Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

See This New German Solar Car That Can Go 12,400 Miles A Year With Solar Energy - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See This New German Solar Car That Can Go 12,400 Miles A Year With Solar Energy (1046 Views)

Dutch Firm Releases 'First Solar Car That Travels 450 Miles On Single Charge' / Super Sweet Solar Car That Can Go 12,400 Miles A Year Using Solar Energy / Mechanic Creates 2-faced Car That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See This New German Solar Car That Can Go 12,400 Miles A Year With Solar Energy by exlinklodge: 9:06am On Aug 16, 2019
Checkout This New German Solar Car That Can Go 12,400 Miles A Year With Just Solar Energy - Photos

I'm always thrilled whenever I see wonderful inventions especially on cars. Dutch car maker Lightyear has unveiled the first 'long-range' solar car that's claimed to provide customers with around 12,400 miles of motoring a year using free energy captured from the sun, according to Dailymail.

The Lightyear One was unveiled on Tuesday priced at €149,000 around £134,000, (59.3 Million Naira). Customers who want to secure one of the first 500 'pioneer' examples will need to pay a reservation fee of €119,000 (£106,166).

The car, which has five square metres of solar panels on the roof and bonnet, is claimed to have a range of 725 kilometres (450 miles) from a full charge of the relatively small battery powering the vehicle. With the Department for Transport calculating that the average motorist covers 7,134 miles annually, it means Britons could drive all-year-round for free, well as long as the sun comes out for long enough to charge the One’s battery.

At the launch event in Katwijk, Holland, bosses revealed key pieces of information about the solar car that's due to be delivered to owners in 2021.
They said it can be charged directly from the sun, which can generate a maximum of 20,000km worth of free energy per year. But it can also be charged from existing electric vehicle plug-in points while it's also boosting the batteries using its solar panels, effectively charging much faster than traditional EVs already on the market.

An overnight charge from a 230-volt socket will provide customers with 400km of range, around 250 miles.

Lex Hoefsloot, ceo and co-founder of Lightyear said the car 'represents a new era of driving'.

'Two years of dreaming, thinking and working hard have led to this milestone, which is a giant leap towards achieving our mission of making clean mobility available to everyone.'

The company, Lightyear was founded in 2016 by the Solar Team Eindhoven, which won the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge in 2013, 2015 and 2017. Development of the long-range solar One has received several awards, grants and support from key investors. Just 500 first-run 'pioneer' models will be made, though 100 of them have already been claimed by customers.

Full article and more photos @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2019/08/checkout-this-new-german-solar-car-that.html?m=1

Cc mynd44 lalasticlala

Re: See This New German Solar Car That Can Go 12,400 Miles A Year With Solar Energy by scala101(m): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2019
woooow shocked shocked shocked Sleek machine
Re: See This New German Solar Car That Can Go 12,400 Miles A Year With Solar Energy by murphyfada(m): 8:14am On Aug 17, 2019
I am in need of a Toyota Camry Big Daddy 2005 model or a Toyota Corolla 2006 model for Hire Purchase.

Name : Okunade Fada

1. I just registered on Uber and Taxity as a Driver Partner
2. I need the car for HP or Rentals
3. Location : Iju Ishaga, Lagos
4. Initial Deposit : None
5. Guarantor or Referee : YES
6. Weekly Payment : Between 20k - 25k....Never Done Uber/Taxify before so higher delivery may not be visible as people make it look like considering the state of Lagos roads(terrible), Hours in Traffic thereby limiting Output, Many drivers on the platform, Unforeseen Car Issues, the list is Endless. Better Safe than Sorry or telling Story.
7. Duration : 24 - 30 Months
8. Contact : Call 07032327232 or Whatsapp 09058164245
9.Car Specification : Newly Purchased Car or 2019 Purchased Nigerian Used Car. Considering how car depreciates in value and performance over time, I will prefer a car that is still in top shape than an already overused car that will affect my Delivery.
10. URGENTLY NEEDED like Now Now.
11. I am Available for an Interview and ready to Start Immediately
12. If you are my Helper, Bless my Ministry. I am waiting for that call/message

God Bless You Sir/Mam.
Re: See This New German Solar Car That Can Go 12,400 Miles A Year With Solar Energy by naijadrivablog: 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
It has a design of the past and the future cars.

(1) (Reply)

2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime Adds A Plug-in Hybrid With 302hp / Toyota Camry 2001 Shock Absorbers / Few Month Used Toyota Camry 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.