Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

How Indescent Dressing Affects Our Relationships By Esther Emenike - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Indescent Dressing Affects Our Relationships By Esther Emenike (288 Views)

Emeka Esther Emerges Miss Comely Queen Nigeria 2022, Gets N2Million Cash P / Esther Gabriel: Nigeria's Representative At Miss Globe World Finals 2021 / Enugu Police Arrest Two Ladies Walking On The Road For Indecent Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Indescent Dressing Affects Our Relationships By Esther Emenike by myaceworld(m): 11:35pm On Aug 13, 2019
We often hear the popular saying; “you are being addressed the way you are dressed”, that`s exactly how you were able to magnet any form of relationship you`re into right now (consciously or unconsciously).

You can`t dress like a prostitute and expect to magnet a responsible Prince. We know dressing is your choice; after all, no one feeds or buy your wears for you, so you should be in better position of determining what and what you should wear, but then, it`s also good you`re aware of the fact that your dress sense is capable of magnetting the right or wrong persons into your life.

This is because; every human is first moved by what they see. You first see before you come closer to perceive, feel, touch or even associate with. Don`t mind that popular saying; “Men are moved by sight, women are moved by hearing”. Before you can allow a man speak to your hearing or confuse you, you must have felt comfortable being around his kind of person (and this include his physique i.e. physical appearance first). Therefore, before hearing comes sight, “be careful what you show the world because you may not know the stance of your prince or princess charming”.

Personally, I`ve had to ignore guys not because they weren’t making sense, but because, they weren`t responsibly dressed to my taste, yes! You may say that`s pride, my dear it`s no pride, it`s knowing what you want and setting standards for your life. This does not mean you must wear the best designer in the world or wear dresses from the most expensive boutique to look unique, at least look simple and responsible.

Just so you know, our dressing goes a long way to speak volumes of who we are and when your dressing sends the wrong signal, no matter how responsible you are within, no responsible person can get to connect with it until you are responsibly packaged. “Birds of the same feather flock together”.

How could I forget this illustration of a personal experience about six months ago? It was early this year around January when I had gone to a business partner`s shop at the wee hours of the morning, it happened that I had to wait than expected for him to settle down before we discuss the reason he requested my presence that early morning. At the course of my waiting, a female friend of his entered, prior to this period, I was chatting with him on some social and intellectual issues while he attends to his business before the young lady came in.

At first, she never wanted to talk with us, even when her friend had called her into the discussion, I felt probably because she was feeling to be a stranger to me yet, at some point, she had to join but when I make some remarks that`d require her reply, she would subtly ignore. This continued until the guy had to excuse us to attend to a client, then I cracked a joke that tickled her, she laughed and that was it! We started conversing. From social to moral trends, then to spiritual, intellectual and academic burning issues, I never knew I was wowing her with my intellectual prowess until shortly before she bade a bye, she confessed “o babe, you seem to gather uncommon wisdom and intellectual properties than your LOOK, seriously, anyone who hadn`t been under your talking influence may easily discard your extensive hands of friendship simply because of your looks, I must confess, enough of beating about the bush, you look just horrible! I advise you work on your looks so it`d blend with your intellect” she finished, even though I tried explaining to her that I don`t always look this way, circumstances just forced me to, “I had woken up very early in the morning, having not even had my teeth brushed, I received an urgent call from this friend of mine of which I had to rush down to his shop not caring to have my hair combed since it`s a stone throw from our house” I defended, but she insisted, advising me to just look good all times and nothing should be of excuse for not looking responsible at any point in time.

Fast-forward to the time, few weeks later, we met at a café. She was dazed at my looks, she had to brush off her face again to be sure it was actually the disheveled looking girl she`d met few weeks back. Of course she didn`t hide her feelings, she exclaimed, “I can`t believe you were the same person I saw the last time” she remarked “honestly you now look exactly like your brains” she teased, I could only smile. In the subsequent months, she has always met me charmingly dressed and of a truth cannot hide her surprises.

From her friendship, I have been able to be called upon to deliver on some public speaking seminars to one of the organizations she heads.

What point does the story up there tries to drive at? Most times you get into the wrong relationship due to the wrong signals your dressing sends, so now you know, even your dressing determines your type of relationship?

Source: https://www.aceworld.com.ng/2019/08/opinion-dressing-and-how-it-affects-our.html

(1) (Reply)

sold / Affordable Skincare Products By Avidbeauty / Do You Need Souvenir Bags For Your Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.