Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos (11545 Views)

Youths Clash Over Right Of Control Of Motor Park In Umuahia (Photos) / New Photos Of Man Who Survived Fatal Accident That Killed Over 80 Persons. / Shocking Photos From Indonesian Earthquake/Tsunami That Killed Over 1,200 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by drlaykay(m): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2019
August 22
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by Automatic3444(m): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2019
He said that after a thorough examination of available traces, the Jeep driver was identified as CHRISTIAN INNOCENT 39 years old. “He was arrested by a team of detectives led by the Divisional Police Officer Surulere, CSP Jimoh Jabaje on Aug. 22
embarassed
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by Commentor: 10:53am On Aug 15, 2019
Christian and Innocent. The irony.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by Kennitrust(m): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2019
Whitestory:
Am I the only one seeing august 22 in the post when today is august 15...

shocked
maybe it happen last year

1 Like

Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by Murphy123: 11:00am On Aug 15, 2019
The jeep guy messed up, don't be surprise that the Keke guy is a spirit sent to ruin his life.

2 Likes

Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:09am On Aug 15, 2019
It has become a syndrome that nigerians don't accept their fault or error.
Whatever happens, everyone involved claims to be right, no one is ever wrong.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by frozen70(f): 11:09am On Aug 15, 2019
Anger management is necessary for every adult
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by mixta140: 11:11am On Aug 15, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 15, 2019
Whitestory:
Am I the only one seeing august 22 in the post when today is august 15...

shocked

Thought na only me..na for future them arrest am.
The kekeman never die. Na next week e go die. Too bad no one to tell am.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by benni(m): 11:13am On Aug 15, 2019
Another bread winner lost in an avoidable manner.Most Nigerians are always paranoid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2019
That his name will not save him. Hin for add Grace to his middle name

1 Like

Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by doctokwus: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2019
erico2k2:

This is why Anger is bad, short-fused people take note.
If you drive in Nigeria and you don't control your anger,sorry will be your name.
Some of the things some Keke,okada,taxi drivers and even pedestrians that you encounter severally in a day,say to you can make the quick tempered take to doing some irrational physical harm.
I relate with what may have happened to this man,but unfortunately for him,long imprisonment will now be his portion,or at least some millions spent in bribe and some weeks of detention if he is lucky.
So what has he gained just to prove to a Keke driver he is superior to him.
Witnessed almost same incident yesterday before reading this.A Lexus Jeep was brushed by an okada and the man came down and rained heavy slaps on the okada man.I now asked myself,what if the okada man was in poor health and had collapsed and died from those slaps?The Jeep guy would have gone in for it,for what a few thousands and verbal rebuke would have solved.
Anger that has exceeded verbal assault and reached to physical assault should be defused before "had I known" would be the tale.

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by rannyw: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2019
Lack of anger management is a serious issue in this country
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by NewDelhi(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2019
gmaribel:
The report says he was arrested on the 22nd of August,

How is that possible... Was he arrested in the future.
Funny how people that commented didn't even read the article. grin I was also shocked seeing august 22 when today's date is august 15th
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by obama30: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2019
AutoReportNG:
The police in Lagos say a tricycle operator, Aniete Bassey, has allegedly been killed by a motorist over right of way in Surulere area of the state. Spokesman for the police in the state DSP Bala Elkana confirmed the incident in a statement on Tuesday, saying that it happened on Sunday along Akerele Street, off Falolu, Surulere.

Elkana said at about 9.130pm on Sunday, Surulere police station received a distress call from Randle Hospital Surulere that a tricycle operator was brought there with a broken head, in a pool of blood but died on arrival.

He said information gathered by homicide detectives revealed that the deceased had a misunderstanding with a man in a jeep on a major road along Akerele Street, Surulere.

According to Elkana, during the scuffle, the driver of the Jeep brought out a wheel spanner and hit the deceased person twice on the head. He said that after a thorough examination of available traces, the Jeep driver was identified as Christian Innocent, 39 years old. “He was arrested by a team of detectives led by the Divisional Police Officer Surulere, CSP Jimoh Jabaje on Aug. 22.

He confessed to have engaged the deceased person in a fight over right of way. (NAN) “He confessed that there was a vulgar abuse between him and the tricyclist over who among them had the right of way as they both accused each other of rough driving.

“There was no crash between the Jeep and the Tricycle. The suspect will be charged to court,” he said.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/08/commercial-tricyclist-killed-over-right.html

I smelled money ritual here, the Jeep man use the Keke driver to renew his money ritual
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by Orpe7(m): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2019
3 mins of Anger has sent you to lifetime of incarceration

Control your ANGER PEOPLE
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by Orpe7(m): 11:47am On Aug 15, 2019
gmaribel:

Time travel shit
Timecop
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by Cobis(m): 11:59am On Aug 15, 2019
gmaribel:

Thinking so too shocked
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by DonX001: 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2019
doctokwus:

If you drive in Nigeria and you don't control your anger,sorry will be your name.
Some of the things some Keke,okada,taxi drivers and even pedestrians that you encounter severally in a day,say to you can make the quick tempered take to doing some irrational physical harm.
I relate with what may have happened to this man,but unfortunately for him,long imprisonment will now be his portion,or at least some millions spent in bribe and some weeks of detention if he is lucky.
So what has he gained just to prove to a Keke driver he is superior to him.
Witnessed almost same incident yesterday before reading this.A Lexus Jeep was brushed by an okada and the man came down and rained heavy slaps on the okada man.I now asked myself,what if the okada man was in poor health and had collapsed and died from those slaps?The Jeep guy would have gone in for it,for what a fee thousands and verbal rebuke would have solved.
Anger that has exceeded verbal assault and reached to physical assault should be defused before "had I known" would be the tale.

