing her here, when I thought I was assisting you, and besides this is a domestic issue, and the person involved is your sibling and not a kid. He's a full grown adult.. Not too long I was taken to the station I was refused permission to call a lawyer, they collected my phone. Forced me to write statements... The most annoying thing was I was out in a cell why the so called brother was still discussing with his sister and a man who may be her neighbour... The police was even tling me next time u don't help people u don't know...

I was able to be granted bail after certain money was paid, and asked to return on Thursday... Please I would need your legal advices on such issues?

The attitude of the police is what increases crimes even, and they were saying next time don't help people.. How rude that sounds..

The police asked me to provide the boy that asked for the assistance, so I made it clear that even if that person were to be waiting at the spot in front of my gate, he will abscond with the appearance of a man dragging me to his direction.. So far as I was concerned I saw him even minutes after moving a distance, but am sure he may had run away..

Please I permit anyone to say where am wrong, thank you...
Re: My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by marshalldgreat(m): 11:10pm On Aug 13, 2019
You're even lucky they didn't label you a kidnapper... Am not saying what you did,was wrong but you went far... You could have given the man the description of the place and go... This is Nigeria, and shit happens, especially with the police

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by cidieschat(m): 11:14pm On Aug 13, 2019
marshalldgreat:
Ehen go on

I was granted bail, but money was paid... I dint feel good about this, because my intentions was to help. And this was even in my area
Re: My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by marshalldgreat(m): 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2019
cidieschat:

I was granted bail, but money was paid... I dint feel good about this, because my intentions was to help. And this was even in my area
. I have had similar experience... I was driving to get food that night and some F-SARS men stopped me at woji road in GRA, they searched my car and saw the card of septrin i was taking for cough, and that's it... I was taken to Ozuoba police station and i paid 20k just to bail myself

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by cidieschat(m): 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2019
marshalldgreat:
. I have had similar experience... I was driving to get food that night and some F-SARS men stopped me at woji road in GRA, they searched my car and saw the card of septrin i was taking for cough, and that's it... I was taken to Ozuoba police station and i paid 20k just to bail myself

Cases like this makes you even feel safer with a thief than a police.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by marshalldgreat(m): 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2019
cidieschat:

Cases like this makes you even feel safer with a thief than a police.
just forget about the incident and move on...
Re: My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by Kingosytex(m): 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2019
The Policemen said "next time don't help people." The policemen may be right, but that doesn't mean we should stop offering help when we are in capacity to do so. Evil rules over good in Nigeria. Many people have been swallowed by cases they know nothing about just because they lent a helping hand. I know of a guy who was once framed up for kidnapping by an ex-commissioner and i know the amount of legal battle that was put up to save him from the hangman's noose. The NPF is evil, they aren't your friends but your real enemies.

Just get a reputable lawyer, narrate everything to him, i believe he will know how to get you off the hook. Good luck to you!

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by Ogbunigwe2018: 4:53am On Aug 14, 2019
Something in me, tells me the story isn't complete.
Re: My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by dotman4real007(m): 5:46am On Aug 14, 2019
Police is not your friend. It is a crime to help in this useless country. They don't have any case with you. Next time go with your lawyer to the police station and charge them to court for unlawful arrest and extortion.
Re: My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by cidieschat(m): 7:52am On Aug 14, 2019
Ogbunigwe2018:
Something in me, tells me the story isn't complete.

That's just exactly what happened, why would I hoard anything when seeking for advice
Re: My Encounter With Abuloma Police Division by Jabioro: 8:03am On Aug 14, 2019
I fell bad for this country..

(1) (Reply)

Photos: See The House Hamisu Wadume Was Hiding In Before His Arrest / Xenophobia: Zambians Loot South African Shops In Zambia / Full Video: Port Harcourt Serial Killer Confession In Full

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.