Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,736 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) (29433 Views)

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / Over 800 People Trapped In Cruise Ship Chaos In Norway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Catchfirez: 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2019
New Buses are not BRT Buses. BRT it's not own by Lagos state government but by primero transport services. If you notice those new busses are for places where BRT does not go. That's why you cant find any of this new bus stop and new buses from ikorodu to TBS.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Catchfirez: 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
New Buses are not BRT Buses. BRT it's not own by Lagos state government but by primero transport services. If you notice those new busses are for places where BRT does not go. That's why you cant find any of this new bus stop and new buses from ikorodu to TBS. OP get your facts right. Before posting pictures of BRT bus stops.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by CrimeKsmart: 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
kernel001:

Hahahaha... Aboki is calling somebody illiterate, he doesn't even know the definition of illiteracy, literally he thinks one most a graduate to be called literate.

It is the ability to read and write. I don't blame you, you wouldn't have attended a university if we're in the East, because of University Cut-off. You're a product of quota system.

Aboki doesn't know that Prostitution isn't a criminal offense, even in Nigeria. You're a product of the North.
See this product of failed education definining illiteracy for me. Hahahhaha.. I cant stop laughing here.
Obviously no one will see the gibberish you wrote above and regard you as a learned person and thats the reason why I said you are worst than an illiterate.

At least we all know an illiterate can't read and write but you claim to be learned yet your ignorance is second to none.Ignorance they say is worst than disease.

I won't educate you here, you have to do that yourself. Go and check Nigeria criminal law under penal code.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by LZAA: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2019
NkemChukwudi:
Its stupid to be nice

Igbo people have messed up our Lagos, I swear!

LzAA immhotep
OUR lagos grin
Goan pay ur igbo landlord his rent ooo else na mowe/ibafo idp camp for u o grin
Cc immhotep Afonjaconehead GMBuharii sarrki

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Sirmuel1(m): 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
4gunners:
Lol.. "You thought you were in Abuja". Lagos is damn different. If you're not OBO, to be candid, you can't enjoy the quality of living in a city in Lagos. Abuja is just different.

Abuja is one of the best places in Nigeria (if you can afford an accommodation)
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Recruitmentedu: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
hungary
Xisnin:

Same size and population as Lagos and has no transport issues?
What's the country's name?
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Xisnin(m): 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2019
Recruitmentedu:
hungary
Not even close.
Hungary's has an area of 93,030 sq km and a population of less than 10 million
While Lagos has 1,171 sq km and a population of 21 million.

That is Hungary is about 90 times the size of Lagos.
They have enough space to construct roads and rails for the populace.
While Lagos is managing a tiny space.

Lagos, of course, need improvement in the area of transportation but let's cut it some slack.

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by 4gunners(m): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sirmuel1:

Yeah
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by 4gunners(m): 7:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sirmuel1:

Yeah...
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by farem: 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
grayht:
Useless APC government!
Okearo is more organised than lagos undecided

So a cursed place like your "Okearo" needs to be organised in the first place? The misery there has organised the place already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2019
lexy2014:

Which rail line? Does Lagos not already have rail line?
where did you see a completed and functional rail way In Lagos
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2019
lexy2014:

Which rail line? Does Lagos not already have rail line?
there is no completed rail line in Lagos
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Eagleboney:
where did you see a completed and functional rail way In Lagos

Where in Nigeria do u live?
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Eagleboney:
there is no completed rail line in Lagos

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2019
lexy2014:

onitsha
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Mizwisdom(f): 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
It's called "Rush hour traffic" every major city around the globe experiences it
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 9:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
Eagleboney:
onitsha

Then how do u no there are no completed rail lines in Lagos from ur base in Onitsha?
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 9:19pm On Aug 15, 2019
lexy2014:

Then how do u no there are no completed rail lines in Lagos from ur base in Onitsha?
don't talk about Lagos to ibadan rail way I am talking about rail lines within Lagos, if there is any functional one pls enlighten me
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
Eagleboney:
don't talk about Lagos to ibadan rail way I am talking about rail lines within Lagos, if there is any functional one pls enlighten me

I didn't talk about Lagos/Ibadan and I don't intend to. D question I asked which u have failed to answer is how do u no from ur base in Onitsha that there are no completed and functional rail lines in Lagos?
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2019
lexy2014:

I didn't talk about Lagos/Ibadan and I don't intend to. D question I asked which u have failed to answer is how do u no from ur base in Onitsha that there are no completed and functional rail lines in Lagos?
I read news nah
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
lexy2014:

I know from reading news
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
Lagos State, the most populous state in Nigeria, is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. It is also considered as one of the world’s 36 mega-cities.

