Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:36 AM

Mission Is Different From Evangelism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mission Is Different From Evangelism (208 Views)

Naira Marley Confirms That Allah Is Different From God. / Daddy Freeze: Why My Online Church "Free Nation In Christ Online" Is Different / Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mission Is Different From Evangelism by beckhapa: 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2019
Mission is Different from Evangelism
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Prevailing Word: “For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea” –Habakkuk 2:14
Memory Verse: “Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:” -Romans 15: 20
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Mission and evangelism generally involve preaching of the gospel. While doing missions, you must evangelize at some point but it is possible to engage in evangelism without doing missions. In evangelism, you generally aim to bring unsaved people to Christ but in missions, your targets are those unbelievers who have never heard the gospel before. In this era of internet, terrestrial and satellite T.V air travel etc, are there people that have never heard the gospel for the first time.
The answer is “yes”.

For example, in Nigeria, there are 80 (eighty) tribes or people groups that are yet to be evangelized (M.A.N.I. report). In India, there are 2252 people groups that are yet to know about Jesus. There are people who have NEVER heard the gospel. The name “Jesus” is unknown to so many. In muslim, budhists and hindu countries, people can live out their entire life times without meeting a single christians or seeing a church.
In the rural areas of Nigeria, the need is evident. I have heard villagers in the remote village wondering who this Jesus is. When you focus your evangelistic efforts among the unreached groups, you are said to be doing missions. If you are preaching to unbelievers who have heard the gospel before but have chosen not to repent, that’s evangelism. So the big difference between missions and evangelism is one of focus. Are you concentrating on reaching the unreached or just preaching to the same people who have heard the gospel several times without repentance? “Why should anyone hear the gospel twice while some have never heard it once?”-Oswald J. Smith

Mission is so important to God. We should not keep preaching to the same people over and over again while there are people who have never heard the gospel even for once. Jesus our Savior said that until all the nations of the world are evangelized, the end will not come (Matthew 24:14). God wants every tribe to hear the gospel. They may or may not respond positively but God needs them to get a chance to accept or reject the gospel.
Recently, I was among the santali people of India. In India, they are among the group called the “tribalus”

They are not hindus but they are not involved in worshipping anything else except their ancestors. We travelled through tens of villages and saw no churches. Can you imagine the sense of hopelessness that an outreach an unreached person lives with?
Friends, we need to get the gospel to every tribe, every village and every rural area in the world.
Meditate on Matthew 24:14 “and this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations: and then shall the end come”.

Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 25, 26, 27 and Luke 24
…………………………………………………………………………
Action Point: I will make up my mind to engage in missions by visiting a village to take the gospel to them!
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Prayer Point: Oh Lord, give the strength to go out for Rural Missions in Jesus name
https://www.facebook.com/reo43331/posts/2397787626964010

(1) (Reply)

We Would See Jesus / VIDEO: Pastor Rescues Elderly Woman From Being Burned Alive For Witchcraft!!! / You Are The Salt Of The Earth. (mathew 5:13&14,luke 14:35.sa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.