Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,728 members, 7,862,344 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:19 PM

Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport (9003 Views)

Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. / Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation / Kwankwaso Demanded N1.3bn For Own House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 21, 2010
EzeUche0:

That is, because FL is a HUGE state. You can fit in like 20 Ekiti states in Florida.

Only major cities deserve international airports. That would include Lagos, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Kano.

I know that. And plz try not to insult ekiti with your ajepako comparison.

That is why I was questioning his statement of dropping "INTERNATIONAL" from Enugu's airport. Or are you also saying the state is not "HUGE" enough?
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by EzeUche0(m): 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I know that. And plz try not to insult ekiti with your ajepako comparison.

That is why I was questioning his statement of dropping "INTERNATIONAL" from Enugu's airport. Or are you also saying the state is not "HUGE" enough?

I am saying your state is not important enough in the wider scheme of things that would warrant an international airport.

Enugu is one of the most important cities in the East besides Port Harcourt. Lagos is an important city in the West. Benin City is important, Abuja and Kano.

Look at you becoming hostile, because I spoke the truth about Ekiti.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 21, 2010
EzeUche0:

I am saying your state is not important enough in the wider scheme of things that would warrant an international airport.

Enugu is one of the most important cities in the East besides Port Harcourt. Lagos is an important city in the West. Benin City is important, Abuja and Kano.

Look at you becoming hostile, because I spoke the truth about Ekiti.
Nobody is becoming hostile and I'll need you to read my posts again.

I said I [b]WISH [/b]for Ekiti state to have it's own airport, never even said anything about that airport being internationally or not.

And my 7 Int'l airport theory in FL has nothing to do with Ekiti. I was trying to correct them man that suggested removing the "International" behind Enugu's international airport.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by 9jvirgin(m): 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
Na today? Criminals on the loose. Looting spree. But he go pay my eastern brothers if its upgraded to international standard so that they will stop stripping naked in MMA
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Onlytruth(m): 10:18pm On Oct 21, 2010
So, as I was saying before the thread was invaded by vandals, if Enugu state government embarks on a comprehensive plan to cash in on this airport, the only airport in Nigeria that may come close is Lagos. It all depends on what Enugu state government does. If they don't know what to do, they should hire SOLUDO.

But first, this airport! cool cool
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by jason12345: 10:35pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

oya so fun mi, ta ni e? you sound like maziuche.
lol
I am not maziuche. oruko mi ni jason, omo itsekiri ni mi and mo gbe in london.sugbon mo fe fi details mi le lori public forum. smiley
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by OgidiBoy(m): 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2010
I hope when the Airport is done, the Enugu- Awka- Onitsha Express road will be rebuild so folks in Anambra can drive to the Airport from Onitsha in about an hour's time instead of the 2 or more hours now. That road is a death trap in the rainy season.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by excanny: 11:14pm On Oct 21, 2010
jason12345:

I am not maziuche. oruko mi ni jason, omo itsekiri ni mi and mo gbe in london.sugbon mo fe fi details mi le lori public forum. smiley

No, jason is a nice kid, not an old foe.

Jay, what's happening in delta concerning the Asaba International Airport?

Also, did you learn Yoruba or it's natural for an Itshekiri to speak it?
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Hardtalk: 11:27pm On Oct 21, 2010
The truth is, the bases of naming some of our airports International is not just there.
I have been to over 80% of all the airports in Nigeria. Even MMIA is long due for a new structure.
MM2 should be used as a minimum standard for any airport in Nigeria, talkless of International.
Anything short of that, is a Poultry farm.

Even the local airport in Abuja, is an eye sore. So, think very well, before labelling any structure, "international".
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by chyz(m): 11:34pm On Oct 21, 2010
jason12345:

So do you see yourself as yoruba?
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 21, 2010
chyz:

So do you see yourself as yoruba?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-511427.0.html

Yea, I want to hear the answer too. Or are you just claiming itsekiri because you dey fear? grin grin grin

Hardtalk:

The truth is, the bases of naming some of our airports International is not just there.
I have been to over 80% of all the airports in Nigeria. Even MMIA is long due for a new structure.
MM2 should be used as a minimum standard for any airport in Nigeria, talkless of International.
Anything short of that, is a Poultry farm.

Even the local airport in Abuja, is an eye sore. So, think very well, before labelling any structure, "international".