Lagos has one of the largest, most extensive, and busiest road networks in West Africa. Sadly, Lagos has an insufficient suburban train and some ferry services.

Transportation within the state is principally by road. This often leaves the internal roads and expressways congested at peak hours, due in part to the geography of the city, as well as its explosive population growth.

Shortly before the advent of the Lagos BRT, Lagos was regarded as the only megacity (defined by the UN as a city with a population of over 10 million) without any organized public transport system.

A new monorail system that is supposed to span the length of the Badagry expressway to Lagos Island is currently under construction.

Despite the introduction of the BRT bus system and over 800 new intra-city buses by the Akinwunmi Ambode-led administration, there is still a significant deficit of public mass transit vehicles in Lagos.

The photos below show the daily challenges of getting available mass transit vehicles faced by residents of Lagos state.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/despite-the-introduction-of-over-800-buses-see-stranded-commuters-in-lagos-photos/

Bus isn't the problem.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
Eagleboney:
I know from reading news

Jeez dude. U made a very bold and ignorant statement. D funny thing is that u were even saying it with so much confidence like u came to Lagos& u didn't c any completed & functional rail lines. Then its very possible that d mention of various train stations and terminuses in Lagos will b alien to u. FYI, trains operate on every working day in Lagos. They have been doing it 4 decades. So I don't no d news u read that Lagos has no "completed and functional" rail lines
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
All these nyamiri are polluting Lagos abeg. They should go to their respective states since their governors are excellently performing.

They are the cause of the high population imagine if all the galla sellers leave Lagos.

grin This will never happen because the nyamiris built Lagos but this is not hard to understand even all the Lagos APC leaders haven't done anything against them

Maybe you think you understand Lagos better than Tinubu
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by ajl: 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
9jvirgin:
I just got back from an European tour, I visited Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Germany and London. These countries too are heavily populated but you need to see how thousands of trains, subways and buses helps people to connect so FAST and EASY. Dedicated rail tracks and roads for buses was clearly noticeable.

Almost all the population in Denmark had bicycles, at 4pm I saw people with Suit and Ties riding their bikes home.

I took a train from Copenhagen, Denmark to Malmo, Sweden and the whole trip lasted for 2 hours and 45 mins. The problem is not the population, the problem is black man-kind.

We may never get it right!

Problem is most of the decisions made by government officials is based on greed and not on technicalities and needs of the project to succeed.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by ajl: 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
It's only problem solvers that can successfully manage the affairs of Lagos in order for it to be world-class. This set of politicians cannot live up to our expectation. I am currently visiting Lagos and its like a city on autopilot with no existence of government as exemplified by the general lack of law and order, waste-filled drainages, extremely dirty environment. From restaurants, to the roads and malls, the masses just act as if everything is normal.
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by MyGeneration(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2019
Americanboy35:

Over population is killing Lagos seriously
over population is not killing Lagos, its just lack of proper management of the population

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by b03liberty(m): 10:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
All these nyamiri are polluting Lagos abeg. They should go to their respective states since their governors are excellently performing.

They are the cause of the high population imagine if all the galla sellers leave Lagos.
Everything is not for joke. Try to be serious where necessary
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by citruslimited(m): 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
It obvious the buses can not serve the to Lagos population
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Insectkiller: 11:43pm On Aug 15, 2019
Population is too high
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
caracas:
The truth of the Matter is no matter the innovations n inventions the government decides to introduce the problem would still not be solved. Why , because lagos is too populated n the more u invent n introduce the more ppl move into Lagos.
It is simple the Lagos state government cannot n will never be able to solve this problem. The only way to solve this traffic problems is to deliberately depopulate Lagos, and that can only be done by opening up other major cities n make Lagos less attractive.
Of course only the FG can do this.
will you depopulate Tokyo or Shanghai or New York?

The world is youth
There will be more movement to urban ares
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:49pm On Aug 15, 2019
You can volunteer to leave na
kerry57:
What is 800 buses compared to a population of more than 18 million people in lagos? Lagos is over populated and should be decongested of human beings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Traffic Light Is For Decoration, Motorist Cries Out: Video / Nigeria Will No Longer Tolerate Harassment Of Its Citizens In Ghana - FG / Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.