Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:46 AM

Confessions Of My Thankful Dependence On God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confessions Of My Thankful Dependence On God (187 Views)

Lesson From RCCG Kidnapped Deaconess, Ibelegbo Chidinma: Depend On God Alone! / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Stephanie Otobo & Kemi Olunloyo's Confessions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Confessions Of My Thankful Dependence On God by chrisnwoke1(m): 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2019
Some people met with Smith Wigglesworth, the great Apostle of faith, and desiring to know more about his prayer life they asked him this question:

“Smith Wigglesworth, we know you to be a man of great faith and miracles, and we know that through you God has wrought mighty miracles as many dead have been raised, blind eyes opened, deaf ears opened too, to mention but a few.

They said to him, please tell us sir, how long do you pray every day?"

The Apostle of faith replied,
“I don’t ever pray any longer than twenty minutes.”

Now this people were in shock and surprised.
“What?!!!” they exclaimed.
...And just after pausing for a moment, Smith Wigglesworth continued, “Yes, but i never go twenty minutes without praying”.

Interesting encounter this is!!!...but please we may need to learn this.

Many people will read this and say, "we said it, all these people spending hours in Prayers are just wasting time...it's not by long hours" they will say.

The truth is, you will also find out that this same people who don't spend hours in Prayers don't even have lively spiritual breath grasp, neither do they maintain daily prayer contact with God as Smith Wigglesworth had and did.
Many excuse the flesh in matters like this.

Praying long hours is great.
Praying unceasingly in few minutes like Smith is good too...but get a pattern and maintain it...and remain consistent.

I want to share my own pattern with you now, perhaps it may both inspire and Bless you too.

I have been on my phone for some few hours now, but guess what? I can't count how many times I have dropped my phone and gone on my knees to Pray.
I do this many times a day that I loss count.
I may be talking with someone now at home and the next thing is that i am on my knees very briefly to mutter a thanksgiving prayer and then up again to continue the discourse.
From when I started typing this, if i am not mistaken, I think I've dropped my phone down and gone on my knees two different times to mutter a word of prayer of thanksgiving.

I am growing in my addiction to this thing called Contact with God.
It's a strong addiction that I will never recover from, even if I try to stop it...and this is because it has been built over the years as a serial holy habit.
I pray without notice and this helps to sustain my spirit contact with the Father of spirits (YAHWEH).

It is also known as Life in the Spirit...

But then, in support of this, I have another prayer pattern I run with daily and it will bless us.

In this season, i see the Lord shall raising many kingdom generals from amongst us that will do far greater exploits than Smith Wigglesworth.

IF YOU MUST BE ADDICTED TO SOMETHING... LET IT BE THE PRESENCE OF GOD.
COVET HOLY HABITS, NOT WORLDLY HABITS.
If I could teach people evil things when I was lost in Babylon many years ago...Why shouldn't I teach people things that brings Glory to God now that I am STANDING FIRM upon Zion's Hill...!
Bless God!!!

By tomorrow, i will share the 3rd part of my Confessions Of Thankful Dependence On God.
Bless God!!!
Apostle Christian Nwoke©
SHARE IF YOU CARE!!!
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
http://facebook.com/ApostleChrisNwoke

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PSALM FOR NIGERIA (adapted From Psalm 140) / For He Must Reign On Earth. 1Corinthians 15:25. Revelation 11:15 / Five Right Reasons Why You Need To Go To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.