Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Five Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Five Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle (449 Views)

How To Maintain And Enrich Your Skin This Harmattan Season / Meet Nigerian Lady Who Gave Up Obesity To Live Healthy Lifestyle / 7 Easy Ways To Get Yourself A Healthy Digestive System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle by nutripotherbals: 8:13am On Aug 14, 2019
Health is wealth as they say. If you are looking for a way to stay healthy then this piece of information is for you. Here are the tips you have to abide to start from today.

Drink more water

While caffeine may be beneficial in the short term by keeping you awake and alert, the extra sugar dosage you get from it is not. Avoid coffee if you can as it is an artificial stimulant. If you absolutely need it, try to skip the sugar or reduce the amount. In addition, increase the amount of water you consume throughout the day by keeping a water bottle with you and taking periodic sips from it. The water will keep you hydrated and refreshed throughout the day and reduce the need for coffee and other stimulants.

Reduce your portion sizes

Overeating is one of the most common causes of obesity, acidity, high cholesterol and diabetes. By eating smaller portions you reduce the risk exponentially of ending up with one or more these conditions. In addition to reducing your portion sizes, try to eat more slowly so you can more easily recognize when you’re full, as well savouring the flavour of your food.

Avoid Cooked Breakfasts

First thing in the morning the body is still in cleanse mode. As such it is important to avoid heavy, cooked breakfasts first thing as this is going against what your body naturally wants to do. Eat light breakfasts such as fruit first thing in the morning, which lines your stomach and may result in you eating less.Eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day

Keep unhealthy foods out of the house

It’s difficult to eat healthy if you’re surrounded by junk foods.

If other family members want to have these foods around, try keeping them hidden rather than on countertops.

Having food on display in various areas of the house has been linked to obesity and increased consumption of unhealthy foods.

Exercise and change diet at the same time

You may have heard you shouldn’t change too many things at once when trying to improve your health. In general, this is good advice.

Still, research shows that when you make both dietary and physical activity changes at the same time, the results tend to reinforce each other.

In a study in 200 people, those who began eating a healthy diet and exercising at the same time found it easier to maintain these behaviors than those who started with either diet or exercise alone, then added the other later.

Source: https://nutripotherbals.com/2019/07/30/five-ways-to-maintain-a-healthy-lifestyle/

Re: Five Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle by nutripotherbals: 2:22pm On Aug 19, 2019
Apples, grapes and oranges should be included in the diet.
Re: Five Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle by nutripotherbals: 2:29pm On Aug 19, 2019
Eat a healthy diet:

Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables especially those rich in Vitamin C. Pack snacks for outdoor fun that also contain whole grains and lean proteins.
Re: Five Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle by swip88: 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
As for me, I also try to maintain my health in different ways. One of them is taking vitamins, minerals and I also take https://bio-japan.net/Laennec-price which is a good way to reduce fat, to maintain health and to live healthy. I also try to eat more fruits, vegetables and other healthy products.
Re: Five Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle by nutripotherbals: 11:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
swip88:
As for me, I also try to maintain my health in different ways. One of them is taking vitamins, minerals and I also take https://bio-japan.net/Laennec-price which is a good way to reduce fat, to maintain health and to live healthy. I also try to eat more fruits, vegetables and other healthy products.

Ok.

(1) (Reply)

/ GNLD Supplements Distributor In Kogi State / Chinese Farmer, 34, Is Trapped In A Child's Body Due To Brain Injuries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.