You're not making sense.
I asked you to define "INTERNATIONAL" to me and you're rambling.
Your outburst was based on YOUR opinion, is that what you're saying?

jason12345:

I dont expect you to give me the details sweety, I was just joking BTW.
So how did you learn Yoruba? Lagos?
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Hardtalk: 11:42pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You're not making sense.
I asked you to define "INTERNATIONAL" to me and you're rambling.
Your outburst was based on YOUR opinion, is that what you're saying?
I dont expect you to give me the details sweety, I was just joking BTW.
So how did you learn Yoruba? Lagos?

Here is my definition of International airport.

An international Airport means, International Airport!.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2010
Hardtalk:

Here is my definition of International airport.

An international Airport means, International Airport!.
L.O.L
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by mensdept: 11:45pm On Oct 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

So, as I was saying before the thread was invaded by vandals, if Enugu state government embarks on a comprehensive plan to cash in on this airport, the only airport in Nigeria that may come close is Lagos. It all depends on what Enugu state government does. If they don't know what to do, they should hire SOLUDO.

But first, this airport! cool cool

I dont agree with hiring Soludo, but I do agree with a comprehensive plan to cash in on the airport. Do you guys know how much money the region can render from the airport, and how competition from carriers would benefit not just those going to the East, but Naija at large.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by chyz(m): 11:50pm On Oct 21, 2010
How many international airports are there/are in construction in the south apart from Lagos, PH, Enugu, and Calabar?
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Hardtalk: 11:57pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

L.O.L

Down to business:

1. What is the length of Enugu Airport?
2. What is the airport area site?
3. What is the Passengers Terminal Floor Space.
4. How is the mode of access to the airport?
5. What is the aircraft movement capacity like around the tarmac?
6. How can the airport be accessed from town?
7. In case of huge traffic, how can the airport handle it?
8. How many airlines (local for now), are running the airport?
Please for now, just answer these. How you answer this little test, will determine whther you are ripe for the rest.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Hardtalk: 12:01am On Oct 22, 2010
@ Ileke-Idi, I hope is not that same airport that advertise on Manual Notice board (with chalk) grin, that you are talking about, because I have been there. Airports I have not been to in Nigeria, are not up to 7.

Waiting, please,
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 22, 2010
Hardtalk:

@ Ileke-Idi, I hope is not that same airport that advertise on Manual Notice board (with chalk) grin, that you are talking about, because I have been there. Airports I have not been to in Nigeria, are not up to 7.

Waiting, please,
Hardtalk:

Down to business:

Please for now, just answer these. How you answer this little test, will determine whther you are ripe for the rest.

I don't have the answers to those questions. But I'm sure you do since you already determined that it should not be an international airport.
And feel free to answer your own questions, I'm waiting.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Hardtalk: 12:58am On Oct 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I don't have the answers to those questions. But I'm sure you do since you already determined that it should not be an international airport.
And feel free to answer your own questions, I'm waiting.

Okay Dear, lets not quarrel. I give up. Do not feel I am against this project. I was only talking from experience about airports in Nigerian and how we rush to label them "International", thats all.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Hardtalk: 12:59am On Oct 22, 2010
Nigeria, I mean.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 22, 2010
Hardtalk:

Okay Dear, lets not quarrel. I give up. Do not feel I am against this project. I was only talking from experience about airports in Nigerian and how we rush to label them "International", thats all.
We're not quarreling. You're teaching and I'm learning.
So answer your own questions please.

Hardtalk:

Down to business:

Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Onlytruth(m): 1:07am On Oct 22, 2010
Hardtalk:

Dude are you serious?

So what is the government spending on then? What are you even quarreling with?
Is it the airport or the international UPGRADE about to happen?

In light of the fact that the airport has been neglected by the federal government all these years, what do you expect to find on the ground before the upgrade?

Frankly the more you type the more you expose your dubious "righteous anger".
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Onlytruth(m): 1:11am On Oct 22, 2010
Hardtalk:

Down to business:

How do you expect to know the answer BEFORE the upgrade is completed?

Why not wait to laugh AFTER the airport fails as you say?

Mr. "love me more than I love myself". undecided
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by jason12345: 1:20am On Oct 22, 2010
excanny:

No, jason is a nice kid, not an old foe.  

Jay, what's happening in delta concerning the Asaba International Airport?

