Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,435 members, 7,846,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:17 AM

The Boy At The Track - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Boy At The Track (156 Views)

The Boy Sending Emails From His Grave (true Life Story) / Ⅶ. The Track Of Life / The Boy Who Gave His Lunch To Jesus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Boy At The Track by SonofIssachar: 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2019
Many years ago I drove a taxi for extra money. I primarily worked the east end of Toronto. This was back in the days when the Greenwood Racetrack was in operation.

The track was a pretty lively place. Crowds of people were always streaming in and out. I did a lot of business down there dropping off fares and picking them up. When I think of those days, I remember one particular summer about 30 years ago.

Each time a taxi drove up to the front of the track, a group of local kids would run along the sidewalk angling for position by the passenger door. One lucky kid, or to be more accurate the most aggressive kid, would open the passenger door and say “Good luck at the track, Mister!”

The man getting out of the cab would invariably mumble thanks and flip the kid a quarter on his way from…….

Read More: https://daily-dew.com/the-boy-at-the-track/

(1) (Reply)

deleted / CCC Prophet: Nobody Will Remind You To Plan For Your Family. (Video) / In 1887, The Jubilee 50th Year Of...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.