Gbam. You nailed it.
Those keke drivers and okada drivers can be really crazy and almost push someone to madness.
Similar thing almost happened to me some months ago in the very same Surulere, when one crazy keke driver blocked the road in front of me and was just behaving like a mad man.
Almost got into a fight with him, though I'm normally a very calm and controlled person.
Just had to control myself and walk away when things were almost getting physical.
Maybe its even the same crazy keke driver that has met his waterloo in the hands of a crazier person, because this my own incident happened close where they reported in the article (1-2 streets away).

That said, there is no justification for what the jeep driver did. No point in getting physical or violent over a traffic matter, or any other matter sef (except in self defence, and even then, you should try and walk away before it gets to that level, .......even though it may be difficult to do when the other person is obviously wrong and still arguing bullshit).

Cos some people are walking corpses, one blow or even just simple shouting match alone...one artery don burst for him brain and na die be that.
And person go just turn from "shouter/arguer" to murderer.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by hedonido: 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2019
DonX001:

Gbam. You nailed it.
Those keke drivers and okada drivers can be really crazy and almost push someone to madness.
Similar thing almost happened to me some months ago in the very same Surulere, when one crazy keke driver blocked the road in front of me and was just behaving like a mad man.
Almost got into a fight with him, though I'm normally a very calm and controlled person.
Just had to control myself and walk away when things were almost getting physical.
Maybe its even the same crazy keke driver that has met his waterloo in the hands of a crazier person, because this my own incident happened close where they reported in the article (1-2 streets away).

That said, there is no justification for what the jeep driver did. No point in getting physical or violent over a traffic matter, or any other matter sef (except in self defence, and even then, you should try and walk away before it gets to that level, .......even though it may be difficult to do when the other person is obviously wrong and still arguing bullshit).

Cos some people are walking corpses, one blow or even just simple shouting match alone...one artery don burst for him brain and na die be that.
And person go just turn from "shouter/arguer" to murderer.

A word is enough for the wise.

Gbam. For someone like me who previously had murderously combustible temper, I learned forced calmness the hard way, a long time ago.

Now I'm the biggest 'coward' by choice. I can't tell you how much wahala and indignity I've saved myself from, just by simply melting away quietly when things are getting heated.
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by Agugbadin: 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
Why are Nigerians hating fellow citizens in this cruel manner. Why is the surge in hate crimes in Nigeria, can't they disagree but not kill some one. May God deliver this country from whoever did this to Nigeria
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by Cantonese: 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
AutoReportNG:
The police in Lagos say a tricycle operator, Aniete Bassey, has allegedly been killed by a motorist over right of way in Surulere area of the state. Spokesman for the police in the state DSP Bala Elkana confirmed the incident in a statement on Tuesday, saying that it happened on Sunday along Akerele Street, off Falolu, Surulere.

Elkana said at about 9.130pm on Sunday, Surulere police station received a distress call from Randle Hospital Surulere that a tricycle operator was brought there with a broken head, in a pool of blood but died on arrival.

He said information gathered by homicide detectives revealed that the deceased had a misunderstanding with a man in a jeep on a major road along Akerele Street, Surulere.

According to Elkana, during the scuffle, the driver of the Jeep brought out a wheel spanner and hit the deceased person twice on the head. He said that after a thorough examination of available traces, the Jeep driver was identified as Christian Innocent, 39 years old. “He was arrested by a team of detectives led by the Divisional Police Officer Surulere, CSP Jimoh Jabaje on Aug. 22.

He confessed to have engaged the deceased person in a fight over right of way. (NAN) “He confessed that there was a vulgar abuse between him and the tricyclist over who among them had the right of way as they both accused each other of rough driving.

“There was no crash between the Jeep and the Tricycle. The suspect will be charged to court,” he said.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/08/commercial-tricyclist-killed-over-right.html

And that's that!
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by NoBetterNigeria: 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2019
Concern

tyup:
Good for them both.....

it's non of my consine.....both of them must have eaten and filled to the brim to have engaged in a quarrel
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by ayzee04(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2019
I almost said nobody noticed the error and were busy commenting...Stupid bloggers without content
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by mechanics(m): 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
He shouldn't have done that.
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by rikithor(m): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
in our popular driving school, we train people on Safe driving,Road ethics,basic knowledge of the vehicles bonnet,interior and exterior cos we know that accident doesn't just happened, it is caused,if so,can be avoided.
check us below.
Re: Commercial Tricyclist Killed Over Right Of Way In Lagos by Okoroawusa: 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
Hot temper is not a good thing

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG Relaxes Restriction On Foreign Travellers / Kano-lagos Passenger Train Collides With Truck In Kaduna. / Ibom Air Celebrate 500,000 Passengers After 23 Months Of Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.