Also, did you learn Yoruba or it's natural for an Itshekiri to speak it?
Ileke-IdI:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-511427.0.html

Yea, I want to hear the answer too. Or are you just claiming itsekiri because you dey fear? grin grin grin

my parents are itsekiri. i was born in london before i was taken to naija for my secondary school , and now am in london
i no dey fear oooo!!! grin. i can't speak itsekiri, my parents don't even speak it!! i learnt yoruba while i was in secondary school in lagos.
Bros, when i first started secondary school in naija, i suffer ooo!! smiley.
Anyway, while i was in secondary school, i noticed alot of things wrong with the whole system and our mentality.
first of all, we were asked to pick a language to learn between yoruba and igbo. i picked yoruba cause the aunty i was staying with speaks itshekiri to people and i noticed a bit of similarity in the language.
In my secondary school, we were spilt along ethnic lines (yoruba and igbo) but even though i choose yoruba, i was put in an igbo class so during language lessons i have to leave the class to go to the yoruba class. i had alot of igbo friends and they told me about the history( to the best of their knowledge then) and biafra storys that their father to them. i also noticed that hausa was compulsory languge to learn even though we had only one hausa boy (mixed with yoruba) in my yr. My igbo friends were crazy cheesy we always argue and they kept saying igbos made lagos cheesy.

i noticed things about them and the yorubas.the similarities are:
1) they both love their education and are very very progressive in nature
2)they both like domination espicially the igbos cheesy smiley
3)the igbos always think they are smarter than the yorubas(street-wise) and the yorubas just follow, but if they sense any cheating the yorubas USUALLY win the fight
4) they both have very charismatic leadership qualities

the differences are:
1) the igbos are very individualistic while the yorubas see eachother as brothers
2) the igbos that i know usually stand for the truth no matter what happens while yorubas are diplomatic
3) the igbos usually think they are strong while the yorubas think are smarter(not street wise)

the list goes on, and in my final yr, the only hausa boy was made the head boy, wtf.

the yorubas are very very accomodating, they saw me as one of their own and we have a lot of cultural similarities.thats y i consider myself as a yoruba. cheesy

even while i was young, i was a pro yoruba-igbo because we are so similar. i also love the hausa-fulanis because they are very humble.
so please guys, lets unite. tribal bashing on nl is taking us no where, imagine since 2005( i saw some trends). so ezeuche,chyz, navfam( even though he is annoying), ileke smiley. lets, unite!!!! smiley smiley smiley.
i am still coming back to naija to put my knowledge in use to improve the country. smiley
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by jason12345: 1:39am On Oct 22, 2010
most, itsekiris in my secondary school consider themselves as yorubas.

@excanny
i don't know anything about the delta-asba airport. sorry, am not in naija smiley
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 22, 2010
Wow, what a speech.
Lord help me a man that can speak Yoruba. . . .*fans sef* tongue tongue jk
Sorry, am more Pro-Ekiti  grin grin
All I want is the development of my state, everything else will fall into order.

And you're very much welcome into the Yoruba clan. . . . o kaabo! wink
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by EzeUche0(m): 1:47am On Oct 22, 2010
jason12345:

most, itsekiris in my secondary school consider themselves as yorubas.

If only the Ikwerre and Anioma Igbos thought like this.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by jason12345: 1:54am On Oct 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Wow, what a speech.
Lord help me a man that can speak Yoruba. . . .*fans sef* tongue tongue jk
Sorry, am more Pro-Ekiti  grin grin
All I want is the development of my state, everything else will fall into order.

And you're very much welcome into the Yoruba clan. . . . o kaabo! wink
e ma bi nu pe mo so ro ju. o se for welcoming me. you are also welcome to itsekiri anytime. smiley
EzeUche0:

If only the Ikwerre and Anioma Igbos thought like this.
its the sense of community that matters cheesy.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 22, 2010
jason12345:

e ma bi nu pe mo so ro ju. o se for welcoming me. you are also welcome to itsekiri anytime. smiley
It depends. Are you sexy? wink grin
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by jason12345: 2:04am On Oct 22, 2010
I don't know, it all depends on your taste. i prefer not to blow my trumpet. wink
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by jason12345: 2:05am On Oct 22, 2010
moreover, ezeuche will kill me if i answer that question.jk cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 22, 2010
jason12345:

I don't know, it all depends on your taste. i prefer not to blow my trumpet. wink
Why dont you let me be the judge of that wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reasons For Mass Failure In Waec,ssce,neco And Jamb Etc / Nigeria's 2019 Budget Made Presentable By DELOITTE / Tribunal Upholds Wike’s Electoral Victory, Dismisses Lp’s Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.