Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church (1083 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Marriage List Of True Vine Power House Ministry, Warri To Intending Couples / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by OpenYourEyes1: 7:10am On Aug 15, 2019
The Church is simply called church... No brand name, catchphrase or slogan

It doesn't necessarily have to be a building. We can also worship in people's home.

A church with very righteous, humble and patient preachers/leaders. No leader with uncessary mean face.

A church with leaders that lead by example and with loyal followers.

A church that doesn't tolerate any form of unrighteous, heresy, false doctrine etc

A church that frequently visits & helps the homeless, prisoners, street children, beggars, poor, destitute etc

A church with leaders/preachers that do not fear people in position of authority. 

Church that believers can go from house to house to pray quietly.

A church believers can support and guarantee the welfare of fellow believers.

A church that believers are ready to sacrifice their lives for GOD

This is the kind of church we will need in the last days. It is the kind of church I want to start attending

To Be Continued

—————————————————————————————

Newly Added

* (9:10am On Aug 15)
No misinterpretation of the scripture. Whatever the church does not totally understand should be left alone. Or when interpreting such passages, words/phrases like, "It may be", "I think", "I guess" "probably" etc should be used

*(7:23am on Aug 16)
"The Church needs prophets, people of faith and Holy Ghost but how can we be sure the prophets are of GOD ALMIGHTY?"

2 Likes

Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by Amazingman(m): 7:44am On Aug 15, 2019
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 15, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

It doesn't necessarily have to be a building. We can also worship in people's home.

A church with very righteous, humble and patient preachers/leaders. No leader with uncessary mean face.

A church that doesn't tolerate any form of unrighteous, heresy, false doctrine etc

A church that frequently visits & helps the homeless, prisoners, street children, beggars, poor, destitute etc

A church with leaders/preachers that do not fear people in position of authority. 

This is the kind of church we will need in the last days. It is the kind of church I want to start attending

To Be Continued

I concur

1 Like

Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by OpenYourEyes1: 9:10am On Aug 15, 2019
No misinterpretation of the scripture. Whatever the church does not totally understand should be left alone. Or when interpreting such passages, words/phrases like, "It may be", "I think", "I guess" "probably" etc should be used

1 Like

Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by UceeGod: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2019
True!
The real ecclesias is urgently needed, especially in Nigeria.
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by malvisguy212: 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2019
op. you made a good point, but you are wrong, the harvest is NOT near. Jesus method was to permit the wheat and tares to grow together until the harvest (Matthew 13:30).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by OpenYourEyes1: 7:23am On Aug 16, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

To Be Continued

The Church needs prophets, people of faith and Holy Ghost but how can we be sure the prophets are of GOD ALMIGHTY?
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by budaatum: 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
I disagree! Anything the church does not understand in scripture (and in the entire universe), should be researched until an understanding comes forth.

Nothing is hid from the church of the Lord except its members lack the Holy Spirit, in which case is it the Church of the Lord?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by OpenYourEyes1: 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
budaatum:

I disagree! Anything the church does not understand in scripture (and in the entire universe), should be researched until an understanding comes forth.

Nothing is hid from the church of the Lord except its members lack the Holy Spirit, in which case is it the Church of the Lord?

Knowledge/wisdom from GOD (which is the gift of Holy spirit) is very important for understanding the Scripture and for Prophesy. With Holy Spirit, the right answers come into one's mind just like that. It happened to me recently... So I know what it feels like... though am not sure about the true origin of the informations I received.

The Apostles had to wait for the gift of the Holy spirit before they began to preach the Gospel. Fire (tongues of fire on heads of disciples) usually represent knowledge and understanding. The church needs the Holy Spirit to direct her.
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by budaatum: 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Knowledge/wisdom from GOD (which is the gift of Holy spirit).
Could you perhaps tell me what one needs to do to receive this so called gift from God?
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by Nobody: 5:14am On Aug 17, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
The (1)Church is simply called church... No brand name, catchphrase or slogan

(2)It doesn't necessarily have to be a building. We can also worship in people's home.

(3)A church with very righteous, humble and patient preachers/leaders. No leader with uncessary mean face.

(4)A church with leaders that lead by example and with loyal followers.

(5)A church that doesn't tolerate any form of unrighteous, heresy, false doctrine etc

(6)A church that frequently visits & helps the homeless, prisoners, street children, beggars, poor, destitute etc

(7)A church with leaders/preachers that do not fear people in position of authority. 

(coolChurch that believers can go from house to house to pray quietly.

(coolA church believers can support and guarantee the welfare of fellow believers.

(9)A church that believers are ready to sacrifice their lives for GOD

(10)This is the kind of church we will need in the last days. It is the {kind of church I want to start attending}

To Be Continued

—————————————————————————————

Newly Added

* (9:10am On Aug 15)

*(7:23am on Aug 16)
"The Church needs prophets, people of faith and Holy (Ghost){Holy Spirit} but how can we be sure the prophets are of GOD ALMIGHTY?"

Out of all what you've mentioned above, numbers(6) and your last statement is what i will correct here!

When talking about Christianity, we need to first of all ascertain one thing TRUTH! Jesus said "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free!" John 8:32

When Jesus said that, it's important for sincere and honesthearted persons to ask "why did Jesus make such statement?"

Well, it's because Jesus knew perfectly that Satan will soon come into the midst of his followers {the one and only group worshiping the true God in the first century} to overturn everything that he taught them! Matthew 13:25
So Jesus asked "if i return, will i still find this faith the way i laid it down?" Luke 18:8

Actually Satan surely conquered by first of all making sure that all the pioneers of the truth were executed brutally one after another and that leads to compromise so that by the end of the second century, the Church had totally succumb to what Satan wanted FALSEHOOD! And charitable organization replaced real Christianity so that most people can't distinguish between Christianity and charitable organizations. But the real Christianity Jesus established has nothing to do with that, it was solely based on ascertaining facts about sacred secrets and helping others to know about it! Matthew 28:19-20

Jesus then promised that during the last days true Christianity will surface again and by that time Satan will not be able to conquer them because they will be spread abroad throughout the earth and they will be recognized with one unique teaching which will bind them together as one big spiritual family of peace-loving worshippers!

Today we have that group exactly as Jesus promised, but sadly Satanic teachings have spread so wide that even when people see the REAL Christians now, they hate them vehemently from the heart just as people also hated Jesus followers in the first century! John 17:14-16 compared to Matthew 10:22

So let's just wrap everything up in a short presentation.
All those requirements you listed up there are exactly aa found in the midst of the TRUE Christians today, and those taking the lead aren't ceremonial religious title chiefs just as prevalence in the world.
This group is known as Jehovah's Witnesses!

But wait! Did i just say Jehovah's Witnesses? embarassed

Well don't be surprised that if truthfully you're spiritually hungry and thirsty for righteousness just as you have desired according to your post, that's the one and only organization where all those qualities you mentioned can be found! The one and only aspect not part of what Jesus laid down is the charitable organization which i listed as number (6), Jesus never gave any homeless person a dime, he only cures and preach to people.
It was Judas Iscariot who suggested charity arrangement and Jesus frankly told him "don't worry, at your own personal discretion you can do that" John 12:4-8

After Jesus' ascension to heaven the Holy Spirit came and Christianity was established as they started laying the foundation of how the Church should be organised, then they committed a costly blunder! Instead of focusing on their preaching and teaching assignment they wanted to eradicate poverty in their midst, of course it cost them the life of a precious Christian couple and immediately they stopped charitable arrangements so that each Christian can PERSONALLY decide on his/her own to help any poor person just as had taught them! Act 4:32~5:11

So you have the true Christians today but sadly you will find one reason or another to criticize them based on the false teachings that Satan has spread abroad which you happened to know first before meeting them, yet you will know that truthfully everything you so much desire to find in Christianity {apart from the false teachings of Christendom Churches which are of no benefits} is right there amongst Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

1 Like

Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by malvisguy212: 8:58am On Aug 17, 2019
budaatum:

Could you perhaps tell me what one needs to do to receive this so called gift from God?
you don't need to do something, Just BELIEVED.
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by budaatum: 10:42am On Aug 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
you don't need to do something, Just BELIEVED.
One gets knowledge and wisdom from God by just "believing"? Interesting!
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by malvisguy212: 10:46am On Aug 17, 2019
budaatum:

One gets knowledge and wisdom from God by just "believing"? Interesting!
or are you doubting God cannot do it ?
FYI Hard work pay.
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by budaatum: 11:51am On Aug 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
or are you doubting God cannot do it ?
FYI Hard work pay.
Doubt that God will drop wisdom on someones head just because they ask?

Please explain what hard work has to do with it?
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by malvisguy212: 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2019
budaatum:

Doubt that God will drop wisdom on someones head just because they ask?

Please explain what hard work has to do with it?
when I say hard work pay, I mean you don't just pray and relax , you don't just believed , you must prove it that you believe by making a move.
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by budaatum: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
when I say hard work pay, I mean you don't just pray and relax , you don't just believed , you must prove it that you believe by making a move.
So, one does not get wisdom just by "asking God" and just by "believing", one must do some hard work too?

Please explain the nature of the "hard work" one must do to get wisdom.
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by malvisguy212: 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2019
budaatum:

So, one does not get wisdom just by "asking God" and just by "believing", one must do some hard work too?

Please explain the nature of the "hard work" one must do to get wisdom.

have you not known that when you pray to pass your exam, you still need to Read ? the purpose of the prayer is to open your understanding.

the disciples walk with Jesus listen to His teaching YET they did not understand His parables, Jesus had to open there UNDERSTANDING.
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by budaatum: 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
have you not known that when you pray to pass your exam, you still need to Read ? the purpose of the prayer is to open your understanding.

the disciples walk with Jesus listen to His teaching YET they did not understand His parables, Jesus had to open there UNDERSTANDING.
Yes, I do know I have to study to pass my exams. In fact, the answer to my prayer to pass my exams is "Go and study!" The message to me from God. So, why did you say all I had to do was "ask God" and "believe" if you now say I must do some hard work?

What "hard work" must one do to have ones "understanding opened by Jesus"?
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by orunto27: 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2019
Tradernaija:

I concur

He wants a Religious Cult, why do you just concur?
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by orunto27: 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
UceeGod:
True!
The real ecclesias is urgently needed, especially in Nigeria.

We have The Mason, Illuminatti, Jesuit etc for those who obey their Rules. They are good.
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by orunto27: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
op. you made a good point, but you are wrong, the harvest is NOT near. Jesus method was to permit the wheat and tares to grow together until the harvest (Matthew 13:30).

As for Slogans and Nicknames for Church, we already have Synagogue, Cathedrals, Chapels, Temples, Assemblies of God etc.
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by malvisguy212: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2019
budaatum:

Yes, I do know I have to study to pass my exams. In fact, the answer to my prayer to pass my exams is "Go and study!" The message to me from God. So, why did you say all I had to do was "ask God" and "believe" if you now say I must do some hard work?

What "hard work" must one do to have ones "understanding opened by Jesus"?
Two farmers pray for rainfall, one believed and go ahead to plant crops, while the other is waiting for the rain to start before he start his planting, which of this two show evidence that God has answer his prayer ?
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by orunto27: 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

The Church needs prophets, people of faith and Holy Ghost but how can we be sure the prophets are of GOD ALMIGHTY?

We have "The Chapel of Resurrection" at U.I.
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by orunto27: 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Prophets are appointed by God and Apostles by C.J.
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by budaatum: 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
Two farmers pray for rainfall, one believed and go ahead to plant crops, while the other is waiting for the rain to start before he start his planting, which of this two show evidence that God has answer his prayer ?
No one plants before rains start unless they plan to irrigate. And farmers are not generally stupid enough to put their crop in the ground unless rains first fall.

The evidence for the answered prayer is the rainfall, and not the belief of the farmers. We farmers know this. As is said, "they who watch the weather will never sow", so we watch time instead. We plant maize when the rains start in March on the offchance that it will continue long enough for our crop to grow and yield a bumper harvest. When the weather favours us, we harvest in May then plant our main crop when rain is more guaranteed to fall. And if it does not favour us our March crop burns in the ground. And to be honest, its hit and miss like betnja. Sometimes we win. Sometime we lose.

Is wisdom acquisition hit and miss too?

1 Like

Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by orunto27: 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2019
budaatum:

With This, I concur 'cos God is Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding. When we pray, God gives them in abundance to Prophets & Apostles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by budaatum: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
orunto27:

With This, I concur 'cos God is Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding. When we pray, God gives them in abundance to Prophets & Apostles.
malvisguy212 has pointed out that some "hard work" needs to be done, and somehow, I do not think 'praying hard' is what is meant.

What does "prayer" mean in this instance, the reward of which is knowledge and wisdom?

How does one "pray" to receive wisdom?
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by malvisguy212: 3:14pm On Aug 17, 2019
budaatum:

No one plants before rains start unless they plan to irrigate. And farmers are not generally stupid enough to put their crop in the ground unless rains first fall.

The evidence for the answered prayer is the rainfall, and not the belief of the farmers. We farmers know this. As is said, "they who watch the weather will never sow", so we watch time instead. We plant maize when the rains start in March on the offchance that it will continue long enough for our crop to grow and yield a crop. When the weather favours us, we harvest in May then plant our main crop when rain is more guaranteed to fall. And if it does not favour us our March crop burns in the ground. And to be honest, its hit and miss like betnja. Sometimes we win. Sometime we lose.

Is wisdom acquisition hit and miss too?

if he did not believed God in the first place , will he pray ? and if he did not pray , will God send the rain ?
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by budaatum: 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
if he did not believed God in the first place , will he pray ? and if he did not pray , will God send the rain ?
I doubt anyone prays if they do not believe in God, though, there are those who hope but do not believe in God. But yes, rain may fall or not whether one prays or not since one has no control over what God does or does not do or upon the weather. It is for this exact reason that we hope our prayers are answered.

Shall one hope to acquire knowledge and wisdom? Is there no guaranteed hard work that one can do to acquire knowledge and wisdom?
Re: We Desperately Need A Real Gathering Of True Christians Called Church by orunto27: 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2019
budaatum:

malvisguy212 has pointed out that some "hard work" needs to be done, and somehow, I do not think 'praying hard' is what is meant.

What does "prayer" mean in this instance, the reward of which is knowledge and wisdom?

How does one "pray" to receive wisdom?

Pray with all your Heart, with all your Soul, with all your Mind and with all your Strength. Jesus did that at the Garden of Getsimane when the sweat coming out of Him was like blood. The Wisdom He received was that "for that purpose He came to save the world". He immediately conceded to The Will of God.
"Lead us not into Temptation and deliver us from evil"; is a Prayer that must not leave the Tongue of a BornAgain Christian.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is How Sheikh Uthman Ibn Farooq Was Caught Lying / Checkout The Largest Church Structure In The World. The Ark. Photos And Video / The Diary Of Rev Lanre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.