Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary (454 Views)

Daddy Freeze On Pastor Adeboye's Necklace: "This Is Pressing Of Virgin Breast" / Virgin Mary Miracle Of The Sun In Lagos On 28th Oct. 2017 (Video) / Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by Donald95(m): 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2019
When Mary understood that she had come to the end of her life, she once again acknowledged God and humbly indicated that his will should be done. She accepted that it was time for her to die. She was ready. She did not want to claim for herself some divine prerogative where she did not have to die: if her son died, and died willingly, so she willingly followed her son on the path of death. It was not a cruel death; it was not a painful death; it was not a martyr’s death at the hands of others, but it was death, a death which she freely accepted and embraced so that she could follow after her son and receive her share in the resurrection from the dead.

“When some time had gone by, this glorious virgin, the Mother of God, left the earth by a natural death.” [2] This is the ancient teaching of the church: Mary, the Mother of God, died, and then three days later, was assumed into heaven. In her death, she completed her life, and in her willingness to let death come to her instead of trying to prevent it, she truly followed her son in kenotic self-giving that allowed her not only to be full of grace at the incarnation, but to be glorified with deifying grace in her death and assumption into heaven.

The Apostles, we are told, came together to experience her funeral procession as well as to be witnesses to her assumption into heaven:
The Apostles, however, lifted up the previous body of the most glorious lady, Mary, the Mother of God and ever-virgin, and placed it in a new tomb, in the place the Savior had showed them. They remained in that place, awake in unity of spirit, for three days. And after the third day, they opened the sarcophagus to venerate the precious tabernacle of her who deserves all praise, but found only her grave-garments; for she had been taken away by Christ, the God who became flesh from her, to the place of her eternal, living inheritance. [3]
The day of the assumption was long established to be August 15.

Did Mary actually assended into heaven in flesh and blood? and Why wasn't it recorded in the bible by any of those apostles that were around at her death?

Help a Catholic that is thinking out of the box. Happy Ascension day

lalasticlala OAM4J

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/henrykarlson/2019/08/the-death-and-assumption-of-mary/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by hisgrace090: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
What is the gain of the catholic in making every effort to front Mary side by side with Jesus?
Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by Chizuru01(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2019
Donald95:
When Mary understood that she had come to the end of her life, she once again acknowledged God and humbly indicated that his will should be done. She accepted that it was time for her to die. She was ready. She did not want to claim for herself some divine prerogative where she did not have to die: if her son died, and died willingly, so she willingly followed her son on the path of death. It was not a cruel death; it was not a painful death; it was not a martyr’s death at the hands of others, but it was death, a death which she freely accepted and embraced so that she could follow after her son and receive her share in the resurrection from the dead.

“When some time had gone by, this glorious virgin, the Mother of God, left the earth by a natural death.” [2] This is the ancient teaching of the church: Mary, the Mother of God, died, and then three days later, was assumed into heaven. In her death, she completed her life, and in her willingness to let death come to her instead of trying to prevent it, she truly followed her son in kenotic self-giving that allowed her not only to be full of grace at the incarnation, but to be glorified with deifying grace in her death and assumption into heaven.

Did Mary actually assended into heaven in flesh and blood? and Why wasn't it recorded in the bible by any of those apostles that were around at her death?

lalasticlala OAM4J

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/henrykarlson/2019/08/the-death-and-assumption-of-mary/

Mary died a natural death and went to heaven.

Their is nothing like queen of heaven as their is no such thing as gender in heaven.

Also, Joseph or Mary's death where not recorded in the bible because Bible is not a history textbook and only notable event with significant spiritual meaning where recorded and things as big as ascension (Enoch and Elijah) were all recorded in the bible. Even Moses dead body was carried into Abrahams Bosom and it was also recorded in the bible.

Always read your bible for clarification not lostening to what group of people said to support their belief.
Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by Chizuru01(m): 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
hisgrace090:
What is the gain of the catholic in making every effort to front Mary side by side with Jesus?

They don't even know that Jesus never recognized Mary as his mother. Jesus always use the word "Woman" when referring to Mary

mynd44 and lalasticlala Front Page. Today is a big day for Catholics

1 Like

Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by budaatum: 2:14pm On Aug 15, 2019
hisgrace090:

Somebody has to teach you the importance of mothers in a child's education in case you one day have children of your own.
Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by Donald95(m): 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2019
Chizuru01:

Mary died a natural death and went to heaven.

Their is nothing like queen of heaven as their is no such thing as gender in heaven.

Also, Joseph or Mary's death where not recorded in the bible because Bible is not a history textbook and only notable event with significant spiritual meaning where recorded and things as big as ascension (Enoch and Elijah) were all recorded in the bible. Even Moses dead body was carried into Abrahams Bosom and it was also recorded in the bible.

Always read your bible for clarification not lostening to what group of people said to support their belief.

Thank you for your contribution
Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by hisgrace090: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
budaatum:

Somebody has to teach you the importance of mothers in a child's education in case you one day have children of your own.

Remember you're serving a jealouse God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by Donald95(m): 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Chizuru01:

They don't even know that Jesus never recognized Mary as his mother. Jesus always use the word "Woman" when referring to Mary

mynd44 and lalasticlala Front Page. Today is a big day for Catholics

I will research on this too.
Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by budaatum: 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
hisgrace090:

Remember you're serving a jealouse God.
If you believed that your God were jealous, you'd seriously have to wonder why you'd be equating other's to be God's equal.
Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
Donald95:

lalasticlala OAM4J

this is the result of seeking truth outside the bible.

In other words mary is a goddess, does this not prove the roman Catholicism is Satanism.
Imagine equating the created to the creator.

Roman Catholicism is one of if not the biggest cult on earth.

the person who you describe up there is not mary but lucifer disguise as mary.
lucifer tries to imitate God in every way

Isaiah 14:13-14 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by Donald95(m): 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2019
solite3:
this is the result of seeking truth outside the bible.

In other words mary is a goddess, does this not prove the roman Catholicism is Satanism.
Imagine equating the created to the creator.

Roman Catholicism is one of if not the biggest cult on earth.

the person who you describe up there is not mary but lucifer disguise as mary.
lucifer tries to imitate God in every way

Isaiah 14:13-14 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Religion itself is a cult. Am also having problem equating Mary to be the in the same rank as almighty God. The way She was assumed to be a queen of Heaven automatically makes her Wife of almighty God which I couldn't see in my Bible.

Front page please Lalasticlala. Let's hear from other Catholics
Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by budaatum: 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2019
I find it amusing that some will disregard Mary, the only person to conceive through the Holy Spirit, for fear of equating her to Jesus.

Thankfully, a time will surely come when the veil will be removed and her achievement will be duly recognised and emulated

1 Like

Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by CAPSLOCKED: 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2019
WHAT A THREAD.

1 Like

Re: August 15: Ascension Of Virgin Mary by Donald95(m): 8:49am On Aug 23, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
WHAT A THREAD.

What happened to the thread?

(1) (Reply)

#sexforgrades: The Bitter Truth About What Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Said / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Being Arrested By The Police. / The Characteristics Of A Perfect Church Of God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.