Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Good News! Ipod Touch Can Nw Be Converted To An Iphone! - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Good News! Ipod Touch Can Nw Be Converted To An Iphone! (2622 Views)

H / Fairly Used 3rd Gen Ipod Touch For Sale / Blackberrys gt cheaper.bb9800 nw available torch 2(9810),bold torch 9900 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good News! Ipod Touch Can Nw Be Converted To An Iphone! by dvd(f): 4:03am On Oct 21, 2010
Word jst got to me about the new apple peel 520 that adds the missing phone calls and text message services to the i-touch. more details will be available when i gt on a pc. CONGRATS TO THE I-TOUCH LOVERS, U r jst a few step of turning ur baby into an IPHONE.
Re: Good News! Ipod Touch Can Nw Be Converted To An Iphone! by NCP: 9:57am On Oct 21, 2010
Re: Good News! Ipod Touch Can Nw Be Converted To An Iphone! by NCP: 10:05am On Oct 21, 2010
h**p://technabob.com/blog/2010/07/28/convert-ipod-touch-into-iphone/
Re: Good News! Ipod Touch Can Nw Be Converted To An Iphone! by NCP: 10:07am On Oct 21, 2010
Convert Your iPod
Touch Into iPhone

Yosion Technology, a
China-based company
has developed a kit
called Apple Peel 520.
It is a set of
accessories which
add calling
capabilities to the
iPod Touch.
Once connected
through a doc
connector it supplied
the iPod with a SIM
card and extended
battery. You can use
any SIM to make calls
through your iPod
Touch.
Being made in China,
it is low on cost and
may become quite
popular in China,
which is already
flooded with iPhone
look-alike devices.
But before you get
too excited here is a
warning. Tests found
that in order to make
Apple Peel 520 work,
you will have to first
JailBreak your device.
You can't change the
call volume (there is
a feature but it
doesn't make any
difference), incoming
phone numbers and
contacts may not
appear, you may not
know about missed
calls as it shows a
blank message for
reminder, you can't
set ringtones, and
many more.
You know what you
can get from the iPod
Touch ;-)
Re: Good News! Ipod Touch Can Nw Be Converted To An Iphone! by texazzpete(m): 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2010
dvd:

Word jst got to me about the new apple peel 520 that adds the missing phone calls and text message services to the i-touch. more details will be available when i gt on a pc. CONGRATS TO THE I-TOUCH LOVERS, U r jst a few step of turning your baby into an IPHONE.

Wrong.
It adds basic phone capabilities to the iPod Touch. I doesn't turn it into an iPhone.

Plus the resulting phone has ZERO data capability. No EDGE, no GPRS, no 3G.
Re: Good News! Ipod Touch Can Nw Be Converted To An Iphone! by dvd(f): 6:10am On Oct 22, 2010
The itouch already has a wifi. plus wit the apple peel 520,u wld b able to make phone calls n send messages, what else do u want? already,the itouch has data capabilities. na wa o. abeg visit peel520.net for more info.
Re: Good News! Ipod Touch Can Nw Be Converted To An Iphone! by texazzpete(m): 6:45am On Oct 22, 2010
dvd:

The itouch already has a wifi. plus wit the apple peel 520,u wld b able to make phone calls n send messages, what else do u want? already,the itouch has data capabilities. na wa o. abeg visit peel520.net for more info.

Well, you don't always have Wifi with you wherever you go, do you? Plus the peel just adds to the iPod touch's bulk, defeating the basic purpose of having a slim media player to complement your existing phone.
I'm not saying it does not have value, but it's not the 8th wonder of the world you're painting it as.

By the way, do you have an iPhone 3GS (brand new) for sale?
Re: Good News! Ipod Touch Can Nw Be Converted To An Iphone! by dvd(f): 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2010
ok o. no i dnt jst bb bold 9650 for nw.
Re: Good News! Ipod Touch Can Nw Be Converted To An Iphone! by dvd(f): 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2010
ok o. no i dnt jst bb bold 9650 for nw.

(1) (Reply)

Cs Pro Ep 1080 Photocopier For Sale At A Very Give-away Price / Need HP Envy M6 Laptop (could Be Used) / Hp 2000 Intel Celeron 2gb RAM 500gb HDD, 56